Old 09-13-2007, 03:10 AM   #61
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by there's nothing here
"So you get what you had coming."

I'm sorry, it's the truth. And just because I say it, doesn't mean it's not a shame, or life is worthless
I disagree, I don't believe the people in the twin towers did anything to the people in the middle east.

Quote:
Sooooo.. come down to where I live, kill my sister, and then see whether or not I will gouge your eyes out and shove them up your ass. But no, I won't kill you. Sadly, I am still prone to emotions, because I am a goddamn human.
Well, let's examine your entire argument. Let's say you (America) and I (Al Qaeda) have an argument. You and your sister (Innocent Civilians in the Twin Towers) live in the same building (The United States). I'm angry with you for what you've done, even though you don't believe I have real reasons to be. I decide to retaliate by killing some of your family, namely your sister. From what you've said above, your sister deserves that she got, right? Even if you're angry about it, and would gouge my eyes out, she still deserved to die, right? Is that in context with your argument?

Scuzzy

Last edited by Scuzzy; 09-13-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 03:13 AM   #62
YomMamasHouse

My God TNH, you are so messed up and bad at arguing that I agree with Scuzzy. For shame. I never imagined this would happen.
YomMamasHouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 03:27 AM   #63
there's nothing here
lol

Location: Halfway sprawled out of a cardboard box at the bottom of a flight of stairs.
No, no it isn't.

I never said she would deserve it, since she is innocent of the argument you had with said country (but then, who knows). But the country in question deserved it, for the actions taken.

Isn't that sorta why I said, that the people who died didn't necessarily deserve to die?

(But then again, who doesn't deserve to die, we're all entitled to it.. :\)

You said that the people in the Towers didn't do anything to people in the middle east.. Well, people in the middle east didn't do anything to your country either.
there's nothing here is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 03:55 AM   #64
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
The radicals in the Middles East that conduct things like what happened on 9/11 don't need any reason other than the fact that we exist to do something like that. Your bizarre quid pro quo example has nothing to do with what happened. If you think that what they did was simply because of Middle East meddling then you're woefully ignorant of current events and history as well. Radical Islam has NEVER needed provocation to attack others. But then this subject has been done to death here and elsewhere. If you don't get it by now then you may never understand.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 04:15 AM   #65
there's nothing here
lol

Location: Halfway sprawled out of a cardboard box at the bottom of a flight of stairs.
Alright then.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #66
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
The Jews did it

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #67
Zydell
Ex-king
D&A Member

Affiliations: Knights of the Round
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to Zydell Send a message via Skype™ to Zydell
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKill----->
The Jews did it
Yes!!! revenge for rudely disturbing their vacation in Germany back in '45
Zydell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #68
Pigeons
Collected in my steps

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
No, no it isn't.

I never said she would deserve it, since she is innocent of the argument you had with said country (but then, who knows). But the country in question deserved it, for the actions taken.

Isn't that sorta why I said, that the people who died didn't necessarily deserve to die?

(But then again, who doesn't deserve to die, we're all entitled to it.. :\)

You said that the people in the Towers didn't do anything to people in the middle east.. Well, people in the middle east didn't do anything to your country either.
You make stupid an understatement.
Pigeons is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #69
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
The radicals in the Middles East that conduct things like what happened on 9/11 don't need any reason other than the fact that we exist to do something like that. Your bizarre quid pro quo example has nothing to do with what happened. If you think that what they did was simply because of Middle East meddling then you're woefully ignorant of current events and history as well. Radical Islam has NEVER needed provocation to attack others. But then this subject has been done to death here and elsewhere. If you don't get it by now then you may never understand.
Are you stating that we have not provoked the terrorists who attacked us? Or are you saying they attacked us simply because they dislike our freedom and prosperity? If that is what you're saying, it is you who is woefully ignorant.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #70
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR
Are you stating that we have not provoked the terrorists who attacked us? Or are you saying they attacked us simply because they dislike our freedom and prosperity? If that is what you're saying, it is you who is woefully ignorant.
Read what I posted Uber. Radical Islam has a LONG history of unprovoked violence. A history that predates the existence of the US. The behaviors are similar and consistent. The attack us as "infidels" and simply because we exist. They also attack their own people that they determine are not properly aligned with their (the radicals) beliefs. Yes, they attack us as we exist AND are a high profile target. Most of the "actors" that participated in 9/11 were Saudi's which is a country we have, arguably, the best relationship of all of the Middle East countries outside of Israel. No, we did not do anything to provoke them.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:49 PM   #71
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
No, we did not do anything to provoke them.
For shame. It's wrong to say it's entirely because of what we did, because that place is mildly fucked up, but you're flat out retarded if you think the US did nothing.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #72
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
For shame. It's wrong to say it's entirely because of what we did, because that place is mildly fucked up, but you're flat out retarded if you think the US did nothing.
This isn't a quid pro quo situation and if you think it is the we're going to have to agree to disagree. You should, however, continue making insults as it enhances your argument and makes me more inclined to read what you have to say.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:21 PM   #73
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
oooooooookay sugar, I know from previous experiences this is where it starts to get stupid.

Exhibit A: you're wrong. Sorry. Being an american, you may not realize quite what the rest of the world thinks of you.

Cheers.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:22 PM   #74
there's nothing here
lol

There's always two sides to anything.

I just like to think that people should be open to those ideas, or at least expect it.

Who knows. Maybe the people who came and blew up stuff (assuming that they did, and the whole thing wasn't a conspiracy) were just pissed because some guys from another country came over there and blew up their stuff, and basically reamed their country.. theoretically speaking of course. Then wouldn't they, the people from the other country be the "terrorists"?

So I guess now the argument would be, who started it? Who cares! The one with the bigger guns win.

But honestly, nobody would ever know the truth, because one person's beliefs may not be the same as another's..

The only way you could possibly ever know is to ask God.. and I think he's on vacation right now. So you should call back later, or leave a message. Hopefully he's all honest like people say.

What if's.. what if's..

If I were a marshmallow?

I wouldn't be here! ^_^

What if I weren't fucked up or ignorant..?

Then I'd be right! =D

But I still wouldn't be here.

But nah.

Hey Innoc, what do you have for breakfast everyday? For curious.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #75
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
oooooooookay sugar, I know from previous experiences this is where it starts to get stupid.

Exhibit A: you're wrong. Sorry. Being an american, you may not realize quite what the rest of the world thinks of you.

Cheers.
Wow, what was I thinking? You're absolutely right. You are so persuasive.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:57 PM   #76
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
If you have been outside of the US in general, and North America to boot...you would know that Americans are not viewed with full kindness everywhere.

When my wife and I were in Germany(2005, and she was born there), many of the people we encountered were surprised to discover that I was an American.....because I didn't act like one. I acted like a GUEST in their country. I treated them with respect. We actually saw an American family in action when we tour'd Neushwanstein Castle...and thank GOD those dips weren't with our group....I'd be in a German prison for throwing them off the mountain. Rude and obnoxious. I was embarassed....but not openly, because I carried myself well.

The US foreign policy has a lot to do with what happened on 9-11. The people who were killed didn't have anything directly to do with anything....but how else do you attack a bullying super-power, when you not only don't have a standing army....but you don't even have a defined country!

I don't justify what happened on 9-11, but unlike a lot of Americans, I understand it.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 12:12 AM   #77
Imbrifer
Religious Stamp Machine
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Imbrifer
Let me remind y'all that, according to Al-Qaeda, it is because we stationed troops in the middle east, we have bombed Iraq for 12 years, and we meddle in their society through economic exploitation. I'd say they know their reasons better than Americans who grumble 'they hates our freedum!'

The solution is to quit economically exploiting them, quit bombing their civilians, and to work with them to help rebuild society on their terms.

We've been exploiting and bombing people all over the world for hundreds of years, and finally it came to bite us in the ass. I am overwhelmed by the disinformation spread by our government and American media to disconnect the cause of the terrorism from the terrorist act.

To fix a problem, you remove the cause of the problem, you don't try to murder people in response.
Imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 12:42 AM   #78
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbrifer
Let me remind y'all that, according to Al-Qaeda, it is because we stationed troops in the middle east, we have bombed Iraq for 12 years, and we meddle in their society through economic exploitation. I'd say they know their reasons better than Americans who grumble 'they hates our freedum!'

The solution is to quit economically exploiting them, quit bombing their civilians, and to work with them to help rebuild society on their terms.

We've been exploiting and bombing people all over the world for hundreds of years, and finally it came to bite us in the ass. I am overwhelmed by the disinformation spread by our government and American media to disconnect the cause of the terrorism from the terrorist act.

To fix a problem, you remove the cause of the problem, you don't try to murder people in response.
You're a fount of disinformation yourself. Did you even read what you posted? We've been exploiting and bombing people all over the world for hundreds of years? Really? Hundreds of years? Hundreds?

You also don't mention that one of the goals of Al Queda is to establish Islamic states throughout the world and to overthrow Governments that are not Islamic in nature. That is a fundamental aim of their work. So, yeah, they hate us for our freedom and would see us die for no other reason.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:33 AM   #79
there's nothing here
lol

Oh god, quotes.

Well.. history is always a little weak, in that you're trusting something someone else says, and you're never there to see it in the first place.

I know this much about exploitation.. and everyone should too.

Slavery!

Now someone do the next one.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:38 AM   #80
Backstaber
Custom User Title
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout Offence
Gametype: Capture The Flag
Affiliations: None
In response to Iggy:
September 11th, 2001 happened not at all because of the US being a bullying superpower. It happened because of our unresponsiveness towards terrorist attacks during the 90's and the fact that we just did not take Al-Qaeda seriously. We were attacked several times by terrorists in the 90's and into 2000. I have in fact made a very similar post in a Bush "bash" thread over a year ago. If anything, it is because we didn't act like a superpower and pussy footed around that we were attacked.
Backstaber is offline   Reply With Quote