Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
the death dispenser

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I was banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity View Post
Yeah I dunno, on one side they probably are eliminating some players and can occasionally be overzealous about some things, on the other hand, I'm guessing most of their bans are justified and make for a more civil environment. I've played O-T off and on for a long time and have never been banned, though I got kicked twice. Once for spamming in fightyard (which I thought was silly, it's practically a DM map), and once for being AFK (oops). I have seen some kicks for guilt of association with one player causing trouble, but it's been very rare.

And yeah, 2 players not playing one server I doubt makes any difference at all regarding the mod.

Well over zealous is quite an understatement. I was playing on one of the two servers for this game today. The afore mentioned OT server. My 9 year old son tried to join me and was banned. Then when I asked why my 9 year old might be banned I was promptly banned as well. I guess that question was a bit out of line lol. I know 6 people who have played this mod. ALL of them are banned at that server. So lets be frank here. The admins there are jerks. With that kind of thing going on and with there being so few servers, this mod will never have a chance to grow. It's a real shame as this is a much better game than tf2 will ever be. No one wants to play with abusive admins. You may think that 2 players wouldn't make a difference. I suspect the total number is significantly higher than that. Which is the difference between a populated game and what we have here, a game with so few users it cannot in its present form gain an audience.

Last edited by [AE] 82694; 05-06-2010 at 06:29 PM.