Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Old 10-31-2010, 02:12 AM   #161
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
JackBauer, the Tournment idea was a cool thing, but it did more damage then help, before the tournment start there was a increase of pickups and stuff, with the dudes that here signed in, but then when people realized the tournment would fail, cuse no one was around to run it, and coicidence or not the euro pickup was killed.
zE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2010, 03:34 AM   #162
JackBauer

Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
well I hope I ain't responsible for the euro pickup megadeath.

on a serious note, I think this time we can really do it. it's winter, most peeps won't go outside when it gets dark and spend some time online, also a new patch could increase the amount of players.

I also think we have learnt from our mistakes and this time we can make it happen, if enough people are willing to play.

to come back to your statement zE, this tournament might decide FF's fate - either save it or kill it.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:28 AM   #163
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zE View Post
JackBauer, the Tournment idea was a cool thing, but it did more damage then help, before the tournment start there was a increase of pickups and stuff, with the dudes that here signed in, but then when people realized the tournment would fail, cuse no one was around to run it, and coicidence or not the euro pickup was killed.
No, euro pickup is dead because there are no players to play with. You can't go blaming the cup for that because there were mostly pub players in there.

Last edited by moosh; 10-31-2010 at 06:29 AM.
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #164
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
hey man not to be rude, but you kind of failed the last mission really badly. Anyone who would sign up for your bullshit tournament again would be pretty stupid. You should stop even talkin about tournaments imho.
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #165
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
It's a group effort. Blaming one person = umad
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #166
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
hey man not to be rude, but you kind of failed the last mission really badly. Anyone who would sign up for your bullshit tournament again would be pretty stupid. You should stop even talkin about tournaments imho.
He's already recognized the reason(s) it failed, and admitted to being part of the problem. In the colder months, it may have a chance to work. I didn't sign up the first time, because I knew I wouldn't be able to play. That may be the case for many people.

If you don't want to give it a shot, fine. Don't. But don't badmouth the idea, either.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2010, 03:54 AM   #167
JackBauer

Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
Quote:
Clans have failed, leagues have failed, the ff cup has failed. so what? what's the big deal? people always said it was gonna fail and that's what happened.

I can provide the schedules, servers, teams and so on, but at the end of the day the peeps have to play it. if they don't show up or appear to be MIA, then I can't do much about it.

I thought some players might be interested and it would be a good laugh. Sorry for trying to organize something, sorry for trying to bring some life into a dead game. in fact various guys were really looking forward to it. due the very small community, we needed everyone that had signed up. 5-10 players went inactive, died or just weren't around and that's something that broke the tournament's neck.

nobody forces anyone to join the tournament or even read my posts.

but being a patronizing bastard doesn't really help either.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #168
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

nope pretty sure you started a tournament organized it half way then went missing in action for the duration of the tournament but thats fine i expected that from homos like bridgets

Old 11-02-2010, 07:01 AM   #169
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Quote:
nope pretty sure you started a tournament organized it half way then went missing in action for the duration of the tournament but thats fine i expected that from homos like bridgets
Ironic coming from someone who helped actively destroy the community.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #170
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
Clans have failed, leagues have failed, the ff cup has failed. so what? what's the big deal? people always said it was gonna fail and that's what happened.

I can provide the schedules, servers, teams and so on, but at the end of the day the peeps have to play it. if they don't show up or appear to be MIA, then I can't do much about it.

I thought some players might be interested and it would be a good laugh. Sorry for trying to organize something, sorry for trying to bring some life into a dead game. in fact various guys were really looking forward to it. due the very small community, we needed everyone that had signed up. 5-10 players went inactive, died or just weren't around and that's something that broke the tournament's neck.

nobody forces anyone to join the tournament or even read my posts.

but being a patronizing bastard doesn't really help either.
There's nothing wrong with trying it. Don't listen to the detractors... try it again. Who's to say it won't work with a new patch(2.42) and the influx of players that usually brings? It shouldn't take much to organize it, and as long as you follow through as much as you can, if it fails, so what? At least then it's not your fault.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2010, 06:46 AM   #171
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

lol actively destroying the community how? i still participate in ff pickups everyday and pubs also what have you done lately?

Old 11-03-2010, 06:53 AM   #172
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
You're part of the cancer that is killing the community (The pickup community in general). Terrible pickup admin, etc. And if I was able to play, I would, but I'm not able to, [edited*] I'm not the one who ruins pickups and scares away newcomers to the game. You are, bro.

User received an infraction for this post

Last edited by GeoKill----->; 11-03-2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: flaming
GenghisTron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2010, 07:05 AM   #173
Bridget
Banned

Don't sweat it, Jack. The success of a tournament requires a group effort. Churchmouth just doesn't understand that point. Fortunately for you, I can translate your point into pickupanese. Let's attempt to make communication.

add up bro add up bro come on add to the pickup don't be a faggot bro wow bro your conc aim is like so bad man like wow dude you are so bad at fortress forever hey guys you guys want to play pickups with the same guys all day long non-stop bro let's hit up a pub wow bro pyros are fucking gay I am so pro but I can't shoot a class that has to practically run at me to damage me bro add up don't be gay hey chef sup yeah ban bridget 'cause he's stylin' on me nah nah nah add up bro add up let's play a pickup on destroy on destroy vote 1 vote 2 vote 3 herp a derp a derp a derp a hurp durp ping pang OH GOD I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER <leadmine> yo don't run plank 'cause I can't deal with you </leadmine>

Old 11-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #174
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

so let me get this straight genghis, youre saying that if u could play you would be a part of the cancer thats destroying ff (the pickup community)? another thing i don't scare away newcomers but u can think whatever you want all day i cant change that. oh yeah how do i ruin pickups?

Last edited by CHURCHMOUTH; 11-03-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #175
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
me and exo may not see eye to eye on everything and throw rage at each other, but he's never said "God your conc aim sucks", it's more like "rice, don't be a fag, add"
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #176
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

I'm not the one who ruins pickups and scares away newcomers to the game. You are, bro.

you have any evidence of that or are you just pulling some shit out of thin air to try to prove the most pointless point in the history of points?

Old 11-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #177
aware
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
I'm not the one who ruins pickups and scares away newcomers to the game. You are, bro.

you have any evidence of that or are you just pulling some shit out of thin air to try to prove the most pointless point in the history of points?

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...95&postcount=1
aware is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #178
Bridget
Banned

In the past, ff.pickup members routinely joined the Talos server to troll our community. I think GT even has some logs where people planned it out before going ahead with it. After the fact, everyone complained that they were drunk or under some influence and that they didn't mean to do it. Usually, it would be fallacious to blame the entire (North American) pickup community off some of their members, but it seems to be a trend with them. Most of them are arrogant assholes who just talk shit constantly and drive the community apart or away. It's as if when TF2 came out, VALVe took the TFC community and shook them through the 'arrogant asshole' sieve. All the good players that fell through moved on to Team Fortress 2 and the remaining chunks of fail were brushed off into the Fortress Forever prospector's bucket.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #179
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
< story bout personal grudge against mah server >
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2010, 01:44 AM   #180
Bridget