Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2008, 06:53 AM   #1
Nezumi
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: Soldier, O
Gametype: Doubble Mode
Affiliations: Cassiotone Nation
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
FF loremaster position open. Apply here!

Ok, so I figured since I'm on the dev team now, having the title of Official FF Loremaster is somewhat of a conflict of interest.

SO I'm opening the title to application. If you want to be the next Official FF Loremaster, just post an essay in this thread about who would win in a fight between a Shaman Witchdoctor or a Voodoo Priest.

Whoever writes the best essay will get the title. I'm gonna delete posts that get too off topic.

And remember, gumbo does not count as a chemical weapon!

Old 06-21-2008, 07:11 AM   #2
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
could i just say Link would pwn em all?
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2008, 04:23 AM   #3
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
Shaman Witchdoctor or a Voodoo Priest.
Rentok gruffed heartily, letting his head sink into his knees as his head raced with thoughts of the oncoming battle. A wolfs pelt was draped across his back, its jaw jutting out a fists length above his face, shielding his eyes from the bright tundra. He closed his eyes and began to chant something in his native tongue.

"Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho..."

As he repeated the chant, he slowly lifted his head up to the sky, revealing blue paint slathered over his face in the shape of a crow and a bear paw. He slowly raised to his feet, grabbing his club made out of a shaped piece of wood for the haft and a wolfs skull, the same from his garb, for the head.

"Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho..."

His voice began to grow louder as he started walking into the woods that lay in front of him... chanting louder and louder as his pace increased. It was time to end this once and for all...

Akh-Moman awoke from a deep sleep sweating and breathing heavily. His heart raced with fear for what he just saw. Could what he saw be true? "I must prepare", he thought.

Slowly, while gathering his thoughts, he dressed himself for the ritual he was about to begin. He reached into his jewel adorned chest for his various tools... assorted bones, various dolls, viscous liquids and potions, a few candles, salt, and a staff for which to draw lines in the dirt.

He stepped outside and drew a circle in the sand with his staff, filling the lines with salt as he scarred the ground. He made sure to be close enough to the fire to evoke the spirits from within. He began to mumble incoherently.

"Mmmbaaa... Pahhbomaaa... Mmmmb... Aahhh... Peueoa..."

The smoldering ashes of that nights camp fire burst ablaze. The inferno engulfed everything but the circle he stood inside of. The dead trees lit up like matches as the wind howled circles around them. The wind picked up from the air returning from the sudden combustion and the fire returned to normal. He continued to mumble while lighting each candle in the fire, putting them in a circle around him.

After all of the candles were lit, he stopped his chant and the fire died. From the smoke arose a spirit, Baron Samedi (pronounced Bah-rohn Saw-meh-dee), spirit of the dead. "Awht bis'ness do you b' 'avin wit me chil'" squealed the spirit.

"The shaman from the tribe to the north is coming to end it tonight... I want your protection!" yelled Akh-Moman, with a gulp.

"So b' et my chil'... do not be failin' me naow..." the spirit said with a whisper as the spirit dissipated into a poof of smoke.

The night had just begun...

His voice began to grow louder as he started walking into the woods that lay in front of him... chanting louder and louder as his pace increased. It was time to end this once and for all...

Akh-Moman awoke from a deep sleep sweating and breathing heavily. His heart raced with fear for what he just saw. Could what he saw be true? "I must prepare", he thought.

Slowly, while gathering his thoughts, he dressed himself for the ritual he was about to begin. He reached into his jewel adorned chest for his various tools... assorted bones, various dolls, viscous liquids and potions, a few candles, salt, a small dagger, and a staff for which to draw lines in the dirt.

He stepped outside and drew a circle in the sand with his staff, filling the lines with salt as he scarred the ground. He made sure to be close enough to the fire to evoke the spirits from within. He began to mumble incoherently.

The smoldering ashes of that nights camp fire burst ablaze. The inferno engulfed everything but the circle he stood inside of. The dead trees lit up like matches as the wind howled circles around them. The wind picked up from the air returning from the sudden combustion and the fire returned to normal. He continued to mumble while lighting each candle in the fire, putting them in a circle around him.

After all of the candles were lit, he stopped his chant and the fire died. From the smoke arose a spirit, Baron Samedi (pronounced Bah-rohn Saw-meh-dee), spirit of the dead. "Awht bis'ness do you b' 'avin wit me chil'" squealed the spirit.

"The shaman from the tribe to the north is coming to end it tonight... I want your protection!" yelled Akh-Moman, with a gulp.

"So b' et my chil'... do not be failin' me naow..." the spirit said with a whisper as the spirit dissipated into a poof of smoke.

The night had just begun...

Rentok raced into the woods, no longer chanting. His breath remained still... the run did not even begin to phase him. 'It will end tonight', he thought as he raced down the trail to where the priest slept at night.

"It will end tonight... It will end tonight... It will end tonight... It wi..."

*Snap*

The shaman looked around, unsure of what he was about to encounter. He took a sniff of the air and something different was in the air... Magick...

*Thud*

Rentok fell to the ground, face first, as a large tree limb struck his head. He blacked out for a second, but only a second. When he awoke he saw two legs in front of him. "How could the Gods fail me now?"

With a quick burst of strength, he pushed himself and the limb off the ground, grabbing his mace on the way up, swinging it up at the legs. *WACK!* He hit him... hard.

The person fell over with a thud, unmoving... legs unbuckling. As Rentok arose he saw that this was no person... no, this was a doll. A large doll. "What kind of trickery is THIS!" he screamed, echoing seemingly forever into the distance, "COME OUT AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN!"

Akh-Moman knew it was time to play fair, although the fight had just begun. He leaped out of the tree he was in, holding a doll and a dagger in his hands. He began to circle the mighty shaman slowly, staying low to the ground to ensure he could dodge at a moments notice.

The shaman had blood lust in his eyes. He let loose a mighty yell and jumped with his club above his head towards the priest, bringing down the club as he fell. The priest had jumped out of the way and slashed at the shaman, only scratching the pelt that Rentok was wearing.

Again, the shaman yelled. He lifted his left leg up and smashed it to the ground as he sideswiped with his club. The priest was unable to react due to the might of the shamans stomp and was knocked deftly to the ground. Rentok knew that this would be his only chance.

The priest knew he had to react fast and began to jab the dagger into the doll which had a piece of the shamans hair on it. The shaman screamed in pain but didn't flinch. Blood drained out of his body, staining the ground and his pelt a rusty red.

Rentok continued his swing from earlier raising the club from his left to his back and then over and onto the priests skull smashing it with a satisfying splat. "It's over... I've won..." he whispered as he fell over. He was loosing blood, and fast. He knew he couldn't go on.

Rentok whispered a prayer, unable to finish before he died from the loss of blood.

The morale of the story is: Don't fuck with magic users.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
Nezumi
Retired FF Staff

Ok, wow, damn. It's going to take me some time to judge between Thor-Stryker and Credge. Excellent essays on both accounts.

I'll leave the contest open for just a bit longer before declaring a winner.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
or i could just lock/delete the entire thread?
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Hah, that works too
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
greenday5494
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mervaka
sounds good!

Old 06-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervaka
Please don't. I spent a whole 10 minutes writing that (.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Annoying people since 1986

Class/Position: O fatty, pyro - D engy, pyro
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: This space for rent.
Send a message via MSN to פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
Please don't. I spent a whole 10 minutes writing that (.
I dare you

(hint: c/p into a word document FTW!)
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2014, 03:27 AM   #10
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Speaking of lore, check this out:
http://www.teamfortress.com/catchup/
It puts TFC in the 1930's and TF2 in the 70's. They definitely did a good job on the comic artwork for the TFC characters.

Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 05-27-2014 at 03:37 AM.
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #11
Nezumi
Retired FF Staff

Greenday: No
RocketRunner: 1) The role of the loremaster is to have the loremaster title under their name, (and no).
2) You're in the lead so far.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:50 AM   #12
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ

Loremaster?

Shaman?

Voodoo?

WTF?

Old 06-21-2008, 08:00 AM   #13
Gator-
FF God

Class/Position: Scout O, Medic O, Demo D/O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF 4v4
Affiliations: [milkwood] ( GoodFellas )
Send a message via AIM to Gator- Send a message via MSN to Gator- Send a message via Yahoo to Gator-
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.hakujin.net/Games/BTech/Wolf/clanterm.html
LOREMASTER
The Loremaster is the keeper of Clan laws and history. The position is honorable and politically powerful. The Loremaster plays a key role in inquiries and trials, where he is often assigned the role of Advocate or Interrogator.
I'm lost.
Gator- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #14
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTiger
I'm lost.
I see.

Not interested.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #15
greenday5494
D&A Member

looks too much like fantasy and too geeky. im outta here

Old 06-21-2008, 08:03 AM   #16
Anshinritsumai
°_o

Class/Position: Medic & Engy
Affiliations: DM, OC, -[CfH]-
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Witchdoctor > Shaman > Voodoo Priest.

Voodoo priest will taunt the others saying how his culture is superior to the others while doing some really amazing shit with some really nasty concoctions made in his basement. The Shaman would attempt to project himself to the astral plane and commune with the spirits, thus one-upping the Voodoo Priest; yet falls short when the spirits tell him to call tech support between 9am-5pm local time monday through friday. The Witchdoctor would augment the physical and mental abilities of his fellow kin and warriors to boost morale and ultimately defeat the Shaman and Voodoo Priest's forces.
Anshinritsumai is offline   Reply With Quote