KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
hlstriker, that web site is badass. I'm going to use that every day. I usually prepare my lunch for work, so if I have extra time in the mornings, I can simply logon to that site and add every item I know I am going to eat. It says to lose 2+ lbs per week, I need to have a calorie intake of 4408 calories per day, which is pretty easy if you ask me. All my breakfast + lunch + snack today equal to be 900 calories. That leaves some room for a good dinner. ty for the tips. And uber, I always drink regular water. I have filtered water on my fridge, and we have a water tank thing at work, so I never have to worry about bottled.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #22
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR View Post
You don't need to buy expensive bottled water that is just a huge waste of plastic. Just buy a water bottle. The water is exactly the same, if not even safer to drink.
I just find it so much more convenient to throw a ton of bottles into my fridge so they are nice and cold whenever I want one. As long as you get your water intake though it really doesn't matter how you do it.

And about wasting plastic... I recycle
hlstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #23
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlstriker View Post
I just find it so much more convenient to throw a ton of bottles into my fridge so they are nice and cold whenever I want one.
I just buy a case ONCE like every month or two and then re-fill them once they are empty. That way it's convenient but cheaper.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #24
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
4,500 calories and that's after cutting out pop? Damn.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #25
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Yeah. Well that's for my current weight. So about 4500 calories a day to lose 2 lbs a week. So basically, if i eat even 3500 calories a day for 7 days on average, that's a total of 7000 calories ON TOP of the 2 lbs lost(3500 calories = 1lb). So that's about 4lbs per week.

To maintain my current weight, I will need to eat less than 5438 calories per day. And from the looks of it, if I exercise every day, I can lose at least 4lbs from eating right(btw, this healthy choice country fried chicken is the shit), and at least 1lb per week walking every day.

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 09-08-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #26
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
The Stephen Fry tip for weight loss is to listen to good audiobooks when you walk and apparently the miles fly by...

Good on you man. I'm having an incredibly hard time trying to gain weight....

Old 09-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #27
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast View Post
The Stephen Fry tip for weight loss is to listen to good audiobooks when you walk and apparently the miles fly by...

Good on you man. I'm having an incredibly hard time trying to gain weight....
Yeah, I myself am not trying to put any weight on but It would be nice if I'd put it on easier. I am skin and bones. I'd have to go on a weight gain diet if I really wanted to. I don't have to think whether I should or shouldn't I eat something, It doesn't even cross my mind. I can scoff away.

Last edited by Paft; 09-13-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #28
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

I find it pretty hard to gain weight too. I've been working out the past three months and have tried to increase calorie and protein intake. Still going pretty slow.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #29
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Yeah I've been weightlifting at the gym 4 days a week, I have fencing training the other two and I've started running on my off day. I'm not strict about it but I'm eating as much as I can and as well as I can as well as drinking protein supplements.

But like... nothing. I'm getting way stronger/faster/etc., but not bigger

Old 09-14-2009, 02:01 AM   #30
wakka

Class/Position: top
Gametype: pwning caroline in bed
I've put on 1.5 Stone (21 lbs) in around 2/3months. Just keep eating, never feel hungry and a cheese toastie before bed is great. don't do any cardio and lift big heavy weights in 3sets say 6reps of each or something. give each muscle at least a full days rest. If you are not putting on weight you are not trying hard enough :P

Gratz to kube though, changing diet is very hard but once you notice the rewards you never go back!

Also like to add that it's important that you have friends who share the same opinions about diet and exercise as it just gives that bit of extra help, and for times you really cant be fucked well then they are there to tell you to keep it up and vice versa.
wakka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2009, 02:08 AM   #31
Etzell
D&A Member

Talking about how you want to gain weight in a thread about Kube dropping 70 pounds already and trying to keep going? Way to go, dicks.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2009, 03:41 AM   #32
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Putting on weight is just as an endeavor for some people as it is losing weight for others. Both require healthy eating and exercise (I mean, you could gain weight just by eating junk food, but that's not the type of weight we're talking about nor want), and a dedication to it. Nothing's wrong with us people promoting living healthy lifestyles through diet and exercise, whatever the purpose is.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #33
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakka View Post
don't do any cardio
Bad advice. You want to be as healthy as possible especially for weight training. Sure, you will gain more weight at the start because you are bulking up on fat and muscle. In the long run though you won't be able to last as long while training. What a lot of people will do is split heavy cardio/weight training into seasons. First season do lifting, second cardio, third lift, fourth cario, repeat.

Quote:
give each muscle at least a full days rest.
I would recommend at least 2 days rest for the muscles you trained (depending on how fast your body repairs muscle fiber you will need more). Otherwise you are just breaking the muscle fiber back down before they have time to fully repair themselves. If your muscles are still sore at all from your previous workout, don't use them again yet!

Quote:
Also like to add that it's important that you have friends who share the same opinions about diet and exercise as it just gives that bit of extra help
This is very true. Especially if you have the type of friends that will slap crappy foods out of your hands when you are about to take a bite.
hlstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2009, 03:29 AM   #34
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Meh, I've heard all manner of things in regard to cardio, but I can't avoid it because of my fencing training schedule, so fuck it. It takes roughly 36 hours I've heard for your muscles to be ready again, but the way I split my workouts I never hit something more than once in three days. I'll get there I know, 'cause I'm disciplined enough, it's just frustrating being a hard gainer.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:52 AM   #35
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast View Post
Meh, I've heard all manner of things in regard to cardio
I'm not a health nut in the slightest but anything I've ever read that has medical support to it says cardio = good. Low intensity exercises burn fat instead of all the ATP stored in your muscles, giving you the ability to exercise in the long term rather than running balls to the wall for 10 minutes and dying. So if you're trying to bulk up with fat, don't do long periods of low intensity exercises. If you're wanting to bulk up with muscle, well, don't just stuff your ass full of protein bars and shakes without calculating the extra calories into your regimen. I don't think a pot belly will help you push any extra weights, lol.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #36
.50bmg
mine is bigger

Class/Position: low class (freaky) / girl on top
Gametype: slap and tickle
Affiliations: :e0: leadership, founder of {FYC}
Send a message via AIM to .50bmg
nice job my friend. i remember when you swore off soda - on a bet from your boss yes? damn fine work.
.50bmg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2010, 07:11 AM   #37
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
how's this goin' cube? I was thinking about it the other day and got to wondering.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #38
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

I'm now down below 400, so I've lost over 65 pounds. I kinda stopped watching what I ate(Still not eating out much) since January, but I'm just getting back into getting shit done again. So by the end of the year, I'm planning on turning that number from 65 to 100 + pounds loss.

Once I hit 350 pounds, I'm planning on buying some roller blades( I love hockey) and a new bike and going to get down to riverside as much as possible here in town and get as much exercise as possible.

Also going to buy me an iPod since I lost my Sony Walkman phone, and my new phone sucks balls for music. I find that I can exercise almost twice as long if I'm listening to music.

And finally, I use a site called www.livestrong.com. I think it's Lance Armstrong's attempt to get more people fit. But basically, I can track all my calories per day as well as calorie loss when I exercise. I have a pedometer so I can find out how long I walk for and it's amazing how taking something like technical data like that, plug it in, and it just works. So I'm able to lose weight the way I want to and getting results.

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 05-30-2010 at 04:53 PM.