Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Old 03-07-2008, 02:26 AM   #1
Vicious
Nothing left to believe in

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
My Preds (and a little rant)

So apparently the team with the least points deserve a week off, not the team with the most. Anyways here's my preds:

KBN [0-1] vs. BYE [0-0]
I still hold that KBN is one of the best teams in the league. Look for them to kill their week off.
KBN 1 vs BYE 0

sYn [1-0] vs AE [1-0]
sYn is well versed in openfire and is rolling after their victory last week. AE's in high spirits, but they will soon be crushed.
sYn 350 vs AE 200

fx [1-0] vs goodfellas [1-0]
Another match where someone has to lose their first. I wrote it last week, I'll write it again. fx. brings it home.
fx. 300 vs goodfellas 270

SNAFU [0-1] vs shit [0-1]
I see a rebound in a big way for SNAFU this week. Look for their offense to dominate on this O-friendly map. High scoring game all around.
SNAFU 350 vs shit 300

o' [0-1] vs eO [0-1]
eO fought an EXCELLENT match last week. I FULLY expect to see them remember and ride off of that. BIG comeback week and win for eO.
o' 180 vs eO 280
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
Wow lol thanks for the props vic. I dont know if we will do that good, but Ofire is our map.. well at least my map. gg pickups ftw! rodox, your going to own us with your pipes, ill be ready!

btw, might want to use only one thread for all our preds, keeps the sub-section nice and neat

(lol me again with my OCD on neatness in threads)
Nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
Titan`

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
priceless bud, priceless.
Titan` is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #4
Zatoichi

vic your my fearless leader and a super stud, but i have to disagree with 2 preds.

SNAFU: while they are great guys and i love hellfish, they are more in it for fun i think..on top of that, their reaction times in our match against them would suggest a real low fps. i look at snafu O picking it up this time but falling short..thats if they dont forfeit(i only say this cause of the frustration last week).400-200 shit

eO: ive played with a couple O guys in pubs and half the eO guys as well, and even though i loved the masterbation talk in ae eo match, i dont think it will lift them over O's D wall..another close one though 230-180 O
Zatoichi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
Vicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi
vic your my fearless leader and a super stud
Is so so true.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #6
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi
vic your my fearless leader and a super stud, but i have to disagree with 2 preds.

SNAFU: while they are great guys and i love hellfish, they are more in it for fun i think..on top of that, their reaction times in our match against them would suggest a real low fps. i look at snafu O picking it up this time but falling short..thats if they dont forfeit(i only say this cause of the frustration last week).400-200 shit

eO: ive played with a couple O guys in pubs and half the eO guys as well, and even though i loved the masterbation talk in ae eo match, i dont think it will lift them over O's D wall..another close one though 230-180 O
rofl! long live the masterbation talk
Nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #7
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
So apparently the team with the least points deserve a week off, not the team with the most. Anyways here's my preds:
trust me...this wasn't an easy decision and everyone will get their share of BYE's unless we can get another clan to sign up soon!
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
VinnytheBoss
Boss 4 all da rite reasons

Class/Position: O scout/med D sol/demo
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Founder of the Goodfellas.
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
you predict against us once...shame on you.....you predict against us twice...shame on me....your about to understand the power of the fellas
VinnytheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #9
Vicious

I hope.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #10
Gator-
FF God

Class/Position: Scout O, Medic O, Demo D/O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF 4v4
Affiliations: [milkwood] ( GoodFellas )
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Gator- Send a message via MSN to Gator- Send a message via Yahoo to Gator-
ghostbuster claims that they have beat fx multiple times....we've scrimed fx a couple times (beat em).... can't see them winning.
Gator- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #11
Vicious

But did you play the best fx has to offer?

Old 03-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #12
tml
make it rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTiger
ghostbuster claims that they have beat fx multiple times....we've scrimed fx a couple times (beat em).... can't see them winning.
yeah, last i checked fx doesnt have the offense. but they might have changed their roster.. i dunno. what d are you guys running? demo,ng,sol ?
tml is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2008, 03:56 AM   #13
Gator-
FF God

Class/Position: Scout O, Medic O, Demo D/O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF 4v4
Affiliations: [milkwood] ( GoodFellas )
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Gator- Send a message via MSN to Gator- Send a message via Yahoo to Gator-
You just lost another easy pred vicious! Fellas wins by a huge margin
Gator- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #14
Vicious

Actually, my friend, I was wrong on EVERY SINGLE MATCH.

I am truly ashamed. Almost too embarassed to point out my wrongs, but I am a man, so I must. Also, I'm adding the write-ups so you can see the winning leaders POV. I think it's a snazzy idea. It also links screen and demos sometimes, so more fun for everyone!

SNAFU [0-2] vs. shit [1-1]
I don't know the whole story but it ended up with a SNAFU forfeit. Something went wrong with the scheduling (some say it's accident, some say it's shady) and no match was played. shit wins by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by match writeup
Saw post on forums late, replied and said it had to be tonight. Went to IRC to find anyone tonight, no FF players for SNAFU online. Don't wanna post a forfeit win in preseason especially, but we can't play later and can't really reschedule anytime so......gg
.o' [1-1] 150 vs. eO [0-2] 110
What can I say? Didn't know .o' and know some eO members. Went with the ones I knew. 100-50 in the first round favoring .o' and 50-60 in the second favoring eO.

Quote:
A bit spammy. PANDA BEAR MANDESS HOUR.
[sYn] [1-1] 100 vs AE [2-0] 160
This game (being the only one I got to see :*( ) Gets my game of the week, but only round 2. Round 1 (100-50) had MAJOR miscommunications on part of sYn's Defensive structure and led to an easy win for the Asseaters. Round two lead to a 20 minute swing run by the desperate sYn engineer (me) which lead to a 60-50 victory for AE. GG all around! Gratz!

Quote:
sYn played one hell of match both rounds. We really appreciate the GOOD sportsmanship. It was one hell of a game. Round 2 was anybodies game until the fat lady sung. Thanks for all the effort guys see you in regular season.

====================================
Screenshots:
Round 1
Round 2
SourceTV Demos:
Round 2
fx. [1-1] 70 vs. Goodfellas [2-0] 280
Bad blood flew before and after the match, with Goodfellas controversial write-up following their victory as well as the "Watch Vinny Do His Hair" video that came soon after. For those of you that DON'T check the results page and writeups following, I'll post it here:

Quote:
What can I say, we came in unprepared with a 5 minute late strategy; it seemed to work quite well. I personally wanted to run 2 soldier and 1 demo, but Mr.Trent decided to play engineer instead (which did work, good call). We connect to fx.'s server at around 9:12....all of us are in there, waiting for their 5th to connect. Time passes by,
they extend the prematch, and they decide not to make it live (was around 9:21...way late). Titan finally connects (what kind of leader is he coming in that late) and they restart the server again. Two more minutes in the prematch, we wait, and go live at around 9:24, quite ridiculous.

Round 1:
bobbylight, exoskeletal, gator, hoopajoo, and trent

Round1:
The match begins with fx's running a heavy, a demo, and a soldier playing in the yard/battlements all match long. The strategy was quite a failure and we kept capping constantly, bringing home a total of 20 caps. I'm not sure but our D decided to give them at least one cap to make them feel better.

Round 2:
gator, hoopajoo, dche, trent, exoskeletal
My team decides not to listen and switch our defense up, allowing fx to have a huge advantage. We ran people who didn't play "x" class and such, allowing Features- to believe for a second that he was doing at least decent. I just wish the goodfellas would follow the leader's strategy and listen to what was requested for the match. Anyways, their defense decided to copy our 5 minute late strategy to try to hold us. Without a doubt, they were given a chance to hold us somewhat better this round since their offense kept OvOing (I shouldn't say offense, I should simply say Features-) our offense, leaving us with 50-20% left of our health. We manage to still get more caps regardless of their unsportsmanlike play.

I now take a look and compared the KBN match and this Fx one. I will say that KBN has a lot more skill out there than these guys and also prefer to play clean regardless if OvO/Yard D is allowed; we could have done the same to Fx. and destroy them even more. I hope we don't have to play this shit talking clan in a while.

Good Game Fortress Extreme ... lol

Screenshots:
Round 1
Round 2
SourceTV Demos:
Round 1
Round 2

Last edited by Dr.Satan; 03-14-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:20 PM   #15
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Good job on the preds and very good of you to post the results...takes a lot to admit your wrong and especially to point out where and how!

Fixed the links for you to the SS and Demo's that were provided.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #16
Vicious

Nice of you to say, now when do we get next week's opponent list?? lol

Old 03-15-2008, 12:54 AM   #17
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team