Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Lua

Old 02-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
R22B

Class/Position: Sniper / Defensive
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Is this possible?

I'm just wondering about the LUA side of things. I dont know CRAP about Lua (although I do program.) I just dont know how capable it is.

Map Idea
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Red and Blue Team:
Primary Objective: capture the opposing team’s flag!
Secondary Objective: disable security to allow your team to take the shortcut into the opposing team’s base.

Green Team:
Green will be a sniper team – which will be capped at a certain amount of players. There will be a few spawn points that the green team will be able to spawn into. Their goal is just to kill everything in sight. This works great for players that are more concerned about the Kill and Death ratio… or that just like to snipe.

Yellow Team:
Yellow team protects security switches for both red and blue. These security switches control lasers that allow players to take a shortcut into the bases. These shortcuts will make a difference so that the enemy team would want to disable security, but wouldn’t have to. This base would be setup for pure defense in mind. There will be a lot of ledges and so on. Primary security would have to be disabled to reach the short-cut security. Don’t worry yellow or green won’t be able to deactivate security for the opposing team.

Yellow’s score will be counted similar to dustbowl, they longer they hold off the opposing teams, the higher the score. Yellow will get score while both defenses are enabled. If one of the team’s defenses is disabled, they get half score and if both securities are disabled, yellow gets no score (or deduction in score).
R22B is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #2
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Yes, that is entirely possible. All that stuff is just the tip of the iceberg of lua's capabilities. See impact, hunted, cz2, dm_squeek, etc for what lua is truly capable of.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote