Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 02-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #41
o_wlvy

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
The only way I've found to have fun on 2fort (besides RJ-ing onto the battlements and killing snipers all day) is to put a 2-man engi lockdown on the flag. Just build 2 SGs, teleporters going to and from the nearby supply room, and a dispenser on the flag and in one of the doors. Then you boost eachother into the rafters with grenades and wait with your finger on the 'det dispenser' button.
Only if the enemy doesn't know how to use a spy or mirv or emp!
o_wlvy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2006, 07:02 PM   #42
o_mescalito

Quote:
Originally Posted by stino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mescalito
It may suck for whatever reason for the veterans, doesn't metter. It's still a very newb friendly map. It's small and you should really be a stupid ass to get lost in it. + there's the nostalgia thing..
i thought it was the other way around? there are a lot of players who love 2fort, but most of the "newbs" hate it (like me):s
It might depend on the stage at which you joined TFC. I joined shortly after the game was released so everyone was pretty much equal in terms of skill. This game type was new to the majority of gamers (excluding Quakers) so life was easy back then, you developed your skill along with the other nooblets :P There wasn't much reason to deslike the map. It was small, fast and fun. I also quit TFC pretty early so i guess i'm the oldest newb here

If you joined at the later stage of TFC where everyone is godly skilled i can only asume it would be a hard time to survive for long in such a small and fast pased map..
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2006, 08:23 AM   #43
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
Good guess QBaler.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2006, 07:38 PM   #44
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
The real question is, why are they there?

Old 02-23-2006, 09:20 PM   #45
o_beetle

yea, instead of "leaking" u should start posting mystery pics or little barely noticable things in the screenshots about FF.
o_beetle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2006, 12:52 AM   #46
o_fragile

subliminal naked people
o_fragile is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2006, 06:39 AM   #47
o_own3r

I have two main problems with this map:

1.) It is far too small in the central area so the only way to get around is to go the overly long water route.

2.) It feels fake knasty it has got no natural environment it is amost all made of concrete. Yuck! Get some greenery and some inaccessable greenery in the middle section!
o_own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2006, 09:38 AM   #48
o_loyus

2forts was the most imitated map (intentionally or not) in the whole TFC history, because it has simply the best action/"order" ratio for a 8v8 CTF, wich make it the best map to me. I've never seen a map so perfect in size and shape : small enough to allow a very fast-paced action (fun to off) but still allows a very strong defense (fun to def). At least it is true on the TFC engine, not to mention the popularity of this map on publics also.

It's a living lesson for all mappers, but instead of getting the essence of 2forts, most of them just distorted it's layout, resulting in a crappy map with a very distant "2forts feel", wich would eventually end in our leagues if the mapper had some admin pals. 2forts is about simplicty, elegance, friendly ambiance (on other TF mod, it's often a very gloomy "where is my prozac" map)... etc. etc. Damn I love 2forts... I always wished I could make love with it... If only...
o_loyus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2006, 04:46 PM   #49
o_nezumi

Phah, if only. 2fort is the most coppied TFC map because it's the simplest ctf map. Any symmetrical ctf map will be a remake of 2fort, maybe with added features like gameplay or design.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2006, 08:33 PM   #50
o_darknight

Even I could map TFC's 2fort.

As Nezumi kinda said. That's why it's the most copied map on TFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyus
I've never seen a map so perfect in size and shape
You really need to get off the Jolt.co.uk 24/7 2fort server (or European equivilant) and try play some more maps.
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote