Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 03-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
thesniper_hun

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Please someone play :(

I want to try out this game really bad i just downloaded it and every servers(every 17) is empty! 0/0 players thats really sad because this is a good game as far as i see but i don't know because i don't have the chance to try it!
Did the tutorial training 10 times hoping to unlock something like playing with bots but nothing Pls we need people to play this game!
thesniper_hun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
okay first off there are no bots in this game. (guy working on them abandoned it.) secondly relax take a deep breath we have people who generally play everyday. however you have to wait till about 5 pm central standard time for people to start getting on. the mornings afternoons rarely anyone plays cept maybe on the weekends. (as far as pubs go anyways.)

why so desperate to play?

Edit: im gonna be on later today.

people are on right now FYI. (in euro server.)
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!

Last edited by WiFiDi; 03-29-2013 at 04:20 PM.
WiFiDi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
Agent Buckshot Moose
Wiki Standards Team
Wiki Team

Class/Position: Sniper/Demoman
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: :e0: Co-leader
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesniper_hun View Post
I want to try out this game really bad i just downloaded it and every servers(every 17) is empty! 0/0 players thats really sad because this is a good game as far as i see but i don't know because i don't have the chance to try it!
Did the tutorial training 10 times hoping to unlock something like playing with bots but nothing Pls we need people to play this game!
What time zone are you in? The game is most active during US east/central evening. If you're in Europe, their activity seems to come and go in spurts. Sometimes there will be a bunch of Europeans on during their evening--but currently they don't seem to be too active.

Edit: There are currently 6 people on a European server.

Last edited by Agent Buckshot Moose; 03-29-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Agent Buckshot Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
Rck

Euros not too active? There is a good 4-5 of us mostly online after 9pm GMT. Me, Wubz, GuY, Mnz... and more.
Rck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
Agent Buckshot Moose
Wiki Standards Team
Wiki Team

Class/Position: Sniper/Demoman
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: :e0: Co-leader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rck View Post
Euros not too active? There is a good 4-5 of us mostly online after 9pm GMT. Me, Wubz, GuY, Mnz... and more.
4 to 5 people don't really fall under "active," unfortunately, when compared to the US servers which get 10 to 16 people on a pretty regular basis. I realize some of those people are European players, but I don't think there are enough people playing in Europe to have pubs full of European players on a regular basis.
Agent Buckshot Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #6
[TALOS]Smoke

Class/Position: Demo Defense
Affiliations: [TALOS]
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
The [TALOS] server usually has people playing in the US evening hours, I would be in more but I'm working on a map

Last edited by [TALOS]Smoke; 04-01-2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: durrrrrrr
[TALOS]Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
Rck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Buckshot Moose View Post
4 to 5 people don't really fall under "active," unfortunately, when compared to the US servers which get 10 to 16 people on a pretty regular basis. I realize some of those people are European players, but I don't think there are enough people playing in Europe to have pubs full of European players on a regular basis.
Depends on your definition and context of active. Those of us who play are active, if however you are looking at the entire Euro population then no, we dont have an active "community"

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TALOS]Smoke View Post
The [TALOS] server usually has people playing in the US evening hours, I would be in more but I'm working on a map
3 weeks ago I would agree with you that this would be a good place for him to start. I started my first FF game on there then and it was good fun. Lately there appears to be 2/3 people who seem to go out their way to abuse and generally annoy the people on the server. One guy named Beeper Bob seems particularly spiteful to anyone who has the audacity to be playing the game for less than the 1 millionth time.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
[TALOS]Smoke

Class/Position: Demo Defense
Affiliations: [TALOS]
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rck View Post
3 weeks ago I would agree with you that this would be a good place for him to start. I started my first FF game on there then and it was good fun. Lately there appears to be 2/3 people who seem to go out their way to abuse and generally annoy the people on the server. One guy named Beeper Bob seems particularly spiteful to anyone who has the audacity to be playing the game for less than the 1 millionth time.
I haven't been in the server in about that long, I'll let Nos, Totse, and Skywalker know that there is someone griefing players, and someone will handle it. As for me, I'll try to get in to the server more often to see if we can't curb this.
Thanks for the heads up
[TALOS]Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
Rck

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TALOS]Smoke View Post
I haven't been in the server in about that long, I'll let Nos, Totse, and Skywalker know that there is someone griefing players, and someone will handle it. As for me, I'll try to get in to the server more often to see if we can't curb this.
Thanks for the heads up
Good to hear some action will be taken. He joined the pickup channel last week with a bit of an outburst as well complaining about the developers of the game... maybe he just had a bad week but he was out of order on both the server and IRC

Tags
0/0, empty, players