Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 02-06-2007, 11:16 PM   #81
o_soundchaser

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR
But please, please, read what I've been writing since the very start of this thread. I've already stated, a million times!, that there've been global variations in temperatures from the get-go! It's what I've been saying all along. I said it over a year ago in a thread just like this one! I don't know how many times I'm going to have to explain it, but please at least just read a few posts back, at the very least.
yes....i agree. It's all about the Earth and the Sun that causes this "global warming".
o_soundchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2007, 11:51 PM   #82
o_uber

Do as you wish.
o_uber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2007, 12:45 AM   #83
o_jinx

Scroll down and watch the "Second Opinion" Word clip, was great:

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...rt/index.jhtml

I'm really not much for debating this any more, just sharing some silliness. This discussion is no longer rational. I just wish we had several hundred scientists from around the world to help us straighten it out... but... that will probably never happen... *sigh*

Last edited by o_jinx; 02-07-2007 at 12:58 AM.
o_jinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2007, 06:44 AM   #84
o_uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx
I just wish we had several hundred scientists from around the world to help us straighten it out... but... that will probably never happen... *sigh*
You mean the thousands of scientists, of course all liberal, at the IPCC, the G8, the U.S. NRC, the AMS, and Bush's Federal Climate Change Science Program?

Old 02-07-2007, 06:57 AM   #85
o_jinx

Maybe the fact that scientists and academics tend to be overwhelmingly liberal should tell you something.

You know what I hate about this board? No one bothers to give their age or location. Or educational level, for that matter. I could be talking to 12-year olds for all I know. It certainly feels like it half the time.

I am done with this shit. You people aren't worth my time. Have fun. I know I haven't.

Last edited by o_jinx; 02-07-2007 at 07:15 AM.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #86
o_binarylife

I just watched that Colbert Report the other day it's histericle. But also makes a good point.

SoundChaser, it seems, from my point of view at the least, that you're ignoring the facts they've brought to the board. The fact is that the climate does experience climate changes outside of human control or influence. You're right to say that.

However, the definition of global warming, as it's being used here on the board is different than that. The definition here directly implies human interfereance. The facts that have been supplied by you're oposition are actualy correct. You haven't touched on those facts, which conerncs me. You have a point, but you aren't acknowledging their points.

Forget about my opinion of the matter, this is just bad debating. When you pretend as if the people who disagree with you aren't talking you make yourself look as if you're wrong. If you touch on their points and show why it is that you disagree then the debate can continue and we all cna learn something.

My opinion is that humans do impact the enviornment. How great that impact is I honestly don't know. But it doesn't matter, if we can do something to make the place we live in a better place then why the hell not? That's like not caring if you live in a room filled with carbon dioxide and you're own urine. Everything goes somewhere and the world is a big place. Eventually, however, it's going to come back to us.

And to Jinx's responce I'll at least point out I'm 21 living in PA and in college.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #87
o_uber

Quote:
Maybe the fact that scientists and academics tend to be overwhelmingly liberal should tell you something.

You know what I hate about this board? No one bothers to give their age or location. Or educational level, for that matter. I could be talking to 12-year olds for all I know. It certainly feels like it half the time.

I am done with this shit. You people aren't worth my time. Have fun. I know I haven't.
Who were you talking to, anyway?

Old 02-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #88
o_backstaber

Quote:

#1 reason I don't even debate here anymore. :P
o_backstaber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2007, 11:26 PM   #89
o_soundchaser

Quote:

I live in New Hampshire which is in The UNITED STATES of AMERICA which RULES the world contrary to what many people outside of the U.S. says and thinks.

That's the beauty of the Internet. It's still the wild west where anonymity
rules (as long as you use a l337 proxy system/connections).

About the Global Warming thing. It has escalated to the point of Religion.
You can't tell one group they're wrong.
Same with hardcore Conservatives VS Liberals, one group always THINKS they're right no matter what.

Can a Hindu tell a Muslim that they're religion is all wrong and they should convert? Sure they can but that Muslim will probably turn around and push the button and then everybody gets "blowed" up.

Good to see you liberal lovers getting your panties in a bunch when I mention the word "liberal" to knock down the IQ level of your inbred ways.....OUCH!

Words associated with Liberal.
Welfare.
Foodstamps.
Free Medical care.
Redistribution of wealth.(Taking from the haves and giving it to the have nots(welfare). Now there's a real clever idea...(stupid))
Keeping a flawed Social Security Program and thinking that it will continue forever (stupid).
Allowing all illegal aliens FREE access to American welfare-resources and then have those same illegal aliens spit in our faces.
Massachutsetts and the Big Dig. A huge scam and it's falling apart. Why?? Liberals built it.
etc.
Yea...being a liberal is sooo fun!! Isn't it great!!!???

Last edited by o_soundchaser; 02-07-2007 at 11:56 PM.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #90
o_uber

You still haven't addressed any of the points.

I'm sad you even associate yourself with America. Or even conservatism for that matter.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:50 AM   #91
o_jinx

Corporations rule the world, soundchaser, we all know that Right now, the US isn't ruling shit. We can't even get Iraq under control; we went in to show how tough we were, and now we look like incompetent doofs. Not to mention our military is so strained that we couldn't support actions elsewhere if they were needed.

I'm proud to be a liberal. I'm annoyed that you misrepresent and misunderstand our perspectives. I believe there can be a balance between free-market economics and individual gain and wealth, and giving the less fortunate the basic opportunities for advancement and happiness they deserve. "All men are born equal" means that we are born with equal rights- you'd have to be an idiot to think we are born with equal opportunities. Making sure every child, no matter how poor their parents are, has access to basic education, health care, and post-school jobs is hardly a radical, far-left concept. Nor is the idea that anyone working 40 hours a week should be able to survive on their income, regardless of the job. Achieving these things would be something for America to be proud of, and wouldn't conflict with the ability of more ambitious individuals to gain wealth and power. The point is that America should take care of its citizens, and give them opportunities- not throw them in the deep end, and blame them if they drown.

Still, think the labels "conservative" and "liberal" are limiting. They, like the two-party system, bunch together a lot of issues under one label that should be thought of individually in a more rational way- rather than in a polarized manner, or as a group of beliefs you have to take as a whole rather than a-la-carte.

For example, I tend toward the conservative end when it comes to abortion and would like it limited to very early in the pregnancy. Which side represents my view on the issue, though? Neither, they are all or nothing.

I think the real lie is that liberal and conservative values are always necessarily opposed. Our society was founded on a compromise between the two, and there is no reason we can't continue to find a middle ground.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:04 AM   #92
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Pretty far afield for a thread on Global Warming don't you think? Honestly, the name-calling hardly allows for discussion (not aimed at you Jinx). I can find examples of people on either side of the Liberal/Conservative split that take various positions on Global Warming. Fact of the matter is you can have two people examine the same information and reach different conclusions. So, yeah, call me Capt Obvious.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 02:35 AM   #93
o_uber

Quote:
Blaaah
Check this out. Don't enter your e-mail, just hit next at the top. Start with the tutorial.

It's definitely not 100%, but at least you can get a perspective how libertarians and communitarians (me, mostly) think.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:10 AM   #94
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Political Compass is a good one too.
I did it in High School and my views were like Gandhi.

Who knows if my views change.
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #95
o_binarylife

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundchaser
I live in New Hampshire which is in The UNITED STATES of AMERICA which RULES the world contrary to what many people outside of the U.S. says and thinks.

That's the beauty of the Internet. It's still the wild west where anonymity
rules (as long as you use a l337 proxy system/connections).

About the Global Warming thing. It has escalated to the point of Religion.
You can't tell one group they're wrong.
Same with hardcore Conservatives VS Liberals, one group always THINKS they're right no matter what.

Can a Hindu tell a Muslim that they're religion is all wrong and they should convert? Sure they can but that Muslim will probably turn around and push the button and then everybody gets "blowed" up.

Good to see you liberal lovers getting your panties in a bunch when I mention the word "liberal" to knock down the IQ level of your inbred ways.....OUCH!

Words associated with Liberal.
Welfare.
Foodstamps.
Free Medical care.
Redistribution of wealth.(Taking from the haves and giving it to the have nots(welfare). Now there's a real clever idea...(stupid))
Keeping a flawed Social Security Program and thinking that it will continue forever (stupid).
Allowing all illegal aliens FREE access to American welfare-resources and then have those same illegal aliens spit in our faces.
Massachutsetts and the Big Dig. A huge scam and it's falling apart. Why?? Liberals built it.
etc.
Yea...being a liberal is sooo fun!! Isn't it great!!!???
First, I also live in the US, PA, and know that it does not rule the world. In fact, it's going in a really bad direction right now. You're inability to see that means there are certain elements of history you're unaware of. Or you lack the ability to connect the two segments of knowledge. I'm gonna say you're still in high school. That you just did too many drugs during high school and forgot all those important details.

Look man you still haven't acknowledged the points made to the contrary. You're avoidence of them is becoming an admission of the fact that you're wrong. You wont confront them, and explain why they are wrong, is that because you can't? Or don't know how? Throw some fact at us, let us learn why you think the way you do.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 10:54 PM   #96
o_soundchaser

GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX!!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ming+is+a+hoax

And everybody knows the U.S.A. ownz EVERYBODY except China, they own
the Universe.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:06 AM   #97
o_uber

Don't feed the troll. Oh wait, I just did.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:35 AM   #98
o_yomamashouse

Unfortunately it doesn't take much to set a troll off.
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2007, 01:28 AM   #99
o_()))crayola))_>

Especially when they're stupid.
o_()))crayola))_> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2007, 05:45 AM   #100
o_zsilver_fox

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Soundchaser gets a cookie for funniest troll ever.
o_zsilver_fox is offline   Reply With Quote