Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #61
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPelargos View Post
On a serious note, how about penalizing suicides?

5 seconds even would be great. Would make you think twice about just shooting the ground to respawn with fresh nades . . .
try this right now and share what you find!
9:17 PM - DEXTER: can you teach me how to play o
9:17 PM - squeek.: you jump a lot
9:18 PM - squeek.: and do sweet moves

8:55 PM - FDA: fart in you fridge and blame it on wild animals
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #62
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer View Post
Insta-ban for choosing the sniper class.
banning Mr. HW -> Sniper -> HW Switcher
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #63
oaties

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 38 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
banning Mr. HW -> Sniper -> HW Switcher
I "heard" in the new patch, after you switch classes, changing class for the second time in x amount of time results in a delay.

Inb4 Trailer stops playing Heavy. Now you actually need skill to stay alive! D:
oaties is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #64
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaties View Post
I "heard" in the new patch, after you switch classes, changing class for the second time in x amount of time results in a delay.

Inb4 Trailer stops playing Heavy. Now you actually need skill to stay alive! D:
Good. I hope that change is made. No easy resets, and will make players think twice when changing and reseting back to defense.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #65
XPelargos
I like to spam binds
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scoooooot
Posts Rated Helpful 73 Times
I think I finally know why the sniper feels "off" to me.

It (along with the Heavy) are the only classes without a projectile weapon. Furthermore, his hitscan weapon is the most powerful in the game.

Scout - Nailgun
Soldier - RPG
Demo - Grenades
Medic - Nailgun
Pyro - IC Cannon
Spy - Tranq
Engie - Rail

The way the heavy is balanced is that he does massive damage up close and just chip damage from afar. Whereas the sniper is the opposite.

Every class kills better up close. (Except for extreme close range with soldier and demo with self damage.) The sniper, however, is encouraged to not be around the action. The other 8 classes have to be.

Heck, look at FF: The Movie. The sniper is introduced by . . . fighting another sniper. Every other class was doing something offensive or defensive. This was just a 2fort battlement duel.

They are playing their own game in FF. That is why I hate them.

Thank you all and to all a good night.
XPelargos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #66
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ad.php?t=22073

Start here.

Then make the necessary changes to polish this idea. The sniper isn't an objective class in an objective game, not nearly as much as every other class in the game. It's role is way less effective then anything else in the game. Anyone who disagrees is more then likely a carebear to the class.

Last edited by eomoyaff; 04-15-2012 at 10:16 PM.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #67
Snipe
WhenGasGrenWillBack?

Class/Position: Sniper, Spy
Gametype: Spy Deathmatch
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
I think I finally know why the sniper feels "off" to me.

It (along with the Heavy) are the only classes without a projectile weapon. Furthermore, his hitscan weapon is the most powerful in the game.

Scout - Nailgun
Soldier - RPG
Demo - Grenades
Medic - Nailgun
Pyro - IC Cannon
Spy - Tranq
Engie - Rail
wait... what? maybe im crazy but doesnt the sniper have a nailgun? unless you mean as a MAIN weapon. in that case you are way off. the spies main is not the tranq. the pyros is not the incendiary cannon. the engys is not the railgun. the medics is not the super nailgun. the nailguns are a good backup unless taking out an SG. and the tranq is barely used at all. plus the IC is never used as a main because the pyro isnt suited for long distance battles, its usually only used to ignite through walls and to add another level of fire damage. and the engys railgun is only truly effective on slow or non moving targets (except the 1 or 2 engys that are a PAIN IN MY FUCKIN ASS when they murder me with the damn thing. but theres only a very few who are good with it).

perhaps you would like to try again??? if not i understand.
Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #68
XPelargos
I like to spam binds
Beta Tester

Quarter inserted. Continue? Yes.

When you spawn as scout you hold the nail.
When you spawn as spy you hold the tranq.
When you spawn as medic you hold the nail.
When you spawn as solly you hold the RPG.
When you spawn as demo you hold the nade.
When you spawn as engie you hold the rail.

The shotgun is a staple of almost all Fortress classes While not all these are "main" in the sense of "most shots fired from this weapon", they are "main" in the sense of defining the class' power and role. I'll say that again. "Main" does not mean most used or even most powerful. It means "Class Defining"

The weapons that travel forever (rail, tranq, nails, and RPG) take time to travel long distances. The sniper rifle does not take time to travel long distances and it hurts more than all the others.

Sniper and hw are the only class that spawn holding hitscan weapons. (Pyro is just its own thing, we all agree that class is borked.) You'll also note the sniper is the only class without a shotgun. Sniper's "main" (again, the weapon that DEFINES HIS ROLE! NOT NECESSARILY THE MOST FIRED GUN) is a hitscan. A powerful fucking hitscan. An annoying fucking hitscan.

You also conveniently left out the second half of my post (snipers are playing their own game, and the other 8 classes must close distance to kill vs. he must expand distance, every other hitscan weapon loses power over distance while his gains power, etc.)

In closing, you took a narrow view of the definition of "Main" and deliberately didn't address the crux of my point which I expanded upon.

Perhaps you would like to try again? If not, I understand.

Last edited by XPelargos; 09-04-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #69
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
fucking hitscan

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #70
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
wait... what? maybe im crazy but doesnt the sniper have a nailgun? unless you mean as a MAIN weapon. in that case you are way off. the spies main is not the tranq. the pyros is not the incendiary cannon. the engys is not the railgun. the medics is not the super nailgun. the nailguns are a good backup unless taking out an SG. and the tranq is barely used at all. plus the IC is never used as a main because the pyro isnt suited for long distance battles, its usually only used to ignite through walls and to add another level of fire damage. and the engys railgun is only truly effective on slow or non moving targets (except the 1 or 2 engys that are a PAIN IN MY FUCKIN ASS when they murder me with the damn thing. but theres only a very few who are good with it).

perhaps you would like to try again??? if not i understand.
Don't bring railguns in this, I'll do a triple bounce and one shot you again, and again.
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2012, 03:36 AM   #71
Snipe
WhenGasGrenWillBack?

Quote:
Quarter inserted. Continue? Yes.

When you spawn as scout you hold the nail.
When you spawn as spy you hold the tranq.
When you spawn as medic you hold the nail.
When you spawn as solly you hold the RPG.
When you spawn as demo you hold the nade.
When you spawn as engie you hold the rail.

The shotgun is a staple of almost all Fortress classes While not all these are "main" in the sense of "most shots fired from this weapon", they are "main" in the sense of defining the class' power and role. I'll say that again. "Main" does not mean most used or even most powerful. It means "Class Defining"

The weapons that travel forever (rail, tranq, nails, and RPG) take time to travel long distances. The sniper rifle does not take time to travel long distances and it hurts more than all the others.

Sniper and hw are the only class that spawn holding hitscan weapons. (Pyro is just its own thing, we all agree that class is borked.) You'll also note the sniper is the only class without a shotgun. Sniper's "main" (again, the weapon that DEFINES HIS ROLE! NOT NECESSARILY THE MOST FIRED GUN) is a hitscan. A powerful fucking hitscan. An annoying fucking hitscan.

You also conveniently left out the second half of my post (snipers are playing their own game, and the other 8 classes must close distance to kill vs. he must expand distance, every other hitscan weapon loses power over distance while his gains power, etc.)

In closing, you took a narrow view of the definition of "Main" and deliberately didn't address the crux of my point which I expanded upon.

Perhaps you would like to try again? If not, I understand.
(dont need to insert a quarter to continue, i have a free game)

ok i get this part, but you are still way off. "defines his role" a tranq defines a spys role? fuck no his knife does. supernailgun for medic? no, the fuckin medkit cause guess what.... HES A MEDIC. a nade doesnt define the demo, his pipes do. play as a demo and use nades as your primary source for killing people and tell me how that works out for ya. please.

saying that just because the sniper doesnt spawn with a projectile weapon in hand he feels "off", is the craziest thing i have heard.

and with the snipers playing their own game... would you rather me take out that annoying ass sniper on the opposing team so YOUR SLOW ASS can get across the yard? or would you rather me ignore him and let him MANGLE YOU SO YOU HAVE MORE COMPLAINING TO DO ABOUT SNIPERS???? jesus.... it would be a never ending circle. oh wait, it already is with you sniper haters.

and fuck you ricey. you have already done a triple bounce one shot to me many times already. IT SUCKS YOU JERK.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #72
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
I never had anything against snipers, if you get raped by snipers you need to rethink what you are doing playing video games.

come at me
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #73
Snipe
WhenGasGrenWillBack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eomoyaff View Post
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ad.php?t=22073

Start here.

Then make the necessary changes to polish this idea. The sniper isn't an objective class in an objective game, not nearly as much as every other class in the game. It's role is way less effective then anything else in the game. Anyone who disagrees is more then likely a carebear to the class.
ya know, i read that thread and i have to say the ideas arent to bad. the ideas in there would keep the sniper class and feel but reconfigure him to a more movement based class. Rename class to Marksman. the ideas from the original post that i kinda like are; lower max damage, no charge shot, give AR more ammo and clips but raise the damage so you arent completely helpless at close range, caltrops YES. not too sure about the unsteady hand part or the no scope, and the shotgun thing is pointless cause of the AR. also, leave hp and armor the way it is. Class would be more of a "move move move scout around pick off a few people rinse repeat" type class.

i know people are going to say i am contradicting myself. but ya know what, i am trying to please the sniper haters a lil bit. It would keep the sniper feel, but get rid of the overpoweredness of the class. plus it would make people actually have some skill to use him PROPERLY (not saying sniper requires no skill, im simply saying you would have to have more skill to use him effectively if said changes were made).

EDIT: actually you could lower his hp and armor to match a scouts, but raise speed to match medics. would make it so you wouldnt be able to stay at one place for long, thus reinforcing the role i explained above.

Last edited by Snipe; 09-10-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:17 AM   #74
XPelargos
I like to spam binds
Beta Tester

Replace Sniper with this:

Old 09-21-2012, 03:30 AM   #75
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
GENIUS!
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #76
Gamingmaster000
Banned

Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Dalokohs & Sandvich,I'm 12
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Snipers, hated and overpowered. But isn't that the point of Team Fortress game? Class have their pros and cons and team need to work together to take em out. HW are considered overpowered by some,but he can only deal heavy damage at close to medium.
Snipers deals heavy damage both close up and long ranged without taking any self damage.
The only way to deal with this is to either give a patch that is a reverse falloff damage or remove the sniper from the game completely.
Gamingmaster000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #77
Gamingmaster000
Banned

Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Dalokohs & Sandvich,I'm 12
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
And also I consider sniper as defense class due to their long ranged attack. On CTF maps, snipers are next to useless, they will only enhance with combat with enemy snipers on the sniper deck. But on A/D maps, they will be useful against any enemy as offensive snipers are really stupid. Can you imagine a sniper taking his Auto rifle ad advance with the team?
Gamingmaster000 is offline   Reply With Quote