Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
I should record a video of OL's nights... Bridget would never download it.
I'm having a hard time as it is. When night comes, I dash to the nearest building and hide there on a high surface with shotgun in hand until morning, when I hear the slightest dog bark, I spin around and start unloading into the brush, I shit bricks when I accidentally step into anomalies, and so on. I've been to the garbage and beyond, and after running all the way back to Cordon, I'm reluctant to run all the way back. (I made the mistake of not doing all the jobs in the same town before moving on to another) Hah.. All this and I've yet to run into an actual zombie/bloodsucker/controller/etc. (Well, I've ran into fleshes, but they're not that scary.) I know once I stop being a wuss, This is going to be an enjoyable game.

Also, did anyone notice the item in the starting village of Cordon? I won't mention what it is nor where it is because it might spoil the game for other players, but around there's something useful for beginning the game. :P
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2008, 02:02 AM   #42
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Ah, the merc suit in the crate?
BTW, where the hell do you get your Streklok's AK74? i went into the stash, nothing there
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2008, 04:49 AM   #43
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
It's under the table or some shit. Hunt around, hold your "Use" key to highlight item names.

Unrelated: OL nights are solid black. All you can see is the moon, maybe the road reflects a little if you're lucky. You gotta rely on your flashlight or nightvision.

On the plus side, this makes sneaking ridiculously easy, gives suits with nightvision a HUGE boost in usefulness (press N), and there's one extra bonus: OL includes a sleeping bag. So long as nothing's hostile in your immediate vicinity you can rest for up to 5 hours at a time. Just make sure you eat first.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:42 AM   #44
greenday5494
D&A Member

damn it, i wish my asshole friend didnt reveal the identity of Strelok. Is there any more twists?

Old 12-26-2008, 08:06 AM   #45
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
damn it, i wish my asshole friend didnt reveal the identity of Strelok. Is there any more twists?
Rosebud was his sled :ninjalaugh:

There are multiple endings that are based, supposedly, on how you played.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2008, 10:06 PM   #46
Bridget
Banned

SPOILER ALERT?: By the way, for anyone who did not know (GD?) if you run to the Garbage and between the two giant heaps of trash toward the building, run to the left and along the train tracks you'll eventually come to a dark tunnel with a train car on its side. Inside the tunnel, there are tons of springboard and radioactive anomalies, but with the right mixture of bandages (to heal bleeding), medkits (to heal you in general) and energy drinks (replenish stamina instantly) you can run all the way to the end of the tunnel and back out. At the end, there's a corpse which can be looted for a Viper 5 [A] that fires 9x18mm pistol rounds instead of 9x19mm. I thought this was useful because I have 2,000 - 3,000 9x18mm rounds in comparison to the 300-400 rounds of 9x19mm. Sure, the Viper is weak and having it fire weaker rounds will make it worse but.. for me, it's so far proved the most accurate weapon I've come across. .. though, I haven't come across many weapons. :/

I'm kind of disappointed with how they show artifacts (Sparklers own by the way). The artifacts pulse and looking back, I've missed a ton of them because I've mistaken them for anomalies. =(

Last edited by Bridget; 12-26-2008 at 11:01 PM.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:05 AM   #47
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Anomalies CREATE artifacts, of course they resemble them.

And really, the Strelok thing doesn't affect much.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:54 AM   #48
greenday5494
D&A Member

did anyone find the Gordon Freeman STALKER? I remember hearing about him, never found him though

Old 12-28-2008, 02:05 AM   #49
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

...?

Old 12-28-2008, 04:38 AM   #50
greenday5494
D&A Member

apprently there is a dead body lying around in the Zone that's name is Gordon Freeman and has a PDA that says stuf about him

Old 12-28-2008, 08:33 AM   #51
Bridget
Banned

I finally built up the courage to go into Agroprom underground. After seeing videos and reading walkthroughs, I expected to encounter only one bloodsucker. Turns out, I was attacked by three in a row, and looking at the video I recorded, when I ran out of the room, you could hear a fourth one growling and hissing behind me. Scared the fuck out of me.. Expecting one and getting four. :/

Old 12-28-2008, 02:40 PM   #52
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
did anyone find the Gordon Freeman STALKER? I remember hearing about him, never found him though
I did...don't remember where though.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #53
OneManArmy
Ka-boom!

Class/Position: Demo, Solly, Pyro
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Ye, found him, don't really look like freeman at all. PDA says he got to sell his crowbar to buy something to eat. It is underground at train depot in Yantar IIRC
OneManArmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #54
greenday5494
D&A Member

kay. im really confused. I got the the Bar, and im doing this mission for a guy that lost his frickin' rifle. i go to this place named "wild territory" and then this helicopter bullshit comes up, i save this scientist, i lead him to some bridge, says something about a suit, and then just stands there. what the fuck? and now what do i do? he doesnt follow me anymore, and i need to get this guy's rifle. what do i do?!

Old 12-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #55
greenday5494
D&A Member

omg, i just looked at the steam forums, and there's a way to patch steam version to 1.0006! They deleted the fucking thread, though. BUT! I knew they would, so, i copy and pasted the whole thing, and put it in a .txt doc. here ya go:

Talking How to install STALKER:SOC 1.0006 patch on Steam version
After hours of fiddling with the registry, watching the 1.0006 patch access the file system through a process monitor, and installing my retail copy of the game, I have finally come up with a way to install the 1.0006 retail patch onto the Steam version!

Note: this is ONLY tested right now on the US version. My instructions come from US retail and Steam versions and their respective files. If you do not have a US version this may not work for you (and probably won't)!

I successfully joined a multiplayer server running 1.0006 with BattlEye and could play.

WARNING: I take no responsibility if you mess up your install or your computer. This process entails editing the Windows registry which is dangerous if you do not know what you are doing. Exercise caution and follow the steps exactly!

LEGAL NOTICE: I specifically require people to run a patcher on the Steam exe so that I am not distributing a retail exe in full. This requires a user to own the Steam version to get themselves a Retail exe.

Ok, with all that out of the way, let's get to it!

How to install the 1.0006 patch onto a US Steam version:

NOTE: On Vista I ran this all as Administrator. You might want to as well (it may not work otherwise)

1. Run STALKER:SOC at least once to generate the required registry keys and get your CD key

2. Download the US 1.0005 to 1.0006 patch; it has the filename stk-npr-efis-patch-5-6.exe

3. Run regedit and browse to:
32 bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GSC Game World\STALKER-SHOC
64 bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GSC Game World\STALKER-SHOC

4. Modify the InstallVers key to read "1.0005" instead of "1.000500"

5. Create a new registry String (right click->New->String Value) named InstallLang

6. Double click the new InstallLang and enter en into the Value Data field.

7. Close regedit

8. Go to http://www.quickpar.org.uk/ and download and install QuickPar 0.9.1. This is the patcher that will transform your Steam exe into a retail 1.0005 exe

9. Go to http://www.z-95.com/public/XR_3DA.ex...il.1.0005.PAR2 to download the patch file. Put this file into your \steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\bin folder.

10. Open the .PAR2 file with QuickPar and click the Repair button. You now have a retail 1.0005 exe!

11. Run the 1.0005 to 1.0006 patch.

12. We are not done yet! Some of the files (notably the BattlEye files) have been installed into Program Files. Browse to Program Files (or Program Files (x86) on 64 bit OSes) THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl and select all files and copy them to your \steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl folder, saying yes to overwriting folders.

13. Finally run the game through Steam and play multiplayer games!

If you notice any errors please let me know and I will fix them.

Hopefully now there will be no need for 1.0005 servers!

Old 12-30-2008, 03:02 AM   #56
greenday5494
D&A Member

any1 got an idea for my stuckness?

Old 12-30-2008, 03:26 AM   #57
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

What stuckness?

Old 12-30-2008, 03:59 AM   #58
greenday5494
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494 View Post
kay. im really confused. I got the the Bar, and im doing this mission for a guy that lost his frickin' rifle. i go to this place named "wild territory" and then this helicopter bullshit comes up, i save this scientist, i lead him to some bridge, says something about a suit, and then just stands there. what the fuck? and now what do i do? he doesnt follow me anymore, and i need to get this guy's rifle. what do i do?!
^ that stuckness

Old 12-30-2008, 04:26 AM   #59
Bridget
Banned

SPOILER: Once you go past the helicopter, toward the rear of it, and past the yellow generator, take a left and you'll see an underpass. Go under there with your flashlight and work your way to the back. You'll see a giant wooden table — I think, which you can low-crouch (shift+ctrl) next to and squeeze between it and the car. Then, work to the back toward the right. The rifle (which is actually a shotgun) should be in a cargo container at the back right. Jump onto it, run to the end, drop down, spin around, it's inside.

SPOILER: By the way, enjoy the Army warehouse area. It's a bug haven from what I've played. Missions don't complete because the game still thinks there are enemies in the area (if you help Freedom take out Duty members.) the Duty member — if you join them — will mention you taking out a sniper when you raid freedom, yet this same sniper ends up popping the job-assigner in the head if he walks into the open from the hut, leaving you unable to complete it. Last, I've noticed a general bug. If you shoot people in the face with a one-shot kill from a pistol, their friends won't react. I used this to gain temporary access to the freedom armory and grabbed some ammo, a grenade launcher, suit, and other goodies. Feeling cheap, I reverted back to initial save. I want to beat this game standard. :P

Anywho, Stalker SoC is already my favorite game, surpassing System Shock 2. Circ, have you played Clear Sky? Is it better than SoC? Are there as many bugs? Difficult? More frightening, etc?

Last edited by Bridget; 12-30-2008 at 04:34 AM.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:41 AM   #60
OneManArmy
Ka-boom!

Class/Position: Demo, Solly, Pyro
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Clear Sky suck beyond belief, even ore than original did
OneManArmy is offline   Reply With Quote