Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
he does good work ja?
Business is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #22
Meathook

Send a message via AIM to Meathook Send a message via MSN to Meathook
slick map, I like it a lot.

issue: I've gotten hurt and killed by explosions on the other side of walls... I havent noticed this on other maps so I'm guessing its an issue with this map.

one area I had this happen was in the water coming to the ladder into the base.
Meathook is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #23
SmellyCat
Darknight

With HDR off the FPS is pretty sweet, so if your computer is getting old like mine, then make sure it is off.

Had a run around this map when you poasted the thread and thought "hay, this is kinda cool looking weirdness" and tested concing/hopping through the map and found it enjoyable.

Played in a gather today and it played so much better than any 2fort I expected. I had fun. Props to the hard work and hurray for the improved spiral.
SmellyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2007, 04:26 AM   #24
richard nixon

I dunno. I really don't like this map. I really do not like the ladders coming out of the water. Also the whole underwater propelling system is...weird and unnecessary. And the elevator is really far too short so it's super easy for someone to get out. Mainly I just don't like how this level..."plays". Everytime I'm on a server that plays it there are like 4 snipers on each time in just gigantic war. Yard is also too big so you have a huge chance of getting sniped by those 4 sniping idiots. The battlements being black/dark and oddly shaped also give snipers a really huge advantage that they don't deserve.The see-thru glass also gives the enemies defense a greater advantage that neither side should have (especially if a demoman has pipes set up waiting for an enemy).

But the positives about it is that it's not a bad made map. It looks good and all and if I wasn't sure a biased 2fort fanboy I might actually like it more..but who knows. It also doesn't lag my computer like some other poorly made custom maps.

I'm happy playing ff_dev_2fort to be completely honest.
richard nixon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2007, 07:16 AM   #25
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
this map pwns ass. i just played a little 2v2 on it and had a fantastic time, much better than old school 2fort.

it came a long way from the first time i played it (falling off the 2nd floor hurted back then )

gj blis
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2007, 05:16 PM   #26
BlisTer
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
From comments on forums and irc i'd say about 95% love the map and 5% hate it. Tbh i would have thought it would be 50 - 50, but indeed i knew it would be a love it - hate it kind of thing. Atleast some eyes were opened that maps can be more than industrial or nature realism so i guess that's a good thing

Old 10-07-2007, 07:10 PM   #27
stino

got to admit, i hate hdr in ff, you just move to fast to see the effect, and in your map, it hurts your eyes
stino is offline   Reply With Quote