Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Maps

Old 09-11-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
ff_5xas

Alright. I've got a new version of this bad boy out. It's playable, ready to be tested, more optimized in base, etc.

Notes:

The yard is not done yet. This is because this maps balance is 90% on the length of the yard as the base itself is rather small.

As a result of the unfinished yard you can conc above and beyond the base. Try to make sure you don't overconc here. This will be addressed once the yard gets pieced together.

The yard and connecting paths are ugly. I'm aware. Again, I didn't want to spend unneeded time on something that may not exist in a later version.

I will get some pics of the map IN ACTION later on after it has been tested some.

The map:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ah8d...ff_5xas_b1_zip

LETS GET THIS PLAYED GUYS.

Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Credge; 09-12-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2009, 02:39 AM   #2
PartialSchism
Keep On Keepin' On

Class/Position: Offense
Gametype: Fun
Affiliations: I'm bad at FF, and my customs suck
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to PartialSchism
From _b2 to _b1 ... plz explain

also, nice
PartialSchism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2009, 03:12 AM   #3
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

It's completely redone from the ground up (I lost the files for it) so I decided to go with b1 instead of b3 because it really is a new map. The only similarities in the layout are two rooms that are fairly close to the same. It's really a much different map.

Ronald Reagan

Old 09-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
decompiling ur own bsp map would be easier : D, but anyway i do like the bases texturing and layout, i dislike the yard walls with grass, i prefered ur other version yard, but now bases are a lot better. If i play that map i wana go left entrace hw or sold, cuse the resp is 1 meter distance lal, and other thing that i noticed with all this new maps out, the light_envoirment is so dark and bland, i´ve noticed that using env_lights from other modes such as cs, makes ur map look so much brighter and good looking.
zE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2009, 03:34 AM   #5
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Yep, the yard is pretty terrible. Because of the small nature of the base the yard will be crucial to the balance of the map. Since it might change dramatically I'd rather not spend a lot of time on it.

All I need is a game or twos worth of testing on this map. That's it.

Ronald Reagan