Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
o_uno

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Feel?

I just came across this mod, and it has got me kinda exited. I loved playing quakeworld tf however I absolutely hated TFC I did not like the nerfs that tfc brought about to many of the classes. I wanted to know what this mod was going to feel like, was it going to be more of a TFC feel with slow ass soldier rockets and no pipefighting demos. Or was it going to be a more fast paced qwtf feel with bunnyhoping fast rockets pipefighting ect?
o_uno is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #2
o_lithium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hRUAxwidN4
o_lithium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
o_own3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by uNo
I just came across this mod, and it has got me kinda exited. I loved playing quakeworld tf however I absolutely hated TFC I did not like the nerfs that tfc brought about to many of the classes. I wanted to know what this mod was going to feel like, was it going to be more of a TFC feel with slow ass soldier rockets and no pipefighting demos. Or was it going to be a more fast paced qwtf feel with bunnyhoping fast rockets pipefighting ect?
I sure hope so having played both TFC and QWTF these are my thoughts:

In TFC the demo is basically only good for pipetraps and almost incapable of self defence with the stupidly long detonate delay. In TFC valve tried their best to get rid of the bunny hop so you can only do it with scripts or years of practice.
TFC is darn slow to the point of making you want to cry, the lack of bunny hopping is painfully apparent and the gameplay simply sucks in comparison. In TFC the rockets are easier to jump with they seem to have more power. The grenades in TFC are alot easier to use since by default they have a timer with bleeps in QWTF that has to be scripted somehow. Not sure if its because of the lack of a timer but concs in QWTF are alot harder to use they have a smaller radius but are alot more powerful if done right.

The FF team are basing this mod primarily on TFC so I hope they will learn from TFC's mistakes.
o_own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
o_skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Own3r
In TFC the demo is basically only good for pipetraps and almost incapable of self defence with the stupidly long detonate delay. In TFC valve tried their best to get rid of the bunny hop so you can only do it with scripts or years of practice.

Man, you're a fucking noob.
I mastered bhop with a few months, WITHOUT scripts.
AND, demomen still got the blue pipes you know? They're really useful to 1x1 situations (or even up to 1x4)
o_skull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
o_coalesce

ceiling cat is watching you masturbate.
o_coalesce is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 01:47 AM   #6
o_tu!

ETF sucks.
o_tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 03:35 AM   #7
o_agret

Well I don't know about the rest of the stuff but I can say that soldier rockets are faster for sure. It'll be interesting to see how FF and TF2 compare, maybe FF can be more fast paced like QWTF to appeal to the people who prefer fast gameplay. I think TF2 will probably be a lot like TFC. Only thing I know for sure is that Valve probably won't advertise FF through Steam, after all the mod is a competitor of sorts.
o_agret is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 10:48 AM   #8
o_rannibunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
ETF sucks.
But I didn't say anything yet!
Btw. You still have to say that it's bad because of the cartoonish look. The last few months kind of made that argument appear that much more... valid ^_^
o_rannibunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 11:04 AM   #9
o_agret

ETF is alright, it's 100% free =D

Old 02-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #10
o_nuk3m

they wont advertise because it is free.
o_nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 11:53 AM   #11
o_agret

Eh? Who won't? This isn't the advertisement thread?

Old 02-20-2007, 12:23 PM   #12
o_qui

Quote:
TFC is darn slow to the point of making you want to cry, the lack of bunny hopping is painfully apparent and the gameplay simply sucks in comparison.
The gameplay isnt slow in a clan situation, in which generally everyone can bhop. I dont really think the gameplay sucks, but each to thier own.

You could argue that public play can be slower due to less bhoppers, but FF are addressing that by making bhop more intuitive and by including a tutorial as to how to do it (afaik)
o_qui is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #13
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wn3r
In TFC the demo is basically only good for pipetraps and almost incapable of self defence with the stupidly long detonate delay.
I think the traditional response is something along the lines of : g3t s0m sk1llz n00b
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #14
o_rannibunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiM
I think the traditional response is something along the lines of : g3t s0m sk1llz n00b
Just try the original Team Fortress or something that's closer to it than TFC: harder, faster, harder, harder ^_^

TFC's demoman was a joke compared to the more aggressive demomen of QWTF or ETF... Therefore I want the Demo as close to TFC's as possible.
I don't like fighting, I like winning ^_^
o_rannibunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #15
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
He's good in a fight now, even in close quarters. His pipes just seem to bounce right now, I thought they were too energetic in TFC. I suck at using him but got a good load of kills on push last time I tested it. But shit, how can you not get a load of kills on push.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #16
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

When the detscript got popular in TFC, the Demoman became too powerful. If that's what the QWTF Demoman is like, well, no thanks
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #17
PHISH
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
ignorance is king in this thread...
PHISH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #18
o_kenny

Location: In a mall, hiding in a gunstore, while being surrounded by 53,594 zombies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
He's good in a fight now, even in close quarters. His pipes just seem to bounce right now, I thought they were too energetic in TFC. I suck at using him but got a good load of kills on push last time I tested it. But shit, how can you not get a load of kills on push.

Well, this could happen but it happened to me

" playing company of heroes, gets messaged by friend on steam a bunch of times, he tells me to join the game, he types in caps and is using !!!'s"
"i minimize coh, join the server its push, i start to play, i lag like fuck, and my mouse isn't functioning right, due to coh running, so i decide to fight it and play...... nope, the mouse is pissing me off. so i control alt delete, kill(end process)
of reliccoh.exe. tfc is minimized, so i click on it, then when i get back ingame, theres 1 minute and 7 seconds remaining and my death is higher then my kills,did i mention theres annoying bots on the other team? boy i suck at times"
o_kenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #19
o_psycnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHISH
ignorance is king in this forum...
Fixed
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2007, 04:50 AM   #20
o_agret

Kenny Why would you keep COH open when you start playing another game?