!nF3D4L
D&A Member

Class/Position: Offy ftw
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: ]NM[- `DIB5
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via MSN to !nF3D4L
so i got a new video carddd

and i finally played FF and i must say its pretty damn fun, more than i hoped for, i ll be playing instead of tfc from now on i must say

and i also played that tf2 game, its pretty bad
!nF3D4L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
Good for you.

My time soon.
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2008, 11:00 PM   #3
richard nixon

I don't see how anyone could say it's bad. It's very casual. Try not to play it with TF/TFC in mind. At first I hated that it had no grenades and the new way of playing attack defend maps, but it's different and still fun and challenging.

I hate the respawn time, but thank god there are servers that have instant and delayed respawn.

I still love FF but I the graphics isn't enough to keep me playing it. For 'true' tf experience I play TFC and for something different/casual I'll play TF2. That is until FF releases newer versions..
richard nixon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2008, 11:24 PM   #4
!nF3D4L
D&A Member

its just not my style its not thats its bad, i just find it boring

Old 03-30-2008, 11:43 PM   #5
betterschindt
Retired FF Staff

wow mr nixon, so your one of those guys who buy games based on graphics. nice to meet you, i knew people were superficial, but i never thought id meet one.

tf2 or ff or tfc, i dont care which one you like more, but dont go around knocking the graphics of a mod made by fans of a ten yr old game.

first time playing ff, i was like holy shit, tfc source! nice!
first time playing tf2, i was like whooooa. wtf happened here.
sure graphics are pretty, but id rather have gameplay any day.
betterschindt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2008, 12:13 AM   #6
Tsukasa

Class/Position: O
Affiliations: mimic-
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterschindt
wow mr nixon, so your one of those guys who buy games based on graphics. nice to meet you, i knew people were superficial, but i never thought id meet one.

tf2 or ff or tfc, i dont care which one you like more, but dont go around knocking the graphics of a mod made by fans of a ten yr old game.

first time playing ff, i was like holy shit, tfc source! nice!
first time playing tf2, i was like whooooa. wtf happened here.
sure graphics are pretty, but id rather have gameplay any day.
You obviously didn't read what he said. He said the graphics in FF aren't enough to keep him playing the mod, that he would rather play TFC as the gameplay is superior. GG.
Tsukasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2008, 12:28 AM   #7
tu!

i agree w/ nickson about ff models and animations.
tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2008, 01:19 AM   #8
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
Wow.....you gotta' be ONE picky sonofabitch to complain about FF's graphics... I mean, how in THE hell can the animation be any worse than TFC's?!? Maybe that's not what you're saying, but then how is the gameplay worse? Maybe you just only acknowledge greatness in terms of their current, or former popularity? It certainly seems like it...

The funny thing is when these graphics snobs use TF2 as an example of a game with great graphics, which doesn't try to look realistic. It'd be hard to call any Fortress style game/MOD realistic, but you can't knock FF's graphics using a game, that clearly went for a very specific asthetical look to it, as an example of a game that has better ones.

FF's graphics are great in many, many ways....and calling them poor just means you're a prick....especially if you didn't contribute anything towards them.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”"
- George Carlin
Peon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2008, 01:43 AM   #9
!nF3D4L
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peon
Wow.....you gotta' be ONE picky sonofabitch to complain about FF's graphics... I mean, how in THE hell can the animation be any worse than TFC's?!? Maybe that's not what you're saying, but then how is the gameplay worse? Maybe you just only acknowledge greatness in terms of their current, or former popularity? It certainly seems like it...

The funny thing is when these graphics snobs use TF2 as an example of a game with great graphics, which doesn't try to look realistic. It'd be hard to call any Fortress style game/MOD realistic, but you can't knock FF's graphics using a game, that clearly went for a very specific asthetical look to it, as an example of a game that has better ones.

FF's graphics are great in many, many ways....and calling them poor just means you're a prick....especially if you didn't contribute anything towards them.
+1

Old 03-31-2008, 02:35 AM   #10
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Quote:
Originally Posted by !nF3D4L
+1
seconded
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2008, 02:39 AM   #11
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
sure, maybe animations that are MISSING are bad, but the animations themselves are great, but i do wish the single shotty's animations showed a shell going into the barrel, but oh well

oh, and i actually think FF's gameplay is superior to TFC's, espeically the engy
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2008, 02:59 AM   #12
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Glad you made it to FF !nF3D4L.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:09 PM   #13
Mr. Happy
FF LOL

Why does every thread have to turn into a bitch fest of bickering about something? Why do people have to focus in on one little statement about TF2 when the whole point of this is that he finnally get's to experience the greatness that is FF?

I think people here need to grow up and stop fighting about every god damn thing, almost every single thread degenerates into an endless nit picking argument of a minor side point.

TF2 has better graphics, that's a fact. The shading algorithims used to light the characters and the world rendering are much more advanced. If you prefer one art style over the other, whoop-dee-do, it's a seperate issue, a personal opinion, one that can't be resolved, and no one cares what you think.

If you prefer one game's gameplay over the other, whoop-de-doo, no one cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AE] 82694
Glad you made it to FF !nF3D4L.
Ya good stuff!
Mr. Happy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #14
tu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peon

nah we compare to tfc old models...DUH!

don't even bring up TF2, that game is closer to css and bf2 than tf.
tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2008, 07:55 PM   #15
greenday5494
D&A Member

agree with mr. happy. If TF2 wasnt TF2 would you guys like it? If it was named "Game with guns and flags" would that be fun?

seriously, if you like one game, you dont need to be annying about it to another. I personally like FF's graphics better, but TF2's artsyle is orginal, and the graphics themselves are really nice.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:07 AM   #16
slay2rr

Class/Position: Pyro
FF graphics are NOT bad, yeah sure some models still lack a few animations. But everythig was done very well. And the rocket launcher displaying how many rockets you have left and chaingun's bullet metre. And TF2 doesn't have them.
slay2rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #17
greenday5494
D&A Member

FF also doesnt have the most advanced shader calcuations in a source game to date. soooo...

Old 04-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #18
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
agree with mr. happy. If TF2 wasnt TF2 would you guys like it? If it was named "Game with guns and flags" would that be fun?

seriously, if you like one game, you dont need to be annying about it to another. I personally like FF's graphics better, but TF2's artsyle is orginal, and the graphics themselves are really nice.
No, I wouldn't. The only thing I like about TF2 are the graphics. The game play, pace, and flow of the game are terrible.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote