Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 08-15-2005, 09:46 PM   #81
trepid_jesse
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Yeah, it's gonna be nice when the next patch gives points for blowin' up buildings and stuff like that.

The jeep/c4 combo, though, haha.. oh man that's great. I think people are more afraid of a jeep covered in c4 than they are of being knifed.

I was actually getting really tired of playing Karkand until I started just chasing people down in my c4-covered jeep.

Trepid, what?
trepid_jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2005, 10:44 PM   #82
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
i wonder if you can throw c4 in the air so it lands on you, then run in as a suicide bomber.... im gonna try that cos its cool

and yea i get rather fucked off at the fact i get NO POINTS for taking out the artillery/UAV/scanner.
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2005, 11:19 PM   #83
o_fizzle

i enjoy (trying to)snaggin a chopper for myself, flying over to their base asap
then, one by one as the respawn put C4 on their choppers/tanks/apcs

and blow them all to hell at once

ill be damned if that actually worked more than once
o_fizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2005, 12:01 AM   #84
trepid_jesse
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervaka
i wonder if you can throw c4 in the air so it lands on you, then run in as a suicide bomber.... im gonna try that cos its cool
haha, oh man, I was wondering the exact same thing earlier today, ok.. haha, seriously, did you read my mind when I was takin' a dump earlier?

Trepid, what?
trepid_jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2005, 12:03 AM   #85
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

no i read the inscription left on the bog roll after you flushed :p

Old 08-16-2005, 12:12 AM   #86
o_broodingdude

What would really be neat is if someone comes up with a Field Manual for neat tricks one could do.

What is incredibly fun is having a Support and an Engineer in the attack helicopters!

You almost never have to land on the carrier/airfield.
o_broodingdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2005, 12:22 AM   #87
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

one thing i just thought of.... WHERE ARE THE MORTARS???

id love to reign shit upon people without having to be commander. of course youd have to limit the range on it to about 500m, and do nowhere near the amount of damage an artillery shell does, just like a glorified grenade really. the grenade throws are pathetic, and ive never really got into the whole grenade launcher thing

Old 08-16-2005, 01:40 AM   #88
o_rest in piss

The grenade launcher is the cheapest weapon by far (also one of my favorites ). Morters would be very cool though. The game is already insane as is but morters just might make it scary crazy insane.
o_rest in piss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2005, 03:35 AM   #89
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

I love the GL. Its damage is a bit inconsistent at times, but it practically makes the assault class. I love killing an enemy, having a medic revive that player, and GLing them both at once

My favorite kill with the GL: I randomly fired it at an enemy Blackhawk that was all the way at a different cap point. I managed to hit the hawk, and kill a gunner
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2005, 05:14 AM   #90
o_balls

as commander, you can send supplies to your artillery to repair it if its been destroyed!
o_balls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2005, 11:16 PM   #91
o_broodingdude

Last night I shot 5 people in a row as Special Forces... was accused of hacking... I capped with my squad on the perimeter and I was constantly getting knife kills and using my silenced side-arm. I even blew up the guy in one of those missile launching turrets. I got something like 9 kills in a row, respawned by my squadleader and got 4 more before I finally got the flag to neutral so the squad could mop up. It was grand...was accused of hacking...

Then I shot some guy at a distance of 2 feet as support class. He lived... somehow... and had a bunch of people watching him... no one accused HIM of hacking... My gun overheated and he only fired once, and killed me. He still wasn't accused of hacking.

Then, that very same round, I came out on top of the server with 49 points, something like 4 Eng points, 10 support points and bunch of capture/neutralize points.
What I don't understand: How the heck does one hack, where do you get them and why? I thought by definition the act of hacking requires you to type code while broken in to a computer? I am so confused.

It's the whole reason I stopped playing counterstrike. I didn't understand how I could be accused of hacking because:
1. I wasn't... I don't even know the first thing about it
2. In all this VAC, Punkbuster and whatnot, there are people on the watch for this kind of behavior
3. Why always me? Is it because I make the right guesses and am able to level my mouse with a steady hand?
o_broodingdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2005, 11:33 PM   #92
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls
as commander, you can send supplies to your artillery to repair it if its been destroyed!
that should be fucking banned. people go to great lengths to destroy these, and they are back up at the click of a button. engineers should be sent. the people that destroy them should get credit for it too, not to mention the engineers that repair them if they dont already

Old 08-16-2005, 11:43 PM   #93
o_rest in piss

When I go spec ops and destroy the arty I usually wait for the resuply crate. Then you just refill and blow them again. It takes a little while till the commander drop another crate. And if he is dropping all of them on the arty and UAV thingy then he isnt supporting his armor and troops who need the crates.

I agree that spec ops should get points though. I think they said that the next patch wil fix that. We'll see.
o_rest in piss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2005, 03:08 AM   #94
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

The commander should have to get in the UAV trailer, and should thusly be killed when you blow it up And I agree that crates shouldn't auto-repair the comm's stuff. What are they dropping in those crates, anyway? My best guess is midget-engineers.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2005, 07:24 AM   #95
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

Hehe I've been getting to grips with the GL as assault, too. It's pretty fucking deadly with a bit of practice -- you can potentially kill people at any range. Yesterday on the map with the mosque, there was a guy firing at me from miles, MILES away using the armoured truck with the top mounted gun. I hit him in the FACE with the GL when I could barely see him because he was so far away. I just popped up over the barrier, fired the GL and then went prone again.. 4 secs later, the kill confirm comes up. Eat grenade, bitch.

Also had an ace game on um, dragon valley, 64 player. We had our entire squad camping the point that is far north, with points to the east, north and west (the little point with the pier and a square wall running around a temple thingy). We had a support guy, a medic and a couple of anti-tank soldiers. I got 17 kills in a row on armour leaving the enemy bases on either side. Guiding anti-tank missiles against slow moving armour is fairly easy, but obviously it's a lot harder to hit fast-moving cars from miles away (still got a couple though when they stopped to take potshots ). Any time a heli came to hunt us down, we'd just go prone and he couldn't get close enough to kill us with his rockets, then we'd pop up and rape the heli with anti-tank fire the moment he started to stay still. Awesome fun.

Hah and Jesse & Jon can't laugh at me anymore, as I've learned to fly!

Old 08-17-2005, 09:15 AM   #96
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

theres still an artform to dropping bombs :/

Old 08-17-2005, 09:45 AM   #97
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

I can't fly the planes for shit, but I can haul ass in a chopper now

Old 08-17-2005, 10:09 AM   #98
o_fresh

it helps to have a joy stick, it switched to joinstick when you jump in a plane, it improves your flying tenfold.
o_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2005, 11:18 AM   #99
o_salty milkshake

Yeah I'm seriously considering buying a flightstick and spending a couple of days on my own on a LAN.

I hate getting owned by the pesky flying beasties! If you can't beat em...
o_salty milkshake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2005, 01:36 PM   #100
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

i play F-15 gunner whenever i can, and ask a competent pilot to dive bomb the tanks. those anti tank missiles are deadly