Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #141
ESADTrojan

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Let me help set some things straight. I will present the facts you people can make your decision based on that.

I was aware that Muchez was banned from league and he did the Trial to get into ESAD, which was quadpiping Conc_Pulse, (go download it and look at it and you will agree its pretty impressive.)

ESAD has never had any policies set in stone, but we do look out for each other. Which is why they are putting their own reputations on the line to protect his. Saying our policy is to crash server is misleading. I want my members to take responsibility for their own actions. What Muchez did is his problem, Scuzzy made it into a guildwide problem.

I do not want to see this get out of control. So I talked to clown to make make a fix for the script, he agreed and created it. This is a gift from ESAD to you guys, because it is unfortunate that 'dick' (muchez as labeled by many) was exploiting your server.

You left out my quotes of how I would he happy to reason with you, which you kindly declined. So I grew a little frustrated and finally came to terms with it being a guild wide problem.

So Now I offer everyone a solution and fix for the script and protection from all future attacks and I hope you guys don't think of me or ESAD as bad people.

The script will remain secret as it is very dangerous and my best wishes go out to OT and I hope they accept my apologies, mostly on muchez behalf.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #142
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlstriker
2.) If you run AMXX you can use the patch I made that will stop this crash from happening.
- This is the safest method due to the power of the script that I created. If you don't use this your server can still be potentially crashed.
-
Could you post the source code for the amxx plugin?

Thanks,
Scuzzy

Old 07-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #143
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
And there we have it. After much flaming nad bitching, Trojan has posted.

Who wants a cookie?

PS Clowneh says it's in one of the links.

First infraction! Flaming!

Old 07-09-2007, 11:13 PM   #144
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESADTrojan
Let me help set some things straight. I will present the facts you people can make your decision based on that.

I was aware that Muchez was banned from league and he did the Trial to get into ESAD, which was quadpiping Conc_Pulse, (go download it and look at it and you will agree its pretty impressive.)

ESAD has never had any policies set in stone, but we do look out for each other. Which is why they are putting their own reputations on the line to protect his. Saying our policy is to crash server is misleading. I want my members to take responsibility for their own actions. What Muchez did is his problem, Scuzzy made it into a guildwide problem.

I do not want to see this get out of control. So I talked to clown to make make a fix for the script, he agreed and created it. This is a gift from ESAD to you guys, because it is unfortunate that 'dick' (muchez as labeled by many) was exploiting your server.

You left out my quotes of how I would he happy to reason with you, which you kindly declined. So I grew a little frustrated and finally came to terms with it being a guild wide problem.

So Now I offer everyone a solution and fix for the script and protection from all future attacks and I hope you guys don't think of me or ESAD as bad people.

The script will remain secret as it is very dangerous and my best wishes go out to OT and I hope they accept my apologies, mostly on muchez behalf.
You made this a guild-wide issue Trojanman, not me. I think it's very benevolent of you to give us a gift fix to something we could never know was the real cause of the crashes. After the last few days it's difficult for me to find you credible. I understand you want to post here and try to fix your reputation, perhaps it'll work and some people will buy it.

The [o-t] accepts your apology from yourself, but since you don't take responsiblity for muchez's actions I do not see how you can apologize for him. Please understand though that this will not change the status of your accounts on our server, you just can not be trusted, not matter how much you try to sugar coat it.

Scuzzy

Old 07-09-2007, 11:23 PM   #145
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Aaaand Scuzzy, that's the shit that Trojan got tired of. I'm not even going to try, you're too set in your ways.

Trojan is a very passive leader of the ESAD community. You may believe that he should punish Muchez, but he really doesn't care as it doesn't affect him. Welcome to the difference in... OPINION!

Old 07-09-2007, 11:26 PM   #146
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
Aaaand Scuzzy, that's the shit that Trojan got tired of. I'm not even going to try, you're too set in your ways.
No, I just know you and his type. Hell, you even told him this was going on in here in the thread you quoted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilverFox
Big shitfest is going on at the FF forums. I'm finding it quite amusing tbh, especially with all the members who are all convinced that ESAD is a bunch of server crashers.
His response to that startling accusation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan
cool. Publicity.
That just re-enforces what I already know.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:27 PM   #147
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Really Scuzzy, you don't know either of us outside of this, you're just making more assumptions.

Did the nurse remember to give you your medicine?

Old 07-09-2007, 11:37 PM   #148
totoro^vi

I would like to make a motion that everyone agrees that this is a done issue.

Trojan apologized and fixed the script, I can't imagine why that shouldn't be the end of this. Scuzzy, stop acting so pretentious, you have the opportunity to end this, please take it. I don't play on your servers nor care about them, but they're yours and you can run them how you see fit, let's leave it at that.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #149
Going Postal

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
How noble of him. This is a classic.

I think we all know enough about him to know we don't need to know any more.

good calls guys, ban each and every one of them

Old 07-09-2007, 11:50 PM   #150
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Really Scuzzy, you don't know either of us outside of this, you're just making more assumptions.

Did the nurse remember to give you your medicine?
As for ending this, I made it clear to Trojanman a few days ago that the [o-t] considers this matter closed. He's had his say, I'd be more then willing for a thread lock at this point.

Scuzzy

Last edited by Scuzzy; 07-10-2007 at 02:39 AM.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:54 PM   #151
Digital_Ghost

I find it rather ironic that now he comes forward, apologizes, offers a fix after thier name was drug through the mud, reputation tarnished and possible banned from multiple servers. He's just trying to save face and any dignity the "guild" may have left.

PS- SilverFox before you hit that post button and make another dumbass thread, just shutup already and save whatever dignity you have..if any at all.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:08 AM   #152
Suite307

Seriously, backing friends is a good thing, but not when you sound like an asshole to everyone else.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:09 AM   #153
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suite307
Seriously, backing friends is a good thing, but not when you sound like an asshole to everyone else.
Concur.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:31 AM   #154
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suite307
It's the internet. And that's not my house .

Trojan doesn't care, but wants to wrap all the shit up. I could care less about how a bunch of faceless people online (including a fairly young clan compared to the ESAD community) think of me.

See you in FF.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:47 AM   #155
Tennovan
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
If you could code up some stuff like that for PHPBB (even something as simple as tying a SteamID to a phpbb forum account), it would really be appreciated by the community.

I know that a lot of your stuff must be integrated in many ways, but releasing something like tying a Steam ID to a server list and forum account would be really useful on the end of forum owners. Could prevent a lot of trolling and such, and make it easy to link people with their bans and stuff.

Even if you did not release it for free, think about that Scuzzy... tossing something together publicly that does what your software does would revolutionize server management. You could just run it as a closed source project that accepts donations going towards [o-t]'s servers. Might bring in a small amount of cashflow.

If you did anything like that for phpbb, I would buy it. If not, well, there are plenty of forums that use vBulletin (including these O: ) and I am sure many server owners would find it quite useful indeed.
Something like this wouldn't be hard to do... I'm not sure how their system works but I'd be willing to look into it.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:31 AM   #156
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
It's the internet. And that's not my house .

Trojan doesn't care, but wants to wrap all the shit up. I could care less about how a bunch of faceless people online (including a fairly young clan compared to the ESAD community) think of me.

See you in FF.
Stop saying that 'it's the internet.' There is an association between how you conduct yourself on the internet and how you conduct yourself in real life, whether you want to recognize it or not.

And, either Clowneh or Trojan is being fake. Its either Clowneh's conscience that got him to make a 'fix,' or Trojan that got him to make a 'fix.' Either way, ESAD in general is still being obviously fake to try to regain some dignity.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:10 AM   #157
Going Postal

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
And that's not my house .
I think that is supposed to be hlstriker's(aka clown) house where the script originated, not yours.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:12 AM   #158
Beetle
Beta than eva'

MAYBE, its another ploy to crash your server! Maybe he made that as a amxx mod version of his script. CONSPIRACY~~!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 02:40 AM   #159
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Postal
I think that is supposed to be hlstriker's(aka clown) house where the script originated, not yours.
The individual who it did belong to indirectly and politely asked me to remove it. So I did. We made our point.

Last edited by Scuzzy; 07-10-2007 at 02:51 AM.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:41 AM   #160
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
And, either Clowneh or Trojan is being fake. Its either Clowneh's conscience that got him to make a 'fix,' or Trojan that got him to make a 'fix.' Either way, ESAD in general is still being obviously fake to try to regain some dignity.
I don't understand what we are being fake about. Also, who said I was in ESAD @_@?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Postal
Maybe if there were about 500 more houses next to those few, then it would be my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle
MAYBE, its another ploy to crash your server! Maybe he made that as a amxx mod version of his script. CONSPIRACY~~!!!
I provided a link to the official AMXX website which contains the source to the fix.

Closed Thread