Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 08-26-2005, 05:37 PM   #141
o_soulcutter

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I bought this game a couple weeks ago, just recently returned to these forums and figured I'd give my input.

I knew this game was golden my first day of playing:

An enemy APC is bearing down on me as I'm lieing prone sniping people with my spec ops rifle. I see it coming and don't know what else to do so keep lieing there and move over a little bit so the wheels don't run me over. I didn't expect to live, but the APC actually ran clear over me and I survived by being ducked underneath it. That's when I knew I found something special.

Fantastic game but INCREDIBLY frustrated when your squad is a bunch of lonewolfs. A good squad working together is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced in video games.
o_soulcutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2005, 05:47 PM   #142
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
why some people join a squad then ignore orders i do not know. same goes for squad leaders ignoring commanders. being able to respawn next to your squad leader has gotta be one the best things in the game. one competent, well equipped squad on foot is more powerful than any shitty vehicle.

for example, your squad leader plays sniper, takes up a point on the high ground for the rest of the squad to act as a forward respawn point, and the rest of the squad plays as say two medics, two AT guys, and a support guy. this sort of organised firepower can overcome almost any point, and failing that, have two squads and/or have armor/air support.
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2005, 06:13 PM   #143
o_soulcutter

^

Whenever I'm the squad leader I try to stay out of action to let my squad respawn on me. As it ends up they usually don't listen to me anyways though.
o_soulcutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2005, 06:21 PM   #144
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

wehey, theres already lame nazi admins on the servers....

i was playing on a knives/pistols only server, and i noticed an admin using grenades, so i threw one, and killed someone. he started whining to fuck, someone asked whether capping points was allowed, they replied yes. i asked whether i was allowed to use grenades. the guy i killed with one says NO! i reply with a statement saying "well if theres a no grenade rule then everyone playing, including admins should abide by it." i was promptly banned.

sucks ass when people give themselves their own set of rules to follow

Old 08-26-2005, 07:36 PM   #145
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Mulchman MM Send a message via AIM to Mulchman MM Send a message via MSN to Mulchman MM Send a message via Yahoo to Mulchman MM Send a message via Skype™ to Mulchman MM
mulchman on xfire

join me!!! im est timezone in the usa.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:10 PM   #146
o_broodingdude

ST3Games.net

I am usually on the Seattle T3 Servers, or the LAX Demo Server 1 or 2.

The guys over at the ST3 servers usually squad it up, because most of the regs found that capping is easier if you have a leader playing support or sniper. Last night I was on Marines and there were 4 whole squads! We raped MEC 393-0. I got switched to the other side ( I was 2nd in individual score) and all of the MEC fools were lonewolfing it. Fortunately, some other guys got switched too so we formed a couple of squads. The game was pretty much dead even (we still lost by 10-15 tickets, though). Beautiful. Both commanders were competent, at least. Although one guy got booted by admin for doing absolutely nothing and ignoring requests.

We snagged an APC at the hotel and went out to the carrier and wreaked holy hell on it. I bailed when we arrived and got up in the carrier with 4 of my squad, one stayed behind and got killed, but spawned by me. all 6 of us were in position around the top level. 2 sniping, 2 specs, 1 support (me) and 1 medic. I wanted one more as medic but.. oh well. Fun stuff. They finally got me (as leader) and quickly mopped up the rest, but we managed to hold on for 12 minutes, to try and give the rest of the team the advantage of air. Not more than 5 minutes later the round ended... still good stuff.
o_broodingdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2005, 02:48 AM   #147
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Mulchman MM Send a message via AIM to Mulchman MM Send a message via MSN to Mulchman MM Send a message via Yahoo to Mulchman MM Send a message via Skype™ to Mulchman MM
God this game is so much fun. Add me to your xfire [nick: mulchman] (or download xfire and add me) and I'll get you on the FF ventrilo and jesse will fly our asses to victory after 9 beers or so... god it's so much fun when you've got a decent squad.

Defrag, buy a frickin mic already.

Old 08-27-2005, 03:50 AM   #148
o_zsilver_fox

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Ok, that's it, I am SOOO buying this game when I have a good rig and the price drops!
o_zsilver_fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2005, 07:34 AM   #149
o_osiris

I got the game about a week ago and I think I've found my true calling. Medic, and sniper are my favourites, with SpecOps next on the list. But nothing, and I mean NOTHING beats repeatedly taking out a loaded blackhawk with a tank from extreme distances. Im becoming quite a good Hawk hunting in a tank and I can snipe them down from crazy distances sometimes clearing out the entire thing (excluding the pilot) with only the small machinegun on the turret (Not the top, mountable gun).
o_osiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2005, 07:43 AM   #150
o_nezumi

Is anyone going to be in/near/just north of Seattle on Labor day weekend? There's a little BF2 lan-get together at my place on that day. (Just four of us). If we can get a whole squad together...

Just drop me a pm, or something...
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2005, 07:59 AM   #151
o_osiris

Im north of seattle in Vancouver, and I will not go to your little "lan" thingy majig, but I will play against you online sometime.

Old 08-27-2005, 06:53 PM   #152
o_saintrancid-tpf-

heres some -TPF- Bf2 servers:

http://www.teamplayfirst.com/servers/

One is actually located in dallas. i think there are more now but that page isn't up to date....

SERVER NAME: Teamplayfirst Amsterdam
IP: 205.234.220.145:16567
MAX PLAYERS: 32
RANKED: Yes

i think we got one more rank server from the guys of Buffalo Brigade too.

hope to see ya guys on the battlefield!
o_saintrancid-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2005, 08:52 AM   #153
o_nezumi

Well, if you see a certain Platanov (me), Hype^.exe, superjerdotcom, and Gnyevko in Charles Squad...

... look out. 8D

Old 08-28-2005, 12:59 PM   #154
o_osiris

I know that I've seen (and killed) atleast one of you guys, though I cant remember which exactly.

If you see me (L33t_Ninja) in the "Hawkhunter" squad, usually solo. Get the fuck out of the blackhawk, or you will die. It's becoming a fact now.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:02 PM   #155
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

i dunno, the blackhawk's pretty ownage due to its sky high ROF, thats exactly the downfall of the chinese/mec transport chopper - it cant shoot for shit, so is basically a flying body bag.

umm yea, the blackhawk rules!

EDIT: in other news, i was playing on clean sweep, and i got moaned at because i sucked at dogfighting (i can fly a plane competently, just can't lose a fighter jet off my tail)... was i in the wrong for trying to help my team by doing bombing runs? (and occasionally shooting the odd aircraft down when the opportunity came)

Old 08-29-2005, 11:02 AM   #156
o_nezumi

I feel your pain Merv. People in Battlefield are all bitchess (Who run into your claymores then punish you). The community for that game is remarkably unfriendly. It probably has something to do with their stats being on the line if you get in their way (Like this --> )

Old 08-29-2005, 12:20 PM   #157
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

i stopped laying mines because i kept getting tk banned i think the mines should only blow up vehicles that the enemy is in... but then that makes it a "smart" mine or something... and really, how's a mine to know who's exactly in a vehicle? :P

anyway, for the most part i've had good luck w/ people in pubs... at least w/ people in air vehicles...

Old 08-29-2005, 05:11 PM   #158
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

like i said, the blame should be passed onto the idiot who ran over it.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:16 PM   #159
o_tennovan

Jesse can fly a friggin helicopter. He took turns flying Mulch and I around the other day and we seriously took out probably 10-15 people a run before having to turn back around for health/supplies.

And for those wondering, 1GB ram makes a whole hell of a lot of difference. After I put in this second 512 stick, I turned all my settings to medium and it no longer stutters. Badass.
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2005, 07:45 PM   #160
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

my GOD.... ive only realised now how fucking overpowered the blackhawk helicopter is - i was on the receiving end of one (despite being on the USMC team) for the best part of 2 rounds on masutuur city or whatever its called

its TOO EASY for a gunner to just wipe a whole squad out. i dont find that stupid amount of firepower welcome to a game, unless of course, there was an AA class, but there isnt. theres near enough fuck all in the way of air defense as it is. id like to see the blackhawk guns downgraded to a heavy machine gun or an M249 SAW, then lets see those BH whores do their thing :D

also, theres too many heavy vehicles on offer. that pisses me off when only 2 classes are sufficiently equipped to destroy them