Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-23-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
o_nahob

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Conc Jumping in Gmod10

Me and my friend made a conc jumping game mode for gmod10.

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=286572

It is a little different than TFC concing, so you'll have to adjust. Currently there is only 2 maps: conc_school and conc_example. I just thought I would bring this to a community that actually knows what concing is.
o_nahob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
o_swampthing360

good work.. seems cool..is there an actual effect of the conc (the wave) or do u gotta kinda guess?
o_swampthing360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
o_ivaqual

excellent ! i had the idea of a mod like this for a long time but didn't have the skills to do it
o_ivaqual is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2007, 07:43 PM   #4
o_paranoidkirb

Doesn't seem like you can HH though.
o_paranoidkirb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2007, 08:16 PM   #5
o_sta_sirtiger

Congrats, but without HH, it makes it () boring. Seems pretty neat, although I don't see the purpose of mini mods like these.
o_sta_sirtiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2007, 11:59 PM   #6
o_nahob

By HH I think you mean keep in hand while it explodes. Yeah It pushes you down now. But you can keep nades in your hand and let them go immediately before exploding. That what I used to do the very last jump on conc_example.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:19 AM   #7
o_zsilver_fox

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Looks like they're a little strong... but I may give it a try.
o_zsilver_fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2007, 04:03 AM   #8
o_agret

Hmm it's alright I guess but it really serves no purpose, why not just conc on TFC? Ah well good work on the mod anyway, at least you can use it to jump useless physics objects and yeah they look pretty strong...
o_agret is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2007, 04:36 AM   #9
o_psycnet

Dear god is every thread in the general forum met with:

"Hi! We're elitist TF assholes who pretend we are the king shit at everything and belittle those who do cool stuff or have fun ideas and propose them to community! You can often find us raping babies, killing the elderly, and burning christmas trees!"

Fun mod tho. Had a good hour of crazyness
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2007, 05:46 AM   #10
o_nodnarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahob
Me and my friend made a conc jumping game mode for gmod10.

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=286572

It is a little different than TFC concing, so you'll have to adjust. Currently there is only 2 maps: conc_school and conc_example. I just thought I would bring this to a community that actually knows what concing is.
I had fun with this although i was having problems getting use to it. Good job!
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2007, 06:02 AM   #11
o_sta_sirtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT
Dear god is every thread in the general forum met with:

"Hi! We're elitist TF assholes who pretend we are the king shit at everything and belittle those who do cool stuff or have fun ideas and propose them to community! You can often find us raping babies, killing the elderly, and burning christmas trees!"

Fun mod tho. Had a good hour of crazyness
Yes master.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:17 AM   #12
o_agret

Spawn that huge chimney from HL2 and try and conc over it
o_agret is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #13
o_nahob

Im beginning to think none of you even tried the gamemode. Spawning props is disabled in the game, since people would build bridges to their advantage. FYI, the jump at the end of the conc_example map that was released is taller than the chimney itself, and with 3 concs you can make it to the top. Also, I'm making 13 maps, for those of you that didnt see the post I'll list them here.

1. conc_race (conc map with 2 identical courses, with color changes)
2. conc_map1 (original conc_map)
3. conc_map2 (original conc_map)
4. concmap_r (remake)
5. conc_spiral (some surfing required)
6. conc_2datop (no portals, one ultimate goal)
7. conc_rifk (confusing jumps)
8. conc_cccombobreaker (extreme hard)
9. conc_technique (original jumps)
10. conc_funpark (short, hard course - amazing ending)
11. conc_hl2 (halflife2 map bits turned into conc courses)
12. conc_explosion (conc map, which will in turn be a race to the end. At the end there is a small lounge with a button that drops a nuke on anyone outside of the lounge.)
13. This is a secret.

If anyone would want to help make concmaps I would really be interested. Contact me on MSN at boris@datadyne-co.com

Last edited by o_nahob; 02-24-2007 at 06:01 PM.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:13 AM   #14
o_sta_sirtiger

Alright..........here goes Sir....Tiger

Well, good luck with that. However, I have a question, your honor. Can I ask: Why are you doing such project? I don't really see the purpose of the mod...besides the waste of your time (except for the mapping part...I'll explain why). I can't see how this will be any popular in Gmod, and I see it completely useless. Instead, I suggest you semi-kill the project and go with another direction. You can possibly wait for FF to be released (which is very very soon I sense...) and then start mapping concmaps for the game. Here, people will actually be rewarded with skills once they play and complete the concmaps, boosting their concing skills for real gameplay. In Gmod, such skill will be a waste, serving no real purpose, and not accurate for TFC/FF/"Insert TF Mod Here." Taking on a huge list on yourself (although you didn't ask for help...claiming the original author's work [concmap_r] without asking permission) won't happen, unless you go with the "non detailed maps," which is not acceptable by the bitchy FF community. Like I said, wait for the mod to released, then start mapping one/two maps at a time, once you feel you are highly/mid experienced with mapping (be creative and artisitc!). Please don't take this as a negative post, I'm just trying to persuade you to take another direction instead. Hopefully, for the benefit of all, you follow into the ---right---> direction; after all, it is a win-win situation.

edit:
I actually believe concmap_r is almost completely mapped by someone around here...

Last edited by o_sta_sirtiger; 02-25-2007 at 03:20 AM.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:52 AM   #15
o_fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by STA_SirTiger
You can possibly wait for FF to be released (which is very very soon I sense...)
Lololololololol.
o_fail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2007, 04:13 AM   #16
iMpi

I gotta say this mod is pretty fun. We'll have to play multiplayer sometime on it.
iMpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #17
allisvoid
what is tfc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_sta_sirtiger
Well, good luck with that. However, I have a question, your honor. Can I ask: Why are you doing such project? I don't really see the purpose of the mod...besides the waste of your time (except for the mapping part...I'll explain why). I can't see how this will be any popular in Gmod, and I see it completely useless. Instead, I suggest you semi-kill the project and go with another direction. You can possibly wait for FF to be released (which is very very soon I sense...) and then start mapping concmaps for the game. Here, people will actually be rewarded with skills once they play and complete the concmaps, boosting their concing skills for real gameplay. In Gmod, such skill will be a waste, serving no real purpose, and not accurate for TFC/FF/"Insert TF Mod Here." Taking on a huge list on yourself (although you didn't ask for help...claiming the original author's work [concmap_r] without asking permission) won't happen, unless you go with the "non detailed maps," which is not acceptable by the bitchy FF community. Like I said, wait for the mod to released, then start mapping one/two maps at a time, once you feel you are highly/mid experienced with mapping (be creative and artisitc!). Please don't take this as a negative post, I'm just trying to persuade you to take another direction instead. Hopefully, for the benefit of all, you follow into the ---right---> direction; after all, it is a win-win situation.

edit:
I actually believe concmap_r is almost completely mapped by someone around here...
um, maybe he wants to do it for personal enjoyment? experience? for exampe i am making a flash site simply to learn flash. im not going to make it public or make any money from it. maybe he wants a gmod game like that and there isnt one so he is making it? just maybe.
allisvoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #18
nodnarb

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisvoid
um, maybe he wants to do it for personal enjoyment? experience? for exampe i am making a flash site simply to learn flash. im not going to make it public or make any money from it. maybe he wants a gmod game like that and there isnt one so he is making it? just maybe.
no...that would make to much sense
nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #19
allisvoid
what is tfc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnarb
no...that would make to much sense
aw =(
allisvoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #20