Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Infamous? Is it worth a shit? I've been looking at that, looked badass.
I really like it. good story, very fun gameplay, cool powers to use and upgrade (and powers upgrade differently depending on if you choose to play like a good guy or a bad guy), great looking city and overall graphics, and some awesome sound and music. the main complaints about it are that once you beat the game, theres not really that much to do in the open world except collect hidden items and complete side missions (if you didnt complete them during the story) and that although you can play as good or evil, your choice doesnt affect the majority of the story, just how npcs interact with you and how the city looks (and how your powers get upgraded). those complaints aside, i really liked it and have beaten it twice and am still playing it
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #22
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Affiliations: SRCDS.com
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xks View Post
http://braid-game.com/

It's £6.99 on Steam (in England) so I guess it will be $9.99 on Steam in America, well worth the money.
It's $14.95 (USD) on all the sites they list (Steam included).

Old 07-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #23
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
Quote:
Hey, that looks pretty damned neat. Is it full of stupidly hard jumps like Mega Man 2 or just normally hard ones? I've learned that in my old age I hate side scrolling games that love to have that one block just barely out of reach.
If you miss a jump you can just rewind to one second before and try again. You do the same thing if you die. It's impossible to lose.

The challenge is keeping your brain from melting while you figure out what to do to solve each puzzle.
Crazycarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2009, 02:40 AM   #24
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
UFC 2009 UNDISPUTED!!!!
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2009, 09:42 AM   #25
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
PC:
Fallout 2 & 3
Empire: Total War
Grand Theft Auto IV
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade & Soulstorm

PS3:
Grand Theft Auto IV (playing this game on my ps3 for two reasons, friend always online, and to find
spot on the map.)

Plus I haven't even beat GTA IV yet, I have it for my 360 too, but I'm only 50% in - for some reason I stopped, but now on my PS3 I'm further, so I'm going to try to beat it this time.

Last edited by Everything; 07-23-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Everything is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #26
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
I never finished the last mission in GTA IV. I hated that I had to go through another 20 minutes worth of shit if I happened to miss a jump on that shit ass motorcycle. But I never tried it online. Is it coop or just vs with all the city in between for death and mayhem?

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #27
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

It has its co-op, and other gamemodes, like regular team deathmatch, races, cops and robbers, and what not.

I hated the last mission so bad, I had to do it 4 times. First I didn't go up the ramp fast enough so I landed in the water, second time, I totally missed the ramp, and drove into the rocks, third time I managed to get onto the helicopter but I was shot down by the rpg in one shot, finally got it the fourth time.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:02 AM   #28
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Thats three more tries than I care to put into it. I attempted it the first time, thinking it'd be cool, chase the dude down, put a rocket into his ass while he drives the boat away. Nope, doesn't happen, he's immune, that fag, so I hop on the bike and miss the jump. Tried again a few weeks later, get the bike going, hit the jump, too slow, go for a swim. Haven't bothered since. I wish there were lots of shit to buy like in Vice City. Didn't have a chance to play SA though I've seen it's got its own brand of fun.

You are a pirate!

Old 07-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #29
be_

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Currently not playing anything except Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. I don't really like it, but it's still fun sometimes. Is that weird?

Other than that, I'm in kind of a lull myself, but I would definitely recommend Fallout 3 and Mass Effect if you haven't tried them yet. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is another favorite. Awesome mix of action and role play in a modern gothic underworld scene.
be_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #30
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
I've been in a lull lately too. Weird. Waiting for a few choice games coming out in a few months. Like Borderlands.

In the mean time, I'm renting games from Gamefly and playing them. At the moment I'm playing Sacred 2. I just got done with RE5. Getting GTA4 or BlazBlue soon, although I think GTA4 is the most likely to get shipped.

I'm thinking on buying Skate 2. Rented it, loved it, made a movie, think I should buy it and get the video creation stuff.

I've also started up L4D again. It's pretty fun. Been fiddling around in Hammer making a map and toying around in it, seeing what kind of situations I can create. Pretty interesting.

I tried getting back in to Oblivion and Fallout but they're just boring. They both suffer from the exact same problems and that is variety. There are essentially five types of places in both games. It's surprising that these games excel in popularity while a game that had similar problems (Hellgate) goes under =\.

Of course, all three have fun gameplay. It's just that when I'm staring at the same thing for 15+ hours I don't really want to stare at it any more.

I ramble.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #31
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

I really got into Morrowind but I can't make myself feel the same way about Oblivion.

As for Fallout 3, I can agree about the monotony catching up with you. The world is my favorite part, but after I explore everything it starts to drag.

You are a pirate!

Old 07-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #32
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

I've just gotten back into the total war games. I loved RTW, and M2:TW, but that was back then when my PC was shitty. Now I've upgraded.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #33
be_

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
I got bored with Fallout3 on the first play. Went back to it and got hooked. It may have been the difficulty setting which I turned down. :/ It wasn't super hard, but I couldn't stand seeing a guy get shot in the head and still fighting. I've seen a lot of mods online, so if you have the PC version, maybe that will spice things up.
be_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2009, 01:24 AM   #34
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

Class/Position: O/D D/O - For life or death
Gametype: 2fort Spectating Llama GD Ex. TALOS Sniper
Affiliations: FF God, The Yellow Brotherhood
Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
I am currently playing Tetris Worlds.........

It is the first Tetris based MMPRPG that I have helped design from my original conception.

Think about being able to pay $15/month to play a Tetris piece and go around with other Tetris pieces to form a solid line to make is disappear. The current yearly mod pack is coming soon for $60.

dh

Old 07-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #35
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Grand Theft Auto IV (playing this game on my ps3 for two reasons, friend always online, and to find this spot on the map.)
Heres a quick map for you to find it

LINK

It should be there, and if it is, youre welcome

Quote:
Thats three more tries than I care to put into it.
Bummer. I guess youll just have to wait a bit more until casual gaming completely takes over

Last edited by -=bingo-bango=-; 07-27-2009 at 08:26 AM.
-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #36
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=bingo-bango=- View Post
Bummer. I guess youll just have to wait a bit more until casual gaming completely takes over
LOLz, nice try kid.

So I finally finished Assassin's Creed, had it on the shelf since Christmas, thought I'd better knock it out before the sequel is released. Kind of a lack luster ending but I enjoyed the shit out of the rush to the last boss target. I got bored of being sneaky when I got through murdering the 3rd (I guess) target the stealthy way. Was hella fun just running through dozens of soldiers, leaving a trail of bodies as more joined the fray. Next I'll finish Dead Space.

How about DMC4? I played the shit out of the first one but this one kicks my ass something fierce. Gorgeous game though.

Hey Kenny, if you want another coop partner on GTA IV, I'll give it a shot, gman2200 is my PSN handle.

You are a pirate!

Old 07-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #37
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

I don't play GTA IV that much, but I'm getting RE5 soon, I ordered it on amazon yesterday.

I'll add you anyway if that's alright, I only have one friend, and he like suddenly stopped coming online on Steam and PSN. My PSN is 'Zombine_', so if you see that, it's me.

Last edited by Everything; 07-27-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:52 AM   #38
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Damn, that's another one I completely forgot about. RE2 was the last one I really had a chance to play and I really wanted to get 5 after I found out that it was coop.

You are a pirate!

Old 08-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #39
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
Quote:
LOLz, nice try kid.
well its true
-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #40
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Are you still here? Really, you're sweet, but I don't think its going to work out between us.

You are a pirate!