Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 03-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #21
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
I promise he wanted to hit the hawk and not scare him away. I promise.
You honestly think that he wasn't trying to hit it? After taking umpteen shots at it? Everytime the Hawk remained motionless after every close shot probably pissed him off even more. Silently inside for even a split second I can guarantee you he was proud of himself for hitting a small target sitting up in a tree a hundred feet away. Even if was only for a split second I'd put money on it.

Someone who was trying to scare it away would have taken a few shots at it, and would have either given up out of frustration or he would have walked up to the tree and threw things at it instead. He totally saw it as a challenge and went for it.

Just a hawk? pffft how about "It's a living creature", sure it's protected animal and is regarded in higher view than other birds, but the sensless killing of an innocent creature should be frowned upon in all situations.

On the drive home from a job, my coworker was driving, and on the road there were 4 prairie chickens. He accelerated to hit them, and was proud about the fact he hit 3 out of the 4. I was appaulled, and he went around shop gloating about it, and making fun of me for being pissed about it.

But when everything was said and done, the other shop guys were about as disgusted about it as I was.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2008, 09:20 PM   #22
Tyrant
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
to much QQ over a hawk.
Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2008, 10:30 PM   #23
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock
You honestly think that he wasn't trying to hit it? After taking umpteen shots at it? Everytime the Hawk remained motionless after every close shot...
You answered your own question.

The poster below you is correct. The QQ levels for the hawk is incredible. If the hawk was a little kid, that shit wouldn't be tolerated.

If you think the golfer was trying to hit a hawk while the shit was being recorded, you're a retard.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2008, 11:47 PM   #24
Hammock
D&A Member

Quote:
You answered your own question.

The poster below you is correct. The QQ levels for the hawk is incredible. If the hawk was a little kid, that shit wouldn't be tolerated.

If you think the golfer was trying to hit a hawk while the shit was being recorded, you're a retard.
Calling me a retard? Then I call you one for assuming I thought he was trying to get it on film when the article specifically said he was trying to get rid of it SO he CAN film. They even said they didn't get footage of it. Don't put words in other people's mouths when you obviously don't have a clue what I'm thinking.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #25
Meathook

Send a message via AIM to Meathook Send a message via MSN to Meathook
Quote:
like the "puppy soldiers"?
Meathook is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2008, 02:15 AM   #26
qwertyuiop
Voted #1 FF Forum Member
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathook
What's wrong about catching a puppy thrown at you by terrorists?
qwertyuiop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2008, 02:46 AM   #27
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock
Calling me a retard? Then I call you one for assuming I thought he was trying to get it on film when the article specifically said he was trying to get rid of it SO he CAN film. They even said they didn't get footage of it. Don't put words in other people's mouths when you obviously don't have a clue what I'm thinking.
He was recording the shot and couldn't because the bird was making noise. He tried to scare the hawk away and hit it.

If you can't see this then you are a retard.

Quote:
And he's getting in trouble for it. Anyone with a brain knows that if you're going to do something stupid, then don't record it. The golfer is an older man, the soldier is a young kid.

You guys seriously suck at looking at a situation and figuring things out. It's a problem almost all TF players face, sadly.

Ronald Reagan

Old 03-15-2008, 05:42 AM   #28
Meathook

Credge I'm having a hard time following you. my last post was a response to me thinking that you meant that no one would record themselves doing something stupid like that.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:49 AM   #29
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Credge I'm having a hard time following you. my last post was a response to me thinking that you meant that no one would record themselves doing something stupid like that.
They wouldn't, that is, if they have half a brain. Chances are, a golfer that is good enough to be recorded in any serious manner is going to be smart enough to realize that hitting that hawk with a golf ball wouldn't be in his best interests.

A young soldier in the middle of a war isn't going to think much about tossing a puppy twenty yards as he doesn't think he'll get in trouble for it since it is in another country.

Ronald Reagan

Old 03-16-2008, 07:40 PM   #30
Hammock
D&A Member

Quote:
Isenhour allegedly said, "I'll get him now," and aimed for the hawk.
Quote:
"About the sixth ball came very near the bird's head, and (Isenhour) was very excited that it was so close," Baine wrote.
Quote:
Jethro Senger, a sound engineer at the shoot, said hitting the bird was "basically like a joke to Isenhour)."
Quote:
"He just kept saying how he didn't think he could have hit it, which I think is a stupid thing for a PGA Tour golfer to say," Senger said. "He can put a ball in a hole from hundreds of yards away, and here he is hitting line drives at something that's, I don't know, a couple hundred feet away?"
Seems to me the witnesses are telling a different story than what the golfer is saying.

You obviously chose to ignore any witnessed comments and based your decision soley on

Quote:
Isenhour said he is an animal lover and his family has adopted three cats from a local shelter.

"We ask that everyone accept my sincerest apology, and please be respectful of my family's privacy," he said.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #31
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

I promise you old men like killing hawks with golf balls.

I promise.

My grandpa killed a hawk the other day with a golf ball.

Ronald Reagan

Old 03-16-2008, 07:56 PM   #32
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Guys, it's just a hawk, a bird. It's not like the earth is going to experience a fucking world wide epidemic as a result because a bird was killed.
Everything is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #33
Meathook

kenny, the point misser.

Quote:
He was being an asshole and now he's got to pay.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:57 PM   #34
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Capitalize my name please.
Everything is offline   Reply With Quote