Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 10-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #61
Lt Llama

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogieman117
There are more conc maps then official releases. Conc maps seem to be flooding the custom servers.
I dont run a custom server, I run a conc server, and have been so for the last 2 years for TFC. I am here for concing. If people like it, thats fine, if they don't I don't care, I will run it anyway.

About j11: I agree it is not designed to be very user friendly, but landing in the middle of the hole is the key to not be teled back.
Lt Llama is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #62
Psychodog123

Quote:
Originally Posted by span
Glad you like it! I will create a ctf map when i have got the time.

Note: As you might have noticed the loadingscreen doesnt work correctily: can be fixed by doing this:
1. Open ff_charybda.vmt in folder "materials/vgui/loadingscreens/"
2. Change this line: "$basetexture" "vgui/loadingscreens/charybda" to "$basetexture" "vgui/loadingscreens/ff_charybda"

And the loadingscreen will work!
fixed the loading screen and uploaded it for my filefront.

http://files.filefront.com/ff+charyb.../fileinfo.html

another mirror
Psychodog123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2007, 09:40 PM   #63
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

In the last jump you have to get in to the first hole and press "s" while you are falling because there its a ramp that will push you foward but its not too big, then you will have to throw a conc under you to get into a roof with a radar and stuff.

ontopic: great map... i just wish it had a "big boss" jump.. i mean, the last jump should be a lot harder... but that`s just me.
GhostBuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #64
public_slots_free

You can make it without the conc but I am sure it helps.
public_slots_free is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2007, 09:45 PM   #65
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by public_slots_free
Yes i guess its possible, with the conc i went way too high.
Hey if you are a mapper and a concer too, you should consider making a hard-ass map.. like concmap_exist or something that goes beyond advanced skill.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #66
public_slots_free

Thats already been done. I am working on a new kind of conc map. *wink*

Old 10-09-2007, 10:03 PM   #67
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Quote:
Thats already been done. I am working on a new kind of conc map. *wink*
i wonder...

Still, i mean all the concmaps released for ff that im aware off (adam, adam2, charybda and concmap5) are kinda easy for those who conc since tfc so i was wishing if someone could make an expert or advanced+ map.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #68
Player
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
The jumps were too short and simple, but it was still a good map; well done!

EDIT: I hate the fact that anticonc has been enforced on all players; either open up another team for which concussion will be enabled, or make a button that, once pressed, applies anticonc to the individual player.

Last edited by Player; 10-09-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #69
public_slots_free

i love it

Old 10-10-2007, 08:18 AM   #70
Lt Llama

I posted demos of charybda and a conc tutorial here
Lt Llama is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #71
span

I know the jumps isnt very hard, but as i mentioned in the first post: this map is very much about design and, yes, not as much focus on the jumps as i could have. But thats the truth, and im sorry if those jumps arent hard enough for ya.

- Next concmap will be more difficult (i promise).

Next up wont be a concmap im affraid. But you will se more maps from me, even if you dont want
span is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 04:34 PM   #72
public_slots_free

There is a niche of people that like the super hard maps but if you want the most people to play your map, then you release one that isnt incredibly difficult. There is nothing wrong with this either because if you spend that much time mapping (which takes close to 50+ hours) then you want it to be played by the most people. Also, lets not forget that many people are new to FF and assuming that everyone already can do the easier jumps is bad for the conc servers, the players and the mod itself.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #73
Player
D&A Member

I don't have an issue with the jump difficulties as such, more an issue with the length of these jumps; they seemed fairly abrupt; maybe the later jumps could have been elaborated on or something.

Despite all of this it is still a good map!

(I have my own map to play if I want a challenge :P)

Old 10-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #74
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Well then, you mappers could make the maps have two roads, an easy one and a hard one... i know that it isnt easy to make maps but that way you could get more people to play your maps, if you make it too easy after wining it in 1 or 2 days top, they will forget about it, but if they get past the easy way, they will get stuck at the hard part (something smart would be to make the dificult of the jumps a little balanced, like 1-> a little hard 2 -> more hard, etc so they wont feel that they dont have a chance at the hard way, and the last one (of the hard) should be only expert at least).

Old 10-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #75
Player
D&A Member

That is something I am working on right now: an easy and hard course. You can start on j1 easy and do that and move on to the next, or do j1 AND j2, or, if you like do j1, j2, j3, j4, j5 AND j6 for the easy course; this can be applied to the hard course as well.

Sneak preview:

LOL

Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #76
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by span
I know the jumps isnt very hard, but as i mentioned in the first post: this map is very much about design and, yes, not as much focus on the jumps as i could have. But thats the truth, and im sorry if those jumps arent hard enough for ya.

- Next concmap will be more difficult (i promise).

Next up wont be a concmap im affraid. But you will se more maps from me, even if you dont want
Hey no problem, btw: the train part its pretty cool, and its the best-looking concmap fully released yet.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:17 PM   #77
TheWetMule

Send a message via MSN to TheWetMule Send a message via Skype™ to TheWetMule
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostBuster
Well then, you mappers could make the maps have two roads, an easy one and a hard one... i know that it isnt easy to make maps but that way you could get more people to play your maps, if you make it too easy after wining it in 1 or 2 days top, they will forget about it, but if they get past the easy way, they will get stuck at the hard part (something smart would be to make the dificult of the jumps a little balanced, like 1-> a little hard 2 -> more hard, etc so they wont feel that they dont have a chance at the hard way, and the last one (of the hard) should be only expert at least).

I used to make hard and easy courses on my maps for TFC and I will continue to do that, I feel it helps with the majority of people who play, I know good concers will occasionally go to the noob servers to chat and just y'know, kick back and relax for a bit, and have an easy and a hard side means once they've finished anally raping the easy side, they can have a challange or two
TheWetMule is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #78
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

Quote:
Hey can you upload a demo of this? Im trying to get by every jump with the less amount of concs possible but the last one with one conc... i just cant get a good boost with the ramp to get on the roof.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #79
public_slots_free

Well, out of about 10 pushes, i have done it once. The first time it happened I was in noclip mode to see what to do. I turned off noclip and landed in the hole and it flew me to the roof across. After that, I tried a bunch of times and it would miss a lot. Overall I have landed in the hole about 20x and only made it to the roof once (not counting the noclip one). Maybe I just got lucky but I do not want to do that jump anymore! (lol) Half the time I fly into the building, the other half i teleport back to the beginning of the jump.

Also, I am at work now and I get limited play time so I would rather spend it mapping or playing the new games (portal, E2) then try and demo a map I have already beaten. I might get to it eventually though (assuming i can ever do it again).

Old 10-11-2007, 05:42 PM   #80
span

Heh.. :P I have done this jump about 200 times during map creation, none of these times have i had any problems with teleports in that hole. I can on the other hand agree with your issue, and i know that at a cirtain angle you get teleported back.

I played this map most recent yesterday and could'nt get teleported back even tho i tried to. You must be doing the same misstake each time, aming for a buggy spot or something. Please, i'd like some new feedback if its possible and not only 100 precent focus on one bug at jump 11 thats actually not even a problem if you do it right, i can prove this by the fact that i hadn't even noticed this bug untill you started whining about it. :/

Again - Please, enough of jump 11, im very well aware of this now.
span is offline   Reply With Quote