Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Other Games

Old 03-13-2011, 05:19 AM   #41
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Well, you have to figure that Vladimir as he is NOW is balanced. On release, his spells did more damage, his passive gave more AP/health, he had shorter cooldowns, and pool was fucking ridiculous. People have finally realized that, yes, building massive mpen (mpen reds and quints, sorc boots, haunting guise for around 60+ mpen) early on to abuse his high base damage on Q forces enemies out of lane. Oh, you bought mercs and some other MR item? Too bad, 250 damage nuke at level 9 on 3 second cooldown, that also heals me and doesn't cost mana.

And building hourglass on him is another thing good vlads do. Pool, q a few more times, then hourglass as you get targetted. Pool should be back up once the hourglass effect fades, and by then your team should have cleaned up.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #42
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Affiliations: SRCDS.com
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I haven't seen much Vlad being played since the nerf.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #43
Raynian
D&A Member

I still get him fairly often, say in about a fifth of my ranked games. (~1600 elo)

Also, if you're looking for a fun champ to play that's really good...Swain. Go 9/21/0 and be unkillable in teamfights. Hilarious.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves

Old 03-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #44
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
I'm getting back into lol even for my hate of riot and I was just wondering if any of you have tried LoL Mod or League Tools? I'm sick of writing down item builds even though I memorize them after a few games. (Main focus of those is to change the recommended items)
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #45
Raynian
D&A Member

I would use them except you have to uninstall them each patch. Too much work...I'm hoping riot will just let us alter the recommended items in game, or maybe even do a "previous build" option. eg you go dring -> catalyst -> roa -> boots -> deathcap one game, it'll show up as the first few items in the next game.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #46
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

You can change them with hex coding, but they get overwritten every patch

Old 03-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #47
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
You're seriously that lazy? wow lol.

My build is like never the same from game to game, even with the same champ.

I choose my items and build order on the fly depending on what the enemy team comprised of, how they're playing, and how my team is playing.

I have an ideal build that I go for if everything is going smoothly, but rarely ever build to it.

It's actually one of my pet peeves that people build the same every game and can't compensate, especially when it's so blatantly clear what you need to build to have an easy victory (eg: enemy team is all AP, and nobody build's MR because it doesn't fit into their build, then wonder why they're dying soo fast, since AP generally is mostly burst damage).
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #48
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Oh no I do change depending on what the enemy is playing, but it's only 1 or 2 items.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #49
Hammock
D&A Member

Still, it sounds extremely lazy to me, soo much extra work outside the game to do what in the game? Not press a few navigational buttons?

I always have my next item qued up before I even recall back, or buy it after a death, I can see no actual time saved by changing the preferred items, which to me means it's a pure lazyness factor.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #50
Raynian
D&A Member

Well no shit, of course. But say I'm playing Veigar, my first few items will almost always be dring -> tear -> boots 1, and tear isn't on the item list. I usually queue up my items as I'm walking to lane.

But I do get what you mean. Playing against nocturne that has two bloodthirsters, an IE, LW, and other ASPD items, I -always- tell my team to get thornmails...and nobody does until like 30 minutes later. But then eventually it happens and we win because thornmail is legit.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #51
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

I have a problem of not getting tank items when playing my DPS... CDR/DPS Kayell is less intimidating then she falls in two hits...

Old 03-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #52
Raynian
D&A Member

Kayle is just unintimidating regardless, except maybe as a noob stomper. Nidalee does everything she does but better.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #53
Hammock
D&A Member

Unless the person playing Kayle actually know's how to play her, cause her ult is amazing when done right.

Too many Kayle players don't use her ult properly and not often enough. It's on a fairly short timer and can be used way more often than you see most players use it. Most people think it should only be used in the most perfect opportune moment, but it can be used way more than that.

I go back to my arguement that almost every class is viable when played by someone dedicated at learning the in's and out's of that class. Except for maybe the very top end players (maybe 1% of the community) every class is viable.

I've been raped by really good Kayle players, and I've completely ignored the champ in other games.

I had some guy invite me as a friend, cause I was Anivia mid and he was Nidalee mid. And I destroyed him, he missed every spear on me, I killed him atleast once, and sent him back a few times without basing myself.

But the guy didn't suck at playing her, we teamed up together and he was dominating other games, but against me he just failed, but I've been owned by Nidalee's before.

So everything is situational, you can be pro at a class and still be owned by someone, who might not nescessarily be a better player, just seems to do better against you.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:59 AM   #54
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
NERDS

Old 03-22-2011, 01:03 AM   #55
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
LET ME SHOW YOU MY POKEMANS, I HAVE A FIRST EDITION HOLOGRAPHIC DOUBLE-DICKED CHARIZARD IN MINT CONDITION IN A PROTECTOR SLEEVE WITH THE ZIP ZOP ZOOBITY BOP FLIP FLOP SHAMMA LAMMA DOO-WHOOP CREAM CHEESE AUSHWITZ.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #56
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
FFS Bridget. Tears... All I could think of was: "My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard..."

But dammit, now you fuckers have me wanting to try this game out... is there a demo I can grab?

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #57
Hammock
D&A Member

You can go to http://www.leagueoflegends.com download the game for free. There's a cycle of free champs you can always play.

If you're looking to just check the game out you can go to www.youtube.com and do a search for "League of Legends Champion spotlight"

They are official released videos of Riot's, to show people the skills, abilities and play style suggestions of the champions.

Other than that, no actual demo version of the game, since it's free.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:07 AM   #58
Raynian
D&A Member

Play the tutorials, do some co-op games and play different champs to learn them all out, and read some of the information they have (DotA and LoL, for instance...even if you never played Dota it's still somewhat helpful). If you've got questions, just ask 'em here or whatnot.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #59
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Join all the cool kids on mumble!

Old 03-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #60
Hammock
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
Play the tutorials, do some co-op games and play different champs to learn them all out, and read some of the information they have (DotA and LoL, for instance...even if you never played Dota it's still somewhat helpful). If you've got questions, just ask 'em here or whatnot.
Man I never even bothered with any practice games before playing, I just jumped right in, never played DotA either.

The biggest advice I can give to someone starting off fresh is to read this Language Guide.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=42052

Much of it is pretty straight forward but there's a few keywords more unique to this particular style of game.

I still remember my first game I was soraka, and I was healing my team mate in my lane, but kept dying, and he said "Don't feed". I was like to myself, "Feed what? You with Health?" So I stopped healing him for awhile, lol, thinking he didn't want the heals cause he had other strats going.