Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-19-2007, 07:06 AM   #41
o_nicsthom

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Saberwolfs idea: Nice idea to have a ninja, but other then that weapons etc. pretty lame. Maybe instead of wall run you could use a wall jump akin to HL2 ctf. If you dont know what that is, you strafe along a wall and jump, then jump again off the wall. This can only be done once i think, and can be useful to get on ledges and on top of walls (crouching helps). Increased speed would make you jump higher, and since yo have to starfe to do the jump, bhopping would increase your height. Don't want to see this in ff though, there's already enough to be getting on with!

IMO, Imhi's ninja could be a very playable class, some very nice ideas.

Not for FF, i don't think, though. I don't think the devs would look at this for a second. This is team fortress, and ninja is not reallly related.

Got to love the ninja chicken!
o_nicsthom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #42
o_paft

Seriously Saberwolf, what the hell!!!? I'm stuck for words as this is so very stupid.

That's great the you are interested in the creation side of computer games but this is absolutely ridiculous! I actually don't know what to say because you can not see it. It sounds like a 10year olds idea.

Hahaha, oh sorry but pfff hahah. Oh dear.
I hope I don't sound like an arse, have fun.
o_paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #43
o_saberwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsthom
Don't want to see this in ff though, there's already enough to be getting on with!
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paft
Seriously Saberwolf, what the hell!!!? I'm stuck for words as this is so very stupid.

That's great the you are interested in the creation side of computer games but this is absolutely ridiculous! I actually don't know what to say because you can not see it. It sounds like a 10year olds idea.

Hahaha, oh sorry but pfff hahah. Oh dear.
I hope I don't sound like an arse, have fun.
Could you please explain? Is it just because it's a ninja? Or what?
o_saberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 04:55 PM   #44
o_paft

Ok that you want to get into video game design, but to why you thought of this I don't know.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #45
o_saberwolf

If you're set to viewing 20 posts per page, I edited my last post on page 2. Tried to make it more thurough and added went and made some changes.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:11 PM   #46
o_paft

Yeah, I still see why you think this Idea to start out on. You can do all this modeling and what not on a separate personal learning mess around project. Why this had to involve TFC I don't know.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #47
o_paft

Yeah, I still cannot see why you think this is Idea a good learning curve. You can do all this creating and what not on a separate personal learning mess around project. Why this had to involve TFC I don't know.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #48
o_e-dog-tpf-

You can't have a ninja without a Katana!!
o_e-dog-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 08:25 PM   #49
o_saberwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paft
Yeah, I still cannot see why you think this is Idea a good learning curve. You can do all this creating and what not on a separate personal learning mess around project. Why this had to involve TFC I don't know.
Simply because it's a tf mod forum. Trying to apply new ideas to stuff I already like. I was thinking earlier of a ninja vs pirates type thing. Like..idk, there'd be some maps where the ninjas objective would be to assisnate the captain and the pirates had to protect them n'such. Ninjas being fast and sneaky and pirates having a butt load of gun power. Maybe pirate raids the ninjas terrirotry and ninjas have to protect it. I just realized that sounds alot like some TFC maps lol, but honestly, those kind of things are in a bunch of first person shooters. Though I'm not sure i'd want to make a fps, probobly a third person thing. Idk, maybe even an option to switch between First and third. I've always liked games with that option.

And as far as messing around on stuff as a side project, i don't have the right kind of hardware for that right now -_-. Or the education for that matter. Some day...some day.