Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk View Post
I have a simple one, sorry if it was suggested already:
If the flag is being carried, some sort of notification who is carrying it. Obviously this is for your team only. Possibly a small flag icon on the score board near their name. I often find myself asking where the flag is or who has it and rarely get a response.
^^ I support that idea.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2009, 04:58 AM   #182
StrYdeR
FFapper

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via MSN to StrYdeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
^^ I support that idea.
Ill fap to that
StrYdeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #183
46 and 2
I am Redeye for anything.

Class/Position: Def NG
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: [TALOS]
I would like to see dispensers beep when a cloaked spy is near. I would like to see a bit more of a penalty for pyros who dont drop thier ammoz, but get emped 3 times.

I do not want to argue for the return of teles, but I would like somekind of buildable to replace the 2 I lost.I know its not tfc, but tfc is the only reason I play this game, because its a great extension of the game.

With spys, meds, and scouts owning my SG, I dont think giving me one more thing, even if it does nothing but sit there, and alert me when nme goes by. Thats what I used teles more for, was defense in my base.

If hw, and pyros are not gonna be as vulnerable to emps, maybe you can have the emps do other stuff, like make the hw stop spinning for a sec, or cause the pyros flame to sputter out for a sec or 2, enough to keep him from flying if you can hit him.Give sg armor.

Thats all I can think of now.Maybe I said something else in my other post in this thread, but Im not gonna go looking.
46 and 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #184
xks
Exceedingly Correct.

Class/Position: Variable
Gametype: QuakeLive CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46 and 2 View Post
I would like to see dispensers beep when a cloaked spy is near. I would like to see a bit more of a penalty for pyros who dont drop thier ammoz, but get emped 3 times.

I do not want to argue for the return of teles, but I would like somekind of buildable to replace the 2 I lost.I know its not tfc, but tfc is the only reason I play this game, because its a great extension of the game.

With spys, meds, and scouts owning my SG, I dont think giving me one more thing, even if it does nothing but sit there, and alert me when nme goes by. Thats what I used teles more for, was defense in my base.

If hw, and pyros are not gonna be as vulnerable to emps, maybe you can have the emps do other stuff, like make the hw stop spinning for a sec, or cause the pyros flame to sputter out for a sec or 2, enough to keep him from flying if you can hit him.Give sg armor.

Thats all I can think of now.Maybe I said something else in my other post in this thread, but Im not gonna go looking.
The logical thing would be for Emp's to disrupt the HUD in the same way a conc disrupts the aim. It's quite a simple change to make and it would give a little boost to the Emp without actually making it overpowered in the slightest. You could go for as little as corrupted visuals on the HUD, unreadable information etc. to as much as removing all of the HUD/crosshair for a small period.

As for the flag carrier information, this is something Quake has had for a long time and it's long overdue in a fortress game most definitely.

I don't care much for teleporters, it would be far better to have a more useful sentry gun than another metal hog that takes longer to build than it does to destroy.
xks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #185
46 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xks View Post
The logical thing would be for Emp's to disrupt the HUD in the same way a conc disrupts the aim. It's quite a simple change to make and it would give a little boost to the Emp without actually making it overpowered in the slightest. You could go for as little as corrupted visuals on the HUD, unreadable information etc. to as much as removing all of the HUD/crosshair for a small period.

As for the flag carrier information, this is something Quake has had for a long time and it's long overdue in a fortress game most definitely.

I don't care much for teleporters, it would be far better to have a more useful sentry gun than another metal hog that takes longer to build than it does to destroy.
I did not make my self clear, like I did in an early post here. I dont really care about getting teles back, I just want one more thing to build. I used to use the teles in my base, to tell me when spys, or nmes were going by it, or killing it w/e.

If I could build something in game that does nothing but sit there, and alert me to the fact an nme is near it, I can at least know the general direction of incoming. I actually only miss teles on one map, casbah, can we get a freakn teleport in our spwn to flag room?

Yea, why not have the emp give you status attacks, I mean, when Im spy gassed, my lvl 3 sg appears on my screen as a lvl 1, health and armor are all wacky, so why not.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #186
UpInSmoke

Engi need upgrades for sure, ... but a complete other issue:

Why do we need to vote for the next map while the actual map is still running?
I often miss the vote or am killed while standing still and voting ...
10 Years ago we had votemaps, a voting-process that came up after the actual map ended ... but that was 10 years ago and maybe ist possible anymore ....
UpInSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #187
xks
Exceedingly Correct.

Class/Position: Variable
Gametype: QuakeLive CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
46 and 2, I understand the need for the extra bit of kit to hint at where the enemies are approaching from, I too used the teleporters in such a way in TFC. I was referring to them being metal hogs that take longer to build than destroy because that's often what they are. With the speed the SG's drop in FF it's an even bigger challenge to keep the gun up as often as possible if that's the only thing you are focusing on. It would be practically impossible to continually rebuild a teleporter in another location as well.

UpInSmoke makes a good point, voting two minutes before the end seems silly, why not bring up the vote box at the end of the map whilst the scoreboard is on. Just leave the scoreboard on a little longer whilst everyone votes and everyone should be happier and able to vote. You could even have a little 'i' button next to each map on the vote box, giving a description or the loading image of the map before you vote for it. Many new players don't vote for anything they don't know and it would be nice to see what you are voting for if you don't know everything by name.
xks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #188
Tyrant
Beta Tester

Jumping air shots enabled for sniper rifle. I don't see a purpose not to have this.
Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #189
46 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xks View Post
46 and 2, I understand the need for the extra bit of kit to hint at where the enemies are approaching from, I too used the teleporters in such a way in TFC. I was referring to them being metal hogs that take longer to build than destroy because that's often what they are. With the speed the SG's drop in FF it's an even bigger challenge to keep the gun up as often as possible if that's the only thing you are focusing on. It would be practically impossible to continually rebuild a teleporter in another location as well.

UpInSmoke makes a good point, voting two minutes before the end seems silly, why not bring up the vote box at the end of the map whilst the scoreboard is on. Just leave the scoreboard on a little longer whilst everyone votes and everyone should be happier and able to vote. You could even have a little 'i' button next to each map on the vote box, giving a description or the loading image of the map before you vote for it. Many new players don't vote for anything they don't know and it would be nice to see what you are voting for if you don't know everything by name.

I need a health disp, same as the normal one, just only fills health slowly, I only need it to sit there, not be full of metal. 2 disp. I think someone suggested that in this thread.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #190
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
@46 and 2: We've talked about other buildables for Engy. We won't go into details here, but we've been having a discussion on something offense-oriented that would be an either-or prospect with the SG. That is, you could build the SG, or this new nonexistant buildable that would somehow be geared towards offense. The SG isn't really that good as an offensive weapon so something that could be used offensively would be cool IMO, but we'll have to wait for more important stuff to be done before we spend our very-limited resources on experimental stuff.

@Tyrant: The Sniper is indeed long overdue for an overhaul. The fact that you have to move slowly and stay grounded doesn't really fit into FF. We've had some good discussion about how to make the Sniper fit into FF better and I think we're heading in the right direction. One of the many gripes is not being able to jump and shoot - the revamped Sniper probably will be able to jump and shoot.

@Everyone who is reading this: When I say "The revamped Sniper", that doesn't mean we've done anything yet. Not one line of code about the Sniper has been changed. It's in the list of "Really cool shit we need to do after we get the important stuff done."

@xks: I like the idea of the EMP disrupting your HUD. I also agree that it's a bit underpowered right now. We basically changed the way it interacts with your ammo so it doesn't penalize the Pyro as much. One EMP killing a Pyro isn't fun for the Pyro, and three EMPs not killing the Pyro isn't fun for the Engy. Maybe we should go more towards two EMPS and everyone's happy?

@UpInSmoke: That is an issue with the SourceMod plugin for voting. A long time ago I advocated simply integrating a lot of the stuff in plugins that are used by practically everyone: Admin menus (instead of just RCON), voting (so we could do it between maps), etc. Buuut the devs at the time said "There's plugins that do that stuff already, it's not a priority". Maybe when we have more coders we could get around to doing cool shit like that, but right now Orange Box and various other sundry improvements take priority.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #191
phisheyes

Class/Position: medic O
Gametype: dustbowl
TF2 medic gun for medic and the old one for poisoning and the old one heals more but a new ranged one would stop medics getting hit by rockets while trying to heal some one
phisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #192
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisheyes View Post
TF2 medic gun for medic and the old one for poisoning and the old one heals more but a new ranged one would stop medics getting hit by rockets while trying to heal some one
Are you aware that you can right-click to instantly heal a teammate to 100% from a distance?
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #193
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoXideAtWork
Are you aware that you can right-click to instantly heal a teammate to 100% from a distance?
Only if your teammate isn't moving forward, which most are.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #194
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity View Post
Only if your teammate isn't moving forward, which most are.
I disagree. I bet I could hit you while you were doing your best to avoid it.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #195
46 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoXideAtWork View Post
I disagree. I bet I could hit you while you were doing your best to avoid it.
lol, when I read that, I thought, NEW game mode, suicide, where players run around hurting themselves on the map, and medics have to keep them alive. I can see it now.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #196
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46 and 2 View Post
lol, when I read that, I thought, NEW game mode, suicide, where players run around hurting themselves on the map, and medics have to keep them alive. I can see it now.
I love it!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #197
phisheyes

Class/Position: medic O
Gametype: dustbowl
i meant like a lazer than heals theam mates to 125% gradually and is of and stay back from a safe distance and somthing like uber charge witch dosent make them invunreble just take 20% damage
phisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #198
Brass
BABIES!

Class/Position: O
Affiliations: [FPS]
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via MSN to Brass
I seriously support the Medigun idea.
Brass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #199
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
The Medic should have a passive heal to all team-mates within a certain distance. Each team mate is healed for x% of their max health every five seconds. This should replace the thrown medkits. They suck.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #200
fishBurger
get off my lawn

Class/Position: O scout / demo
Gametype: killing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
The Medic should have a passive heal to all team-mates within a certain distance. Each team mate is healed for x% of their max health every five seconds. This should replace the thrown medkits. They suck.
This actually makes sense. I wouldn't necessarily replace the thrown medkits because they serve a purpose, but I like this idea.

I think this would help hunted quite a bit.