Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
The Chill

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
What this game is really lacking...

...is an advertising campaign.

I haven't played TF for a couple of thousand years, and TF2 leaves so much to be desired it's not even a contender, but FF is exactly what TF was meant to be. Unfortunately, there aren't many servers or players to completely and uttery pwn in ways they can't ever hope to comprehend. To fix that, we really should get the word out there.

A community-lead advertising campaign is what FF really, really needs.
The Chill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
When we move to the OB engine, the advertising will start.

Or at least that's what 'they' say.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Demasu
Official FF Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge View Post
When we move to the OB engine, the advertising will start.

Or at least that's what 'they' say.
We're also currently working on getting out to more gaming sites, or at least have a better relationship with them. Hopefully that'll help until the orange box conversion is out, and then we get the big advertising.

...and you wonder why I love doctors.
Demasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
check out the fortress media section, videos on youtube are excellent advertising tools.
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demasu View Post
We're also currently working on getting out to more gaming sites, or at least have a better relationship with them. Hopefully that'll help until the orange box conversion is out, and then we get the big advertising.
I posted a list of gaming forums in another thread and asked people to join. So far I have not seen anyone from the FF community show up on any of the forums I posted.

Korey and I started a team fortress and Fortress Forever fan site - and hardly anyone from here has signed up.

I see the lack of popularity as a result of the members not supporting each other.
~kev~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
46 and 2
I am Redeye for anything.

Class/Position: Def NG
Affiliations: [TALOS]
Is that not what this website is, for the most part?

You would have to be a fan of FF to read the fact you started another website, which seems counterproductive tbh.

I dont think its about people not wanting to be supportive, I just think people are lazy. I am included in that people. I think having one site for FF is a way to build a community, and develop S.O.P.

I understand your intentions, but having another site for me to log on, get to know, remember to go to, is probably not gonna work.

And having more than one website come up from google means that some people may miss the info on this site, which should be considered official.

I would say, if you wanna do work outside this website, to promote FF, maybe a campaign of spamming invites to the FF steam group, or something like that would work.

Just keeps things singular and easy.

What do I know.
46 and 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Solly,Engy
Gametype: ALL
46 and 2: I Agree with that keep it simple.
Also FF site doesn't have much on front page really, it serves its purpose i supose, but could add more tabs, with usefull links maybe? Could we even link FF steam group to front page maybe? But like 46 said, what do i know.
EquilibriuM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46 and 2 View Post
Is that not what this website is, for the most part?

You would have to be a fan of FF to read the fact you started another website, which seems counterproductive tbh.
The site Korey and I start is not "just" about FF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46 and 2 View Post
I understand your intentions, but having another site for me to log on, get to know, remember to go to, is probably not gonna work.

And having more than one website come up from google means that some people may miss the info on this site, which should be considered official.
Like I said, the site Korey and I started is not "just" about FF, its about all types of gaming. FF has its own section.

Before you post all of this about a forum being counterproductive, why dont you go take a look at it - http://www.fortresstraining.com/forum/

And then post your "opinion."
~kev~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #9
Demasu
Official FF Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoXideAtWork View Post
check out the fortress media section, videos on youtube are excellent advertising tools.
My most viewed video on youtube is the original Fortress-Forever dustbowl video, you know the one, that really old one. I'd be willing to host people's videos on my channel if people wanted, just to get that extra exposure. The more we get out there, the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
I posted a list of gaming forums in another thread and asked people to join. So far I have not seen anyone from the FF community show up on any of the forums I posted.

Korey and I started a team fortress and Fortress Forever fan site - and hardly anyone from here has signed up.

I see the lack of popularity as a result of the members not supporting each other.
What was that thread, I must have missed it. I'll also check to see if those are on the thread in the beta section.

...and you wonder why I love doctors.
Demasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #10
xks
Exceedingly Correct.

Class/Position: Variable
Gametype: QuakeLive CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I'm not sure it would be a good idea to advertise the game in it's current state. As enjoyable as the game is right now for myself and other experienced players, it's a very different beast for the newcomers and newcomers are what you will attract with any degree of exposure or advertising.
xks is offline   Reply With Quote