Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
BUT, DECALS!
I hear ya; fucking 1.0 decals man.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:48 AM   #162
Ostrich_Eggs

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Holy jesus guys... I never thought it would get this bad
I always thought this mod had one foot in the grave but now we're teabagging the dirt. With leagues dead the veterans don't have much of a reason to play anymore and with the game as is nubs don't stay long. The game needs a tutorial and some major PR changes (and no I'm not talking about 'tell your friends'). Either that or we forsake our beloved tfc gameplay for something more casual. and finally major gameplay changes will requires extreme testing, all of the balance worked out in the last patches would be completely destroy if we, say, reduce conc speed.

TLDR

T
U
T
O
R
I
A
L

Sorry to my e0 homeys out there. RL FTW

Old 05-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #163
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Its ok Ostrich We Shall be back one Day

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:

Old 05-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #164
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
Increase gamespeed 150% and advertise as the fastest teambased shooter on the market. There's our niche. And for the love of good, raise that skim cap to 2.0 levels.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #165
CaLeB-
Whitest Kid You Know
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
When I first played FF 1.0, I thought it was awesome. I didn't see many bugs. (I only crashed a few times.) But these back-and-forth changes through the patches are ridiculous. It reminds me of Blizzard when it comes to patching WoW.

Anyway, don't worry about FF. The staff is putting a lot of effort into this mod, and it should be soon that FF's popularity will get some-what up there again...

Old 05-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #166
RocKwell
Regular or Menthol?

Affiliations: :e0: .o`
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoXideAtWork View Post
Increase gamespeed 150% and advertise as the fastest teambased shooter on the market. There's our niche. And for the love of good, raise that skim cap to 2.0 levels.
Raise the skim cap AND increase speed to 150%? You won't be able to defend at all, and the only classes that will be worth a shit are scout, med, solly, and demo. Oh wait...

Old 05-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #167
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocKwell View Post
Raise the skim cap AND increase speed to 150%? You won't be able to defend at all, and the only classes that will be worth a shit are scout, med, solly, and demo. Oh wait...
Now you're getting the idea. They're already balanced, while the other classes cannot seem to find a happy medium between too powerful or not powerful enough. With the skimcap raised, and speed increased overall for ALL game functions, we can make all classes deadlier all around in order to compensate for the difficulty in hitting a target.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #168
Ostrich_Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaLeB- View Post
Anyway, don't worry about FF. The staff is putting a lot of effort into this mod, and it should be soon that FF's popularity will get some-what up there again...
You must be crazy. the same tactic of PR (tell your friends lolol) does not work and it hasn't worked for coming on 2 years. and don't tell me new players come every patch because they go just as quickly. Remember 2.0? How that was going to reverse our bad population luck? It netted us about 30 players for some very nice changes.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:53 PM   #169
CaLeB-
Whitest Kid You Know
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrich_Eggs View Post
You must be crazy. the same tactic of PR (tell your friends lolol) does not work and it hasn't worked for coming on 2 years. and don't tell me new players come every patch because they go just as quickly. Remember 2.0? How that was going to reverse our bad population luck? It netted us about 30 players for some very nice changes.
Wow, aren't you on the positive side. Those sentences did not contain enough detail for you to judge. I was basically saying there's going to be plans for advertising FF and its later patches in the near future (probably can't discuss it with you, so I won't bother...your confidence is hopeless anyway).

Old 05-22-2009, 01:49 AM   #170
Ostrich_Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaLeB- View Post
Wow, aren't you on the positive side. Those sentences did not contain enough detail for you to judge. I was basically saying there's going to be plans for advertising FF and its later patches in the near future (probably can't discuss it with you, so I won't bother...your confidence is hopeless anyway).
every attempt at advertising, from word of mouth, radio, magazines, websites, steam placement under mods etc has failed this great game. unless imhi is going to pull something out of his ass (that won't be a problem you loosey goosey) then I don't think it'll work. And how can you be positive with the state of the game?

Old 05-22-2009, 02:28 AM   #171
46 and 2
I am Redeye for anything.

Class/Position: Def NG
Affiliations: [TALOS]
Game is fine.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:01 AM   #172
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Quote:
every attempt at advertising, from word of mouth, radio, magazines, websites, steam placement under mods etc has failed this great game. unless imhi is going to pull something out of his ass (that won't be a problem you loosey goosey) then I don't think it'll work. And how can you be positive with the state of the game?
Oh don't be so negative. I'm sure once this goes to Orange Box and gets on Steamworks you'll see a SURGE of players for 2 weeks at least.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #173
Spanky
Der Newb

Send a message via AIM to Spanky
while I haven't played FF in a while (i miss aardvark though), it sort of looks like Valve just made alot of TF2 vets angry with their new drop system for weapons. Now may be a good time to try and grab the people who are REALLY pissed at TF2 right now.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #174
Sh4x
Retired FF Staff

TF2 and FF are so different in terms of gameplay right now, I don't think it's possible that someone gets angry at Valve and decides to play FF because of that. FF or any other game would be the same imo.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:25 PM   #175
CaLeB-
Whitest Kid You Know
Beta Tester

Quote:
You're much more negative than I am positive. Let's sum this up for you. Too much bitching, and cut the drama.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #176
Ostrich_Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity View Post
Oh don't be so negative. I'm sure once this goes to Orange Box and gets on Steamworks you'll see a SURGE of players for 2 weeks at least.
I am being negative, but for a good reason. The leagues are dead which means no competitive play outside of pickups and a surge without a tutorial will just make the players that come into the game leave in frustration. I don't see how you guys can be positive in this time of straits.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #177
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
fyi tutorial is being worked on and is showing some really great progress.
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit

Old 05-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #178
Lateralols`
You're stumbling a little.

Affiliations: mimic.
fyi skanky is a fag

Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #179
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
fyi lat...
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit

Old 05-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #180
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Quote:
I am being negative, but for a good reason. The leagues are dead which means no competitive play outside of pickups and a surge without a tutorial will just make the players that come into the game leave in frustration. I don't see how you guys can be positive in this time of straits.
I was joking dude, basically a short surge then stagnation is exactly what I think would happen to the mod making the steamworks transition in its current state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss
fyi tutorial is being worked on and is showing some really great progress.
I think that's actually only a small part of the problem. I would stick with a game that was immediately fun to play, but had a learning curve over one that was easy to understand, but I didn't like the gameplay to. I think there's a substantial amount of changes that need to be made to some of the classes and map focus before I think it will bring in new players and retain them. Based on maybe 90% of the changes that have been made since 1.1 and future plans stated for the mod, I don't think that's ever going to happen.

Closed Thread