Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 07-16-2007, 12:29 AM   #41
puppychow
Arf!
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to puppychow Send a message via Yahoo to puppychow
your inital question was: I just read this article about an 18 year old girl who thinks she's a boy trapped in a mans body. Today's "solution" for this is to cut her up and give her male genitalia and hormones.

What if she felt like she was a dog trapped in a human body? Why don't we do everything we can to turn her into a dog?

What are the differences between these two psychosis?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

the debate has since moved on, but the answer to THIS question is its the same species. no more no less.
puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 12:31 AM   #42
MikeQuist
Person

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
In the end, this debate will be solved by a brain scientist in a lab. And nobody will believe him anyways.
MikeQuist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 03:15 AM   #43
YomMamasHouse

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Scuzzy, the way you talked about homosexuality makes it seem as though it is something that needs to be cured. At the rate humans are breeding we could use a few homosexuals here and there anyway. Keep em coming.
YomMamasHouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 03:33 AM   #44
there's nothing here
lol

Location: Halfway sprawled out of a cardboard box at the bottom of a flight of stairs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
I laughed at it. I just don't think its necessary to post "ha" after every funny post without having anything else to add.
Aw, okay then. ^_^

I love you too.
there's nothing here is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #45
Zencheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Well, how about people who are born deaf? There are those in the deaf culture that are against cochlear implants (which allow the deaf to hear) because they say there is "nothing wrong" with people being deaf. Are they right or are they wrong? Would you say the same about the blind community? What about the cancer community?
Hearing is an ability that all humans have that was denied at the creation of their sensory and hearing organs, resulting in them being death, or from a trauma in life. Where as being gay doesn't harm anything or impair anything, being deaf does. This goes the same for blind people. I personally don't believe that homosexuality is a disease by any means. Deaf people who deny the ability to hear are at fault, because hearing is a significant part of life that plays major roles in the humans ability to function.

Being gay does not impair anything.. think about it. If you think that the gay people are gonna destroy the world from creating no kids, then you are a sad individual... Lots of people still create kids and will always untill the end of time. Other then that, gay people act the same as a straight person, unless they are the type that wants to flaunt it... which I believe their mind to be at fault in this case, for being a complete jackass. But then again, thats personality.

Now, even compairing it to cancer is stupid. That truly is a disease/condition that is created from faulty cells.

Scuzzy, you are really homophobic, but ask yourself... why do you think it's a big deal? Are you afraid, or threatened? Do you feel "them damn homo's" are gonna corrupt children? Get over yourself. That past needs to go away so we can concentrate on human advancement. Your crotchspawns are fine, just raise them correctly is the only concern parents need.
Zencheetah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 01:12 PM   #46
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Like any group it's the militants and radicals that are the most irritating and end up forming the components of the stereotype. Sadly, the vast majority of the group would just as soon live their lives but for the negative attention that the radicals bring to the group as a whole that makes that desire, frequently, difficult to achieve.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 07:29 PM   #47
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychow
Scuzzy hates fags.
No. And I won't address this at length cause I think you're joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YomMamasHouse
Scuzzy, the way you talked about homosexuality makes it seem as though it is something that needs to be cured. At the rate humans are breeding we could use a few homosexuals here and there anyway. Keep em coming.
Are you saying that homosexuality is natures way of telling a human they shouldn't reproduce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zencheetah
Scuzzy, you are really homophobic, but ask yourself... why do you think it's a big deal?
I'm not, I don't think it's a big deal.

Quote:
Are you afraid, or threatened?
Are you saying that homosexuals are dangerous people? Why do you think that?

Quote:
Do you feel "them damn homo's" are gonna corrupt children?
Why would you call them "damn homo's" and in what way do you think they're going to corrupt children?

Quote:
That past needs to go away so we can concentrate on human advancement. Your crotchspawns are fine, just raise them correctly is the only concern parents need.
I'm not really sure where your last paragraph came from, nor why you think I *must* believe them because I brought up this topic up. I can discuss homosexuality without hating homosexuals. Please don't jump to such conclusions.

Quote:
Being gay does not impair anything.. think about it.
I disagree, it impairs the natural ability of a man to be attracted to a women (or a woman to a man).

--------

Old 07-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #48
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Are you saying that homosexuality is natures way of telling a human they shouldn't reproduce?
No, being invited as a guest on the Jerry Springer show is though.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:59 PM   #49
Etzell
D&A Member

Quote:
I disagree, it impairs the natural ability of a man to be attracted to a women (or a woman to a man).
HARDLY an impairment. Attraction across genders is there to propagate the species. If someone's not interested in that, it's not a disease, there's not something WRONG with them, they just don't want to procreate. Or, they want to raise a child with someone they love (in the case of surrogate mothers or sperm donations), instead of having sex with someone they don't love at all to get the same effect.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 11:09 PM   #50
Hawk Eye
Who the fuck is this guy?
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O Preferred
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: [AE] Asseaters
Being straight has impaired my ability to be attracted to other males since I was a wee babe.
Hawk Eye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 11:45 PM   #51
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell
HARDLY an impairment. Attraction across genders is there to propagate the species. If someone's not interested in that, it's not a disease, there's not something WRONG with them, they just don't want to procreate. Or, they want to raise a child with someone they love (in the case of surrogate mothers or sperm donations), instead of having sex with someone they don't love at all to get the same effect.
It sounds like your arguing that being gay is a choice, like "not procreating" is a choice. I'm also not considering what man can do to procreate artificially, we're strictly talking about natural attraction. We're leaving "nurture" out of this equation completely. I know that people can "choose" not to have kids, that's their choice, not something ingrained in them from birth like being gay. Again, I am not saying that being gay is "bad".

Here's another way to ask my question Etzell, and maybe this will help make my thought process more clear. If a male body with male genitalia which is created to produce sperm meant to propagate the genetic makeup of that man, but some other part of his body from birth prevents him from being attracted to a female, then isn't that an impediment to the design of the male?

Old 07-16-2007, 11:50 PM   #52
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
people who believe in a Creator, not creation,
(god/jesus/mohammad/etc vs. something beyond our capabilities of understanding that was the true cause of our existance)

and who think homosexuality is a sin/wrong,

you sir/ma'am are naive and a flock of sheep.
Nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 11:54 PM   #53
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3m
people who believe in a Creator, not creation,
(god/jesus/mohammad/etc vs. something beyond our capabilities of understanding that was the true cause of our existance)

and who think homosexuality is a sin/wrong,

you sir/ma'am are naive and a flock of sheep.
I don't think anyone here is arguing that Nuk3m.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:21 AM   #54
there's nothing here
lol

Location: Halfway sprawled out of a cardboard box at the bottom of a flight of stairs.
Fuck..

I rolled over on my glasses.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:34 AM   #55
Etzell
D&A Member

Quote:
If a male body with male genitalia which is created to produce sperm meant to propagate the genetic makeup of that man, but some other part of his body from birth prevents him from being attracted to a female, then isn't that an impediment to the design of the male?
So the homosexual community isn't propagating the species... so what? We can agree on that. If that's all people were born to do, yeah, there'd be a problem. The issue is that there's more to being a human than propagating the species, there's also the issue of improving the species, which the gay community can still take part in.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2007, 03:40 AM   #56
YomMamasHouse

Quote:
Here's another way to ask my question Etzell, and maybe this will help make my thought process more clear. If a male body with male genitalia which is created to produce sperm meant to propagate the genetic makeup of that man, but some other part of his body from birth prevents him from being attracted to a female, then isn't that an impediment to the design of the male?
It is an impediment to the reproductive organs but not to the person as a whole and that is the only thing that is important. There is more to human life than procreation and a person who does not wish to procreate is not impaired in any way.

And, as for your comment about homosexuality being nature's birth control; I don't think it is, but I certainly wish it was because obviously humans as a collective group are incapable of it so I would like to see nature taking it into it's own hands. If I was not born with an innate bias towards my own species I would see us as a verminous plague, the most destructive living creatures to curse this beautiful planet. Fuck us all.
YomMamasHouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2007, 04:21 AM   #57
there's nothing here
lol

Geez..

Who cares, anyway?

Old 07-17-2007, 04:22 AM   #58
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Scuzzy did you seriously start this thread thinking it wouldn't degrade to this?

Old 07-17-2007, 05:13 AM   #59
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
I think he expected it... but everyone enjoys a good debate. Even if it lasts five posts.

Anyway, regarding your question about the dog thing: For one thing, the anatomy and taxonomy between the two is entirely different. There's too much of a difference. What was suggested regarding making her look like a dog would not make her look like a true canine, but an anthropomorphic one (which isn't one). But that's getting down into the details.

I'm bisexual, as many of you know, and I do have a boyfriend. [/attentionwhoringandtrolling] And I'll share my opinion on homosexuality: It's both a physical and psychological issue. It does vary from person to person, the reason why they experience an attraction to the same gender, but it's commonly a mixture of those two. I won't get into details right now, as it does delve into personal things. If someone wants to discuss it with me, please PM me and I can explain.

In the end, homosexuality is against nature under the ideology that nature intended opposite genders to sexually interact to reproduce. That's very basic and doesn't delve into the psychology of the situation. If we wish to delve into the psychological part of it all, there are many different views. For example, homosexuality or homosexual tendencies can be considered normal given hormonal reasons.

There may also be other psychological reasons, such as abuse in the past which has changed a person's mindset regarding sexual relationships, or lack of figures.

There are many reasons why a person has homosexual tendencies or behaviours. There's no blanket diagnosis.

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2007, 05:43 AM   #60
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

I agree Silver Fox. You cannot compare the issues of Gender confusion with someone that believes that they are confused about what species they are. I don't believe that anyone could effectively argue that they are part of the same "slippery slope".