Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
Sandy Hook Elementary School

'27 dead' in US school shooting
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paft View Post
Yeah, this very sad and doesn't have a fucking thing to do with lawful ownership of guns nor the exercise of those rights protected by the 2nd Amendment by US citizens.

Posting that in a thread for gun enthusiasts is kinda outing you as a liberal kunt with nothing useful to contribute. Are you ok sticking with that label? Or do you want to maybe start your own thread for discussion?

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Yep. Just a naive kunt.

Edit: That was very kuntish actually.

Last edited by Paft; 12-14-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Icculus
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Villager slashes 22 kids with knife at elementary school in China

I'm not a gun person but I agree with innoc on this (besides the kunt comment). Crazy people are crazy people and they will use whatever they have at their disposal whether it's guns, knives or whatever. Bannings guns would do nothing to stop violent crimes and the fact is, the majority of gun owners are responsible people. The kid in Connecticut was 24 years old and his mom was a teacher at the school. He obviously had a personal agenda and some serious mental problems..
Icculus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
Paft
Beta Tester

This video might as well been upped by me. Same thoughts.

But anyway...I'll stop kunting up your thread and kunt off.

Last edited by Paft; 12-15-2012 at 01:59 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
KoRniLLiAn.LG
D&A Member

Class/Position: soldier O or D..doesn't matter
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: none..but hope to join one someday
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
wow...the fucking smoke hasn't even cleared the barrel and your fucking with someone for stating a FACT...were 27 people not SLAUGHTERED yesterday?...all the dude did was INFORM the thread as to what was going on...doesn't deserve to be called names..THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DON"T LIKE gun enthusiasts...because you fucking snap too easily for no reason other than a man informing other men about a tragedy that should affect us all..call me names and shit...i don't care..accountability is and will ALWAYS be the issue in this country...enjoy your guns
KoRniLLiAn.LG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #7
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRniLLiAn.LG View Post
wow...the fucking smoke hasn't even cleared the barrel and your fucking with someone for stating a FACT...were 27 people not SLAUGHTERED yesterday?...all the dude did was INFORM the thread as to what was going on...doesn't deserve to be called names..THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DON"T LIKE gun enthusiasts...because you fucking snap too easily for no reason other than a man informing other men about a tragedy that should affect us all..call me names and shit...i don't care..accountability is and will ALWAYS be the issue in this country...enjoy your guns
This is not being informative. This is trying to troll and make some association between those decent people who enjoy shooting sports and a fucking psycho. If you want to inform start a thread. Otherwise take your uninformed kuntiness and gtfo of this thread.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #8
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
drunk drivers kill people ban all cars
need tighter car control!
9:17 PM - DEXTER: can you teach me how to play o
9:17 PM - squeek.: you jump a lot
9:18 PM - squeek.: and do sweet moves

8:55 PM - FDA: fart in you fridge and blame it on wild animals
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 AM   #9
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
We stop this escalation in barbarity by stopping our idolatry of the idiots that cause such atrocities.

Gun control is not the answer.

You are a pirate!

Last edited by Lost; 12-17-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 05:30 AM   #10
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Who knows the name of the shooter?

Who knows one of the names of the victims?

Media plays a big part in how we react to things like this.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
KoRniLLiAn.LG
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
This is not being informative. This is trying to troll and make some association between those decent people who enjoy shooting sports and a fucking psycho. If you want to inform start a thread. Otherwise take your uninformed kuntiness and gtfo of this thread.
you don't get it...your blind.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #12
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
We stop this escalation in barbarity by stopping our idolatry of the idiots that cause such atrocities.

Gun control is not the answer.
Agreed on both though this is now a hijack of this thread...

That said, I think that there needs to be serious work done to address the mentally ill and making sure that we're protecting them as well as the public from them. We also need to consider how to make it harder to run through a school like this unopposed... We do it for planes. Why not schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRniLLiAn.LG
you don't get it...your blind.
I don't believe you're qualified to make that judgement. You don't know a fucking thing about me other than what you see posted here. Plus I believe that you've exposed a bias by using the term "gun nut" that identifies you as one unable to engage in reasoned discussion. As such you would appear to have nothing useful to contribute. In short, stay out of the thread.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
KoRniLLiAn.LG
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
Agreed on both though this is now a hijack of this thread...

That said, I think that there needs to be serious work done to address the mentally ill and making sure that we're protecting them as well as the public from them. We also need to consider how to make it harder to run through a school like this unopposed... We do it for planes. Why not schools?

I don't believe you're qualified to make that judgement. You don't know a fucking thing about me other than what you see posted here. Plus I believe that you've exposed a bias by using the term "gun nut" that identifies you as one unable to engage in reasoned discussion. As such you would appear to have nothing useful to contribute. In short, stay out of the thread.
like i stated..your blind..i never said "gun nut" first of all...can you not read?..and secondly...i don't care about your thread..i am only here to defend someone for simply stating a fact..your the one who can't handle that..and want me to "stay out of the thread"...it's a public thread...don't like feedback?..don't make threads in public forums.i will "stay out of your thread" now.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #14
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRniLLiAn.LG View Post
like i stated..your blind..i never said "gun nut" first of all...can you not read?..and secondly...i don't care about your thread..i am only here to defend someone for simply stating a fact..your the one who can't handle that..and want me to "stay out of the thread"...it's a public thread...don't like feedback?..don't make threads in public forums.i will "stay out of your thread" now.
Yes, stay out of the thread.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:38 AM   #15
Paft
Beta Tester

To be fair I was sort of having a bash at the gun advocates and showing my feelings towards guns.

Sure, a knife, a heavy object or a vehicle can be a weapon...but c'mon they're not the same. Guns sole purpose are to kill, and this is something you don't want in the wrong hands, which sadly too often is. Point and pull a trigger. Congrats! You've just killed someone. Minimal effort. As soon as someone raises a gun at you you're instantly fucked.

2pence.

As you were.

Last edited by Paft; 12-18-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:11 AM   #16
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paft View Post
To be fair I was sort of having a bash at the gun advocates and showing my feelings towards guns.

Sure, a knife, a heavy object or a vehicle can be a weapon...but c'mon they're not the same. Guns sole purpose are to kill, and this is something you don't want in the wrong hands, which sadly too often is. Point and pull a trigger. Congrats! You've just killed someone. Minimal effort. As soon as someone raises a gun at you you're instantly fucked.

2pence.

As you were.
Firearms are about the ability to kill quickly and efficiently. There are also competitive and amateur shooting competition.

To zero in on it as this horrible blight on society you are sadly mistaken.

As all countries do not collect and slice their data the same way it's difficult to make one to one comparisons. But lets look at violent crime. Quick google search (as this has been a common point of discussion in the past) turns up this article:

2009 Article Britain is the most violent Country

And a graphic from the article:

From the article the following is stated "The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents"

For the US here is the most recent I can find that are from "final data":

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

Citing from the 2009 faststats:
Number of deaths for the top 10 leading causes of death:

Heart disease: 599,413
Cancer: 567,628
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 137,353
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,842
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 118,021
Alzheimer's disease: 79,003
Diabetes: 68,705
Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,692
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,935
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 36,909

Expanding to include the top 15 causes from that report (linked in the link I provided above)
  1. Diseases of heart (heart disease)
  2. Malignant neoplasms (cancer)
  3. Chronic lower respiratory diseases
  4. Cerebrovascular diseases (stroke)
  5. Accidents (unintentional injuries)
  6. Alzheimer’s disease
  7. Diabetes mellitus (diabetes)
  8. Influenza and pneumonia
  9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis (kidney disease)
  10. Intentional self-harm (suicide)
  11. Septicemia
  12. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
  13. Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease (hypertension)
  14. Parkinson’s disease
  15. Assault (homicide)

So...firearms deaths?

All homicides 16,799
Firearm homicides 11,493

If you continue digging you're going to find that a significant portion of those deaths are gang related.

So what would I suggest this tl;dr wall of might show? That firearms deaths are not this big spectre that those opposing firearms would want you to believe. Further more, you could save far more live by encouraging people to stop eating fast fucking food and get your lazy ass off the couch and go for a walk.

Additionally, while the UK may boast fewer firearms deaths and crimes it has NOT made anyone living or visiting there safer. Fact is, I'd far rather have the ability to carry a firearm for the defense of myself, my loved ones and my friends than to leave that to law enforcement. Most of the the time law enforcement isn't going to stop what happens....they're going to investigate and file away papers after trying to figure out WHAT happens.

Edit:One last note. I did try to align the year interval for all citations but the dailymail article while posted in 2009 does not cover 2009 stats. In the graphic the Dailymail does provide a lead for their source so feel free to chase that should you feel so inclined.

Last edited by Innoc; 12-18-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:24 AM   #17
Paft
Beta Tester

That's all very well but....

I'd rather that potential mad man coming to kill me and my family struggled to get hold of a gun and had to make do with a knife.

Ah well

Old 12-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #18
Bully
Beta Tester
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spectating
Gametype: British Bulldogs
Affiliations: ®™ ^
Stats are all well and good but do you believe that the scource of information is correct ? I live in the North of England where generally it is considered to be "rougher" than most areas than the more affluent South. The area where i work is statistically one of the most deprived areas in Yorkshire and i really do not see that much violence.

The most recent was a self inflicted drug overdose and that's the worst i've seen in the last 10 years.

It begs the question of a "false flag attack". I'm not going into debate over conspiracy theories but it certainly makes me wonder how much the media lies to us on behalf of Governments that are trying to push forward new laws.

I'll just leave this for your consideration.

Last edited by Bully; 12-18-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Bully is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #19
AfterShock
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 45 Times
Do you believe in democracy Innoc?

Cos 99% of the world thinks you're wrong.
AfterShock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #20
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully View Post
Stats are all well and good but do you believe that the scource of information is correct ? I live in the North of England where generally it is considered to be "rougher" than most areas than the more affluent South. The area where i work is statistically one of the most deprived areas in Yorkshire and i really do not see that much violence.

The most recent was a self inflicted drug overdose and that's the worst i've seen in the last 10 years.

It begs the question of a "false flag attack". I'm not going into debate over conspiracy theories but it certainly makes me wonder how much the media lies to us on behalf of Governments that are trying to push forward new laws.
The general trend for media/law/conspiracy is always in the direction that gives the Govt more control over our lives and less freedom for us. I don't know that I can read conspiracy into what the daily mail was citing. I am not at all familiar with where you live Bully but I have to believe that the densely populated areas are where the majority of the incidents occur. If you don't live in a place like that then you might not see as much.

The violent crime rates in the US have been trending down for quite some time. I am certain that will be ignored in this new power grab push that the idiots in DC will push for. They will continue to villianize assault-style weapons despite them being used in only a tiny fraction of firearms deaths. A pity that reason will be ignored.