D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHSTRIKER6666
QUICK, TO THE BATMOBILE

OH, and thing once more: you all TF2 FANBOY-HOMOS are WRONG very so STFU and go off jerk onto your sleeping crab pet. I am right about this very much and if you think not I am right then we shall fight FF_DM man onto man and I show you the humiliations of badgers you noobs.
this is the exactly type of people sobe is talking about.
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2007, 02:31 AM   #162
NewKleer

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
this is the exactly type of people sobe is talking about.
thanks for the insight, i would have never guessed (and his post a few posts back left me like a blind man walking towards the light)
NewKleer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2007, 04:07 AM   #163
PsYcNeT
Black Chancellor

Deathstriker has always been a fresh breath of hilarity, and SobeGreen took his ball and went home months before FF's release, and only came back to express his disdain for the game.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #164
Mike.Gayner

Ouch, peak time and FF is at number 15 with a "staggering" (lol) 195 players. Meanwhile, TF2 (the game that people have to pay for, and which is only a beta for pre-order customers) is sitting pretty with over 5,000 players.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:44 PM   #165
DoC
I M HW

Filter that to servers which actually have people playing........
DoC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2007, 10:04 PM   #166
Sabre
Creg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
And ignore bokko he is just dead set on flaming anyone who finds a problem with FF (suprised less and less people are playing now?). The FF community has some great people in it but there are some (like bokko) who feel as if they were born to defend FF with their dieing breath. That pushes people away.
I'd think twice before jumping to the defence of mike it makes you look equally as child like.
Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2007, 11:25 PM   #167
NewKleer

Ouch, peak time and TF2 is at number 4 with a "staggering" (lol) 6000 players. Meanwhile, CS (the game that advertised TF2 in-game to all the cs newbs for the last year) is sitting pretty with over 110,000 players.
NewKleer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2007, 11:52 PM   #168
Viz79

Well TF2 is on sneak preview with Steam preorders...

But anyway - just my views.. Im a huge TFC fan - I played it soon after its launch after HL and its highlighted some of my best gaming moments bar none. I played it to death, honed my skills as a scout and engineer, found a clan that I still keep in touch with and simply had some experiences Ill always remember.

Now we have TF2 coming out - and looking at all the changes, they seem amazing - the game I knew but now sculpted by Valve themselves to highlight gameplay and tongue in cheek aspects of the original.

Sadly all this time the Fortress Forever guys had been working on bringing an up to date version of the original for all of us oldies to play and if TF2 didnt exist, it really would be something else. I mean - it still 'is' something else but I am unsure just what the future holds for this mod. Never in the past to my knowledge has a mod had this problem - its launched to bring an old flagging mod up to date for all its hardcore fans at the VERY time its original creators are bringing an update of the original that has been 9 years in the waiting (and looks and seems like it is not going to remotely disappoint).

Dystopia and other mods seem to have shown its very hard to gain popularity for online mods - especially in this case when a mod is sitting in the shadow of a larger official one. The biggest issue with FF seems to be that with years in TFC people may have wanted to move on now to something new and different but in the same TF world - and thats TF2. Even with wonderful visuals and tuned gameplay, one may want to move on from those old memories since TF2 awaits.

Im glad the FF guys have created such a wonderful module and I do wish them the best for being so passionate. Valve seems to have shown them recognition from their comments on the work but honestly 'in my opinion' I can only imagine FF being played in a scarce number of servers by a few hardcore TFCers that just want to play the same old game with up to date graphics. It looks like TF2 may get very popular with lots of new players and will scoop up most of those waiting all this time from the original. It won't leave many other players and of course many won't even know of this mods existence either....

Doom and gloom perhaps, but good luck and all the best to you - I always felt the TF2 vs FF inevitable clash in the future was one heck of a David vs Goliath. But in this case does Goliath have any thing in his slingshot to take out the newer and fresh TF2?

Old 10-05-2007, 12:31 PM   #169
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre
I'd think twice before jumping to the defence of mike it makes you look equally as child like.
Wasn't defending him. I was pointing out my past experience with bokko.
SoBe Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 01:14 PM   #170
Rehab

Affiliations: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viz79
Well TF2 is on sneak preview with Steam preorders...

But anyway - just my views.. Im a huge TFC fan - I played it soon after its launch after HL and its highlighted some of my best gaming moments bar none. I played it to death, honed my skills as a scout and engineer, found a clan that I still keep in touch with and simply had some experiences Ill always remember.

Now we have TF2 coming out - and looking at all the changes, they seem amazing - the game I knew but now sculpted by Valve themselves to highlight gameplay and tongue in cheek aspects of the original.

Sadly all this time the Fortress Forever guys had been working on bringing an up to date version of the original for all of us oldies to play and if TF2 didnt exist, it really would be something else. I mean - it still 'is' something else but I am unsure just what the future holds for this mod. Never in the past to my knowledge has a mod had this problem - its launched to bring an old flagging mod up to date for all its hardcore fans at the VERY time its original creators are bringing an update of the original that has been 9 years in the waiting (and looks and seems like it is not going to remotely disappoint).

Dystopia and other mods seem to have shown its very hard to gain popularity for online mods - especially in this case when a mod is sitting in the shadow of a larger official one. The biggest issue with FF seems to be that with years in TFC people may have wanted to move on now to something new and different but in the same TF world - and thats TF2. Even with wonderful visuals and tuned gameplay, one may want to move on from those old memories since TF2 awaits.

Im glad the FF guys have created such a wonderful module and I do wish them the best for being so passionate. Valve seems to have shown them recognition from their comments on the work but honestly 'in my opinion' I can only imagine FF being played in a scarce number of servers by a few hardcore TFCers that just want to play the same old game with up to date graphics. It looks like TF2 may get very popular with lots of new players and will scoop up most of those waiting all this time from the original. It won't leave many other players and of course many won't even know of this mods existence either....

Doom and gloom perhaps, but good luck and all the best to you - I always felt the TF2 vs FF inevitable clash in the future was one heck of a David vs Goliath. But in this case does Goliath have any thing in his slingshot to take out the newer and fresh TF2?
Well said sir.
Rehab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #171
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

Yes, sobe was just contributing with one of his many off topic posts that don't make any sense. And by doing so also defending the local forum troll, though he is apparently not capable of realising this. Because Gayner is a troll, his last few posts make it very clear, I'm kind of at loss as to what the admins are doing.
bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #172
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
if i had the power, gayner would be gone.

but i dont, so all i (and everyone else besides the almighties) can do is refrain from feeding teh trollz0rz. so just help us out in doing that.
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #173
D3pth
ModCenter Site Director

Send a message via ICQ to D3pth Send a message via AIM to D3pth Send a message via MSN to D3pth Send a message via Yahoo to D3pth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner
Ouch, peak time and FF is at number 15 with a "staggering" (lol) 195 players. Meanwhile, TF2 (the game that people have to pay for, and which is only a beta for pre-order customers) is sitting pretty with over 5,000 players.
What is your point here exactly? It's clear that you don't like Fortress Forever, and that's cool, you're entitled to your opinion. What I can't figure out is why you keep dissing on the game. Has the development team somehow screwed you over and thus justifies your continued berating of the game here? Or perhaps are you set on trying to "convince" Fortress Forever's fans that the game sucks? If that's the case, why? As you stated yourself so many times, TF2 has plenty of players so why make it your mission to destroy the "remains" of this "dead" modification?

If you don't like Fortress Forever and enjoy TF2, then go play TF2! As a fan of both games, I don't appreciate your blatant flame-baiting, thread-destroying behavior on here and I doubt anyone else does either. Get off your soapbox; we already heard your speech, and as you can see, nobody cares.
D3pth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #174
DEATHSTRIKER6666
expert

CHILL
-edit by 4est

Last edited by 4est; 10-05-2007 at 08:44 PM.
DEATHSTRIKER6666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 08:32 PM   #175
Mike.Gayner

You're right that FF and TF2 are entirely different games - so why does this community feel so threatened by it? They should allow free and open discussion, rather than bashing TF2 every time it's mentioned.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #176
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
You're right that FF and TF2 are entirely different games - so why does this community feel so threatened by it? They should allow free and open discussion, rather than bashing TF2 every time it's mentioned.
It's an odd thing to go into someone's house and praise the neighbor's house.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #177
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss
if i had the power, gayner would be gone.

but i dont, so all i (and everyone else besides the almighties) can do is refrain from feeding teh trollz0rz. so just help us out in doing that.
You DO have a banstick now.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:45 PM   #178
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:
Some might be threathened by TF2.

Most FF players are not threathened by it. Rather, they're pissed that certain people register on the FF forum for the sole purpose of demoting FF and insisting on a doom/gloom forcast, while at same time NOT bringing any constructive suggestions, AND using steam stats to brag about a steam supported game.

Try this analogy:
Every time you order pizza, the same jackass pizza delivery guys goes out of their way to bring notices to you that your house sucks, especially compared to the ones immediately surrounding yours, and when you ask the jackass delivery guys to not bring you those kinds of notices because you ordered pizza, not some real-estate evaluation, the jackass delivery guys insist that its true and bring the notices to you anyway, even when you remodel parts of your house. Constantly. Every single time you order. Never missed a beat to rub it in. And the new pizza delivery guys, go out of their way, to deliver pizza to you, so they can tell you how much your house sucks.

Sigh.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #179
EngeeMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Uudge
Some might be threathened by TF2.

Most FF players are not threathened by it. Rather, they're pissed that certain people register on the FF forum for the sole purpose of demoting FF and insisting on a doom/gloom forcast, while at same time NOT bringing any constructive suggestions, AND using steam stats to brag about a steam supported game.

Try this analogy:
Every time you order pizza, the same jackass pizza delivery guys goes out of their way to bring notices to you that your house sucks, especially compared to the ones immediately surrounding yours, and when you ask the jackass delivery guys to not bring you those kinds of notices because you ordered pizza, not some real-estate evaluation, the jackass delivery guys insist that its true and bring the notices to you anyway, even when you remodel parts of your house. Constantly. Every single time you order. Never missed a beat to rub it in. And the new pizza delivery guys, go out of their way, to deliver pizza to you, so they can tell you how much your house sucks.

Sigh.
That is a horrible analogy and not even remotely close to what is going on.

What is pizza supposed to be? Posting? And your house has nothing to do with the pizza while here posting about fortress forever doing badly has everything to do with fortress forever.
EngeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2007, 03:22 AM   #180
Private_Joker
a fucking comedian
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout and Medic
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Private_Joker
I like your point druudge, but you need to work on your eloquence :-p

Principal: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison: Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.

-Joker
Private_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote