Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2016, 09:55 PM   #1
biohaZ

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
biohaZ [AMA] 2016

I played TFC from around 1999-2007. I was a giant clan whore and immature. I main’d soldier. My most notable clans were |{, TTK, DO, r. I was also a top DM soldier the last few years I played. I miss TFC

My FF career started late. I wish I could have experienced the first 2 years of the games release(was that FF’s peak?). I started playing in 2009, right around when 2.4 was released. I adjusted really easily, and I consider myself to be one of the top players to play FF. I consider my main soldier, but I think I could play any class at the highest level. I would say my greatest FF moment would be being the first team(oblivion) to beat teamfail after they were undefeated for over 2+ years.

I was bored.

You can reach me at http://steamcommunity.com/id/bbiohaz

Ask me Anything!

biohaZ

Last edited by biohaZ; 07-28-2016 at 04:05 PM.
biohaZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #2
hadez
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
other than boredom what made you keep playing FF as long as you did?

Also, what was your favorite patch of the game.(if you cant remember numbers then maybe say what features the patch had)
hadez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2016, 10:49 PM   #3
biohaZ

Hi hadeZ

I played FF/TFC because I enjoy competitive games. I would probably continue to play both if they were still competitive.

Hmmm.. I'm not sure what patch number, but probably the one right before overpressure was added.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:46 PM   #4
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
Who are you?
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #5
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
Wow, I'd like to thank you for giving me this amazing opportunity.

What got you into TFC?
Did you like it right away or take time to get into?
Why didn't you make the move to FF sooner?
Do you really think everyone lagging around like noobs is a great moment?!!

FF's peak? The future is yet to come

Old 07-28-2016, 02:06 PM   #6
biohaZ

Hi cae, you are one of my FF hero's.

I enjoyed all the fast paced shooters that came out around that time(QTF, Unreal tournament). I played half life as well and when I heard about TFC I was hooked!

I loved it right away but I was quite the noob when I started. I was really into pub sniper clans, {ES}MaD_sNiPeR is a clan I remember haha(WON days). Once I saw the skill involved in each class I was even more hooked. I still remember studying and spectating all the really good players!

When FF/TF2 was released it was right around when I finished high school. I was out being a real lifer. I remember trying TF2 for the first time at a buddies house and I just dominated pubs my first time playing, it was actually quite the turn off.

It's my most memorable moment, is that better?

Old 07-29-2016, 12:26 PM   #7
oaties

Posts Rated Helpful 38 Times
Hi biohaz. I remember when u, spoon, hdz etc dominated the game, lol.
oaties is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:13 PM   #8
oaties

Posts Rated Helpful 38 Times
You should come back to pickups, if you don't mind the fact that theres people who blatantly hack and don't get banned

I really would like to see you back, getting sick of having to captain vs hacking titan every single game. (Yep, he still hacks).

Maybe it would bring back some others too.. I'd love to see Oreoman, alextric, Fruitcake playing more and such... Maybe i'm dreaming now, but I miss that whole crew, alacrity was such a beast scout, your whole "clique" of players you know.. That era of FF in 2011-2012 or so was without a doubt some of the most fun gaming I've ever had, I miss it to be honest..

Last edited by oaties; 07-29-2016 at 04:15 PM.
oaties is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2016, 02:46 PM   #9
9u-9u-9u
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demoman
Gametype: pipe spawn
Posts Rated Helpful 126 Times
i always like these because of the ask and anything

what is your opinion of the jump gun?

did you enjoy pubbing in tfc or didn't do that kind of thing

did you used to shoot your own snipers off the bments?

did you used to throw nail grens into the bments ceiling on 2fort on your way in?

did you get banned on the [DAD] server and your geriatric vengeance carried over to o-t or are you on good terms

do you use conditioner. do you wash your hair head down or facing away from the spout. do you wrap a towel around your head like women do

do you believe everything in the bible or only some of it. do you think jesus healed the sick

do you wish hitler had won?

have you ever fallen for a hoax like when people on forums say they time traveled from the future to pick up a piece of equipment

what portion of work/social life/personal life do you think a person should have. do you think it should be all 1/3rd

do you like urban blight

did you ever use goofy models in tfc like that one for the rpg where you'd throw the rocket

what did you think of steam when they kicked us off WON

have you ever been called faggot over microphone

do you like to do skill maps or did you in tfc

did you used to play quake or doom?

did you cry when kurt cobain died

what about when soundgarden broke up

do you value friendships more made during careless youth or ones as an adult created around a common interest

have you ever made a death threat to a co worker? or if you are retired, disabled, or homeless, to the social services office?

do you believe in writing in the margins of books or is that sinful

when you switched from 56k to cable did you like it or do you still use 56k

do you have any advice for children with disabilities?

why don't you ever donate to a cure for fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, or lymphoma?

if you were president who would you pardon?

have you ever gotten tired of hauling work products and threw them out instead?
9u-9u-9u is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:52 PM   #10
biohaZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9u-9u-9u View Post
i always like these because of the ask and anything

what is your opinion of the jump gun? I have not played the new FF updates. I think i'll pass for now

did you enjoy pubbing in tfc or didn't do that kind of thing? Wasn't really my thing I would rather 2v2 or pug. Odin's Graveyard and Phat Farm was fun though

did you used to shoot your own snipers off the bments? yes

did you used to throw nail grens into the bments ceiling on 2fort on your way in? yes

did you get banned on the [DAD] server and your geriatric vengeance carried over to o-t or are you on good terms? I think i was banned

do you use conditioner. do you wash your hair head down or facing away from the spout. do you wrap a towel around your head like women do? I use conditioner at about a 1:2 ratio of shampoo. i take it to the face. no

do you believe everything in the bible or only some of it. do you think jesus healed the sick. jesus is my dude.

do you wish hitler had won? I do not.

have you ever fallen for a hoax like when people on forums say they time traveled from the future to pick up a piece of equipment? yes

what portion of work/social life/personal life do you think a person should have. do you think it should be all 1/3rd? Moderation is key

do you like urban blight? racist

did you ever use goofy models in tfc like that one for the rpg where you'd throw the rocket? I had some custom models, but my game looked close to default. I used quake rpg.

what did you think of steam when they kicked us off WON? I miss WON chatrooms. Steam was a clusterfuck when it first started.

have you ever been called faggot over microphone? Yes

do you like to do skill maps or did you in tfc? Ya I played them when I was bored.

did you used to play quake or doom? Yes

did you cry when kurt cobain died? Yes <heartshapebox3

what about when soundgarden broke up? no, but dat Savage Garden tho- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQnAxOQxQIU

do you value friendships more made during careless youth or ones as an adult created around a common interest? I treat all parties equal.

have you ever made a death threat to a co worker? or if you are retired, disabled, or homeless, to the social services office? No comment

do you believe in writing in the margins of books or is that sinful? I write where I please

when you switched from 56k to cable did you like it or do you still use 56k? I had badass dialup and pinged around 150-170 sometimes. I don't miss it

do you have any advice for children with disabilities? nope

why don't you ever donate to a cure for fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, or lymphoma? im selfish

if you were president who would you pardon? #blacklivesmatter

have you ever gotten tired of hauling work products and threw them out instead? Yes

Last edited by biohaZ; 07-30-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Old 08-09-2016, 04:56 AM   #11
InternalChi

Class/Position: Any
Gametype: 1v1 dm , capture the flag , fps shooter
Affiliations: Flawles$styles #styles irc east gamesnet or gamesurge. Who remembers?? Lol
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
Biohaz,love u bro...yes he was a top dm soldier too. I read some blatant lies on here. Someone claiming the created and owned flawless styles. You know that was me, and we had the best 1v1 soldiers around. Nobody could touch us...I could go down the list... we know em tho...anyone that was a #styles member.....u can definately claim your props. Even after all the other guilds fell, we wound up with the VD members and OD members. Yea I dissappeared for years, but u guys kept it up and running... what happened to DuM? I first met him, I rocked his world...6 months down the line, that nigga never missed lol...I was better at first...then I think he got better than me......I would go away for months or years at a time and try to jumps back in with u pro hoes and got beat up for a bit...it comes back like riding a bike... we were like top in the world 1v1 dm mulchers....underrated.
I remember being so good, I could toss a nade high in the air and strafe toward the player I was fighting and force him to go where I wanted and hit em with a rocket nade split as it came down..while having a second one primed with the follow up split....if they didn't die...crowbar. at one point in my prime, I could stand still and hit people with rocket grenade combos at long range from the start....they couldn't get close to me.....they try to bhop around and rockets were on point.
(I was able to do this at a low sensitivity on a ball mouse, once I turned the sensitivity up I couldn't aim long range as good but u need this for real maps and bhopping in game. ...I don't wanna toot my own horn but I perfected the rocket nade split concept......then I went to prison..lol stopped playing...played cs.....I'd take 3 or 4 years breaks....after that, I wasn't as good as I was in my prime.......biohaz, in his prime...was a beast too. I found out people were trying so hard to be a good mulcher...there was some people using global timers.(if u don't know what that is.m..its a cheat grenade click sound replacement. When u primed ur nade, it would count down....but u could hear your enemies name timer too! I was script free until everyone was script whores..... I only used basic...auto reload and jump wait

Last edited by InternalChi; 08-09-2016 at 05:17 AM.
InternalChi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2016, 05:45 AM   #12
InternalChi

Affiliations: Flawles$styles #styles irc east gamesnet or gamesurge. Who remembers?? Lol
Didn't know the topic, tips for newcomers

I apologize for being off topic (intoxicated). If it's tips for the newcomers or players that want to excel, here's some basic things that I personally like:
I always used the old school CRT monitors and played at 640x480 resolution or 800x600. The lower the resolution, the higher u can tweak ur framerate. I had 620x480 at 240refresh rate hertz., now with the high refresh rates and a high FPS (frames per second) u can do some serious damage in game. Try to get your FPS at the same as ur refresh rate or higher. Took alot of tweaking back then...I used open glad and usually replaced the opengl32.dll in the tfc folder with the Nvidia opengl32.dll driver ..think it said nvopengl32.dll.......that helped with performance on my nvididia card......I always drew a tiny cross hair on my monitor for no scopes or whatever.....good for counterstrike too!. Besides all of that, make sure u have all ur rates fixed like cl_cmdrate ,cl_updaterate, rate r_mmx 1, gamma, bind a key to "stops ound" to stop unwanted backround noise. Also, best server side settings for bhop was sv_airaccelerate 9999 and sv_accelerate 9999 , etc......theres so much more. I always used 16bit color, even if my computer was a beast. ....I think u can still force it with steam...maybe not.
Just having the correct settings for each class will make u better automatically. I suggest you tweak each configuration like soldier.cfg ,scout.cfg, etc. All to ur liking in that class....some classes require higher sensitivity and different button setups. Well I hope this helps.........BTW, I believe the sv_airaccelerate 9999 may be illegal in matches....not sure....it's a server side tweak.
U can make the sharpest bhop turns with no slowdown at all. Anyway, if u need more help let me know.
Or if I just posted all this in the wrong area, just push me off the bridge lol. GG TO ALL

Old 08-09-2016, 04:49 PM   #13
biohaZ

hahahaha.. I created this thread hoping to see some old names like yourself pop up. Where do I start….

Yea, mulching was this whole other world. I miss it and it was some of the best times in TFC. I started playing in the OGL 1v1 mulch ladders, had a lot of fun but was still pretty new. I remember the day I beat one of the CwO mulchers(there were 2 of them that mulched all the time I think) and I
thought I was the greatest mulcher ever, hahaha..

I entered a random ass soldier tournament that was ran by `DD, that offered an invite to whoever won. Nobody has really heard of me in the mulching world at this time, but I ended up winning. I remember facing ReArRaNgEd(Re`afk) in the final, I think he was DuM's "right hand man" at the time and was predicted to win. I declined the `DD invite in a very immature way, and that's when I met and started playing with DuM.

DuM was quite the character. He introduced me to a whole other side of mulching. I met all the 00D guys, Ryu, Chi, PurpleMuscle, etc.. We were all on a whole other level of mulching. Everything you explain I would say is true. It’s crazy all of the different kinds of styles of play everyone had, and I remember everyone would alias in servers and pretend to be each other. I could tell who I was playing just on their style of play, and I could mimic other styles of play as well.

I would say there were different “era’s” of mulching throughout the years, but if I had to make a top list I would say:

1. Ricz (I never mulched him, just going by hearsay from blink/DuM)
2. blinK
3. DuM

The last year or so I played, I was the only one who could beat DuM in mulch. I never really played blink in his prime, but I remember the 3 of us mulching together, and blink beating DuM 2:1 pretty convincingly, and then I would beat blink pretty convincingly.. It’s crazy how styles made matches.

I miss you Chi, hope life is well, and hope you’re staying out of trouble!

Old 08-09-2016, 10:22 PM   #14
rawDawg

Class/Position: any class
Gametype: mulch_dm
Affiliations: ( GoodFellas )
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Let's go!

Sup Chi!

Long time no see! I was a newb back when 00D was around. But I got pretty fucking good after you guys left #styles. Let's Mulch!

Homies that I fucked with in #styles

DuM
Exo
Static
Sandro
JiN
MERKiN
Moogle
rawDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2016, 09:23 AM   #15
InternalChi

I heard scotty2hottybwas good. Cough cough...then blink......blink beat me when I was a still new bish when I didn't be hope and I was all long range aim 20-15........I remember beating him some Yeats later on 56k... lol...DuM, I used to beat him all the time...then he got really good...like his shorty was aimbottish lol. U lose skill when u leave for years...I used to get mad trying to come back and get good again and I would be losing to people I used to trash...then I got it back...then went to jail again lol...I just did another 2-4 upstate......iglesia ladder...I'll signed up and never went to and match..I'll was too busy mulching with u guys or in the old LMS mulch server last man standing by sudiphed.... I'll tell u who gave me some trouble back when I was staying still newbish....Kod Shark....for a little while he gave me trouble then that was the end of that.
Anyway
...love u guys, we were all #1 in our primes every name here was top mulchers on the planet....email me at johnvillante@yahoo.com or use that to find me on facebook or u can try sophillyjohnny@facebook.com

Old 08-12-2016, 05:49 AM   #16
Peppas

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Hi biohaZ,

Quick questions... What was your favorite class and what was your favorite map to play? Also on your favorite map to play where was your favorite spot?
Peppas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2016, 05:59 PM   #17
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Oh man, Biohaz. Now this guy here has had an amazing career!

My favorite moment by him is when he had his buddy ghost me in spectator mode on FF_Phantom and knew exactly where I was coming from every time.

Those were the times.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2016, 09:41 PM   #18
biohaZ

thanks for your input moya. no idea what you are talking about.

Old 09-03-2016, 04:14 AM   #19
InternalChi

Hey Pappas, If I may, I have known Biohaz since the beginning of Half Life time lol, we have been around since team fortress classic mod has been released.
I have not been around in years, due to real life and sick family member, prison, and other problems. I have played Fortress Forever quite alot, and they basically made it easier for everyone to bunnyhop, air strafe, circle strafe bhop, backwards circle stafe bhop and made quite a few things easier and did a good job at creating OUR VERSION OF WHAT TF2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Anyway,
It depends on how you like to play. Are you more of a fighter that wants to kill everyone in his path? Or you wanna be the fastest guy flying around to capture the flag for the team? Do you like to be Sneaky and try to penetrate the base unnoticed? Or do you prefer sentry guns and other defense items to build to help teammates defend or play offense....... really it all depends on you and what your good at....I personally liked soldier in the beginning. 1v1 dm mulching.....As time went by, I'd personally rather play scout or medic and bhop as fast as I can trying to fly through the air and juke my opponent into hitting himself or toying with him to bypass to get the flag......It isn't easy, if their defense is strong with sentry guns...with good soldiers. I guess, certain maps require different classes....for defense...and different classes for offense. Always good to have a good offense soldier or medic to help the scouts break through and get the flag. If your fast enough, you can strafe around sentries and bypass them without them getting you. I NEVER REALLY PLAYED THE SPY CLASS IN FF. because it was different from tfc...and actually a better addon...but changed my while way of thinking because I knew the sounds , what to listen for when people dropped down in certain a reason to know when to prime grenades before seeing people....the spy just through me off for a while because it was unfamiliar LoL. Anyway, I suggest trying soldier. If your a good at maneuvering and avoiding being hit...at a slower class.....I'd definately try medic or scout and play offense...Certain maps offense can be difficult. Certain maps, it's much easier... experiment. Demo man was another good defense class...putting pipe bombs doen around the flag for last line of defense...idc you get good enough....or communicate well with ur teammates and they have binds telling you "enemy getting flag"
You can actually be playing offense ....and try to detonate your pipes according to your teammates warning or have the details button binded...ands soon as u hear "enemy has ur flag" details ur pipes as fast as possible before it even says it...lol enemy boooom!!" IF you like to play one verse one, fair and square. Mulch_dm as soldier is fun...I have fun mulching with demo man too!
Well, I based most of my stuff off of tfc....most original FF maps are remakes of tfc I think....been a while. Either way, tfc was much harder to be a good bunnyhopper. Fortress Forever made it easy because many people complained....calling it a speed hack...because they were unable to do it.....so Valve capped the bhop in regular tfc....many years later after the game has been that way forever........them decided to cap bunnyhop. I USED TO LOVE PLAYING counterstrike like de_dust....or whatever the map was that had that long under pass under the bridge...counter terrorist or terrorist, had a long down ward ramp that you could be hop down as soon as the match started....and I'd fly up and almost be at there spawn before they just made it out....LOL, circle strafing around people with pump shotty.....OR use the worst weapons to kill the good players.....to make them feel like a newbie. Lol, those were the days ....haha they capped bhop completely on cs.....unless activated server side.
Well, i dont think I answered your question...lol Fortress Forever is a TEAM GAME on regular maps ...not 1v1....so communication, timing, working together while one resupllies.....or working together on offense to take down the heavy Defense so the scout can fly through.. playing with other good players....is definately a plus....because they know how to communicate properly also...many people cheated back in the day
...global timers....wallhacks....3rd person.....some even used aimbot.....for shotty and rockets close range.....is ts actually hard to tell sometimes.......istsf a really good mulchers is aimbotting.....u can watch them and their movements....and their shotty is there...don't jerk.......but never misses......and super pro mulcher....manipulating aimbot....istsf think that went on alot too on the low.....some people .....just never missed a shotgun....and it felt like a faces shot everytime....but couldn't hit u with a rocket...if their mothers life depended on it.....unless u were face to face.
Its...funny, flawless styles and 00D..we're mulch guilds....the numbers didn't mean anything...I got to pick mine....they would give me 000 lol...Ryu and jo3 from florida....which was re'afk or Rearranged...as biohaz was
talking about, they started that guild and I started flawlessstyles...We were all good friends...me and jo3 ....(rearranged) , purplemuscle, and even wicked clown...if u remeber him......We would mulch all day long against each other.....or other people and just dominate everything....that's around when I was very very good....and never really lost...I would mulch people....while my back was to them...with my crowbar out, and ....my footwork just out of habit..I knew how to dodge and rush....and I'd turn real fast and throw the grenade..and be back with my back to them....and it looked like the grenade came out of my ass...and I'd strafe rush them backwards....the whole time like I was rushing them with the hail Mary grenade......making them go right into it....I've beaten quite a few friends link that Ryu, re, purplemuscle, moonless, snatched, I can go on and on......we were all friends.....and we were all good....this is before I met biohaz...and ND my life went to shit.........I used to beat DuM...constantly......ever since my first few years of being away or in jail......everyone got so much better....my accuracy wasn't the same.....I think it was windows XP lol....mouse accel.....windows 98 ME or whatever..........my mouse aim was incredibly accurate...I also used a ball mouse.....then switched to lazer.....was still very good. I just felt like I never had that perfect aim again....I might get a razor ball mouse when I come back to gaming. Way off topic.....Love all the FF PLAYERS, TFC PLAYERS, QUAKE 3 PLAYERS, AND MY BUDDY BIOHAZ AND RAWDAWG THAT I SEEN HERE RECENTLY.......if you beat either one of them in 1v1 mulch_dm.....I'll personally spend 10 dollars to get you a B.J from the nearest cr4ck wh0re!
Lol, I am probably terrible now.. I'd have to reconfigure my config....guarantee I'd still give work to most people....it's like riding a bike..once I ay for a few days and find all my sweet spots on everything.....it comes back. Haha

Last edited by InternalChi; 09-03-2016 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Addition

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:23 AM   #20
vatterin
David-

Posts Rated Helpful 18 Times
Holy...wall...of...text
vatterin is offline   Reply With Quote