Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2005, 11:47 PM   #21
o_turtle

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag
The physics can be applied or ignored on a per-case basis, so no they won't affect TF gameplay unless we want the physics system to do just that.
Sorry to bring back this topic but, I feel like you don't know what I mean.

Well, I'm sure you do since it was a big element in TFC. Almost every player does this to get around faster and what-not. I just want to make sure though...

Will this new engine allow things such as, conc launching? Can I still launch my team-mates for the hell of it?(such as if I were to be a sniper, I could charge my shot as long as I felt, then once I let go it would launch my teammate across the map. I could also launch peeps with a rocket launcher, or denoman's conc-gun) What about the medic's secondary gernade, does it still launch him/her into the air?

Things related to that....
o_turtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2005, 11:49 PM   #22
o_eat

Conc launching has been discussed and I think we might find the time to add it to FF.
o_eat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2005, 01:37 PM   #23
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
The denoman's conc-gun owned
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2005, 09:33 PM   #24
o_vanquish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag
The physics can be applied or ignored on a per-case basis, so no they won't affect TF gameplay unless we want the physics system to do just that.
Sorry to bring back this topic but, I feel like you don't know what I mean.

Well, I'm sure you do since it was a big element in TFC. Almost every player does this to get around faster and what-not. I just want to make sure though...

Will this new engine allow things such as, conc launching? Can I still launch my team-mates for the hell of it?(such as if I were to be a sniper, I could charge my shot as long as I felt, then once I let go it would launch my teammate across the map. I could also launch peeps with a rocket launcher, or denoman's conc-gun) What about the medic's secondary gernade, does it still launch him/her into the air?

Things related to that....
It wouldn't be a TFC port if you weren't able to, and seeing as how they've stated that they want it as close to the original TFC as possible with bug fixes and improvements, then yes they already have answered your question.
o_vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2005, 07:57 AM   #25
o_sobe green

Honestly I hope TF2 is a good way down the road. While I have been waiting to play it since it was first announced, I also see that Valve needs more experience with their own engine. CS:S and HL2DM are buggy enough as it is. Not to mention DoD:S should be around the corner somewhere. Valve has a full plate, and they should eat a little before getting more. Also you can't forget VAC2 is also in development. I place it a VERY high priority as its the only anti-cheat with severe consequences.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote