Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 06-16-2006, 01:38 PM   #1
o_vorm

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
FF to be shipped with Episode II

I can't think what else it would be!

Episode Two is to get also a new, yet not announced Multiplayer mode.

Translation from a german site quoting the new PCFormat review of HL2: Episode 2

Quote:
Two weeks passed, since help Life 2: Episode One was published, and there is already first concrete information for continuation. In August just published expenditure American PC of the Gamer of magazine is an world-exclusive episode Two Preview. But already on the first side the large shock:

According to PC Gamer is not published episode Two no more this year, is called than release DATE “spring 2007”. Whether thereby also the planned publication of episode 3 at the end of of 2007 shifts, is unknown. Valve does not break thus also this time with its tradition to shift each play of the help Life series at least once. Now however to the interesting facts from the Preview!

Spoiler:

* The new opponent already who can be seen in the Trailer official Hunter (hunters) are called and become above all their large brothers, who Strider, in the fight to support.
* There is also a new weapon in the second episode, which momentarily “Strider Buster” is called.
* It concerns detention bombs, which exhaust the Stridern energy and make them in such a way a simple goal.
* In episode Two will give it many more extensive areas, with a far more realistic Setting than in the citadel.
* Acquaintance of places are: A forest landscape, an abandoned rocket silo and an old mine.
* Altogether one will put 2 back in the 4-6 hours lasting episode into for instance the same way as in the entire help Life.
* But one receives also a new vehicle, which carries still no name up to now. It was assembled by two forest inhabitants from old scrap iron hurrying and had two seats. Like that it will be also possible other NPC's will carry forward, which can fight for example the enemy, while you steer the car.
* Likewise in episode Two is to give it largest physics the puzzle of the help Life to row.
* While we should experience also somewhat more over G-One, above all the Vortigaunts will play a main role in episode Two.
* And naturally also Dog is again also from the portion!
* Episode Two is to get also a new, yet not announced Multiplayer mode.
* White valve already like the help Life story ends? “Who says that those has story at all an end?”

(Mark, in order to see the text)
How one should always exactly considers itself whether one would like to also really know the information from the Preview. New Screenshots does not give it übrigends, it only to Ingame of pictures from the well-known Trailer was shown. Excluding so far unknown Concept kind to the new vehicle is to be discovered.

Left:
- Official valve Website

Further news:
- Trailer to episode Two available! (02.06.2006)
- Episode 2 already in development (21.02.2006)

“Newer news Overview Older news”
o_vorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
o_absolute

multi-player mode. Not Multipayer MOD.

For all we know the mode could be you pile into a server and play limp bizcuit while staring at Alyx.
o_absolute is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Mulchman MM Send a message via AIM to Mulchman MM Send a message via MSN to Mulchman MM Send a message via Yahoo to Mulchman MM Send a message via Skype™ to Mulchman MM
I was wondering why that whole thing made no since and then I re-read the first part where it was translated from german.

Perhaps they mis-translated "mode" and it is "mod"?

Old 06-16-2006, 02:16 PM   #4
o_player

Even if it did say mod, they wouldn't be talking about Fortress Forever; or would they? Or would they not? We will just have to wait
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 03:45 PM   #5
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Mulchman MM Send a message via AIM to Mulchman MM Send a message via MSN to Mulchman MM Send a message via Yahoo to Mulchman MM Send a message via Skype™ to Mulchman MM
I was thinking more along the lines of TFC:Source (not TF2).

Old 06-16-2006, 03:57 PM   #6
o_vorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchman MM
I was thinking more along the lines of TFC:Source (not TF2).
That's what i thought too, but there had been too many threads previously stating this so I dared to be different.
o_vorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 04:10 PM   #7
o_dogmop

I'd speculate it would be another psuedo-realistic ww2 mod or some other mod for the original HL2 style deathmatch.
o_dogmop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 05:16 PM   #8
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Its probably the retail of Garry's mod, if it isn't released before then.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 05:17 PM   #9
o_smack

I bet it'll be something that sucks. Rag Doll Kung Fu Ricochet or Opposing Force Multiplayer:Source. If it were anything good, we'd be paying for it separately. The days of great free add-on content from Valve are dead and gone.
o_smack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 05:37 PM   #10
o_imbrifer

Has Valve ever said that they plan to continue the Fortress series?

Quote:
The days of great free add-on content from Valve are dead and gone.
I tend to agree, Smack. It'll probably be something like HL2dm with.. CAPTURE POINTS! or Ricochet or something. Assuming the translation is 'mode' not 'mod'.

Besides, spring 2007? FF will be far out the door and kicking the crap out of all other mods by then
o_imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 07:22 PM   #11
o_ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack
I bet it'll be something that sucks. Rag Doll Kung Fu Ricochet or Opposing Force Multiplayer:Source. If it were anything good, we'd be paying for it separately. The days of great free add-on content from Valve are dead and gone.
What free addon's are you thinking of? The only ones I can think of that Vavle themselves have ever done are TFC, DMC, and Ricochet. I guess you can count CS Source in there as well since it did come with all the original HL2 packages. However, Valve seemed to have other plans for most of their addon stuff. TFC was originally made to be a sort of test bed for technology that was going to go into TF2. DMC looked more to be a tech demo to show that you could get the same physics and feel of quake in the HL engine. Ricochet was also just a small tech demo.

Am I missing anything else Valve has done on their own?
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 07:45 PM   #12
o_smack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT
What free addon's are you thinking of? The only ones I can think of that Vavle themselves have ever done are TFC, DMC, and Ricochet. I guess you can count CS Source in there as well since it did come with all the original HL2 packages. However, Valve seemed to have other plans for most of their addon stuff. TFC was originally made to be a sort of test bed for technology that was going to go into TF2. DMC looked more to be a tech demo to show that you could get the same physics and feel of quake in the HL engine. Ricochet was also just a small tech demo.

Am I missing anything else Valve has done on their own?
No, you've got a good point, but that only furthers what I said. Anyone who thinks Valve is going to include some really worthwhile multiplayer game with HL2:E2 is being overly optimistic.
o_smack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2006, 11:24 PM   #13
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Why the hell would it be FF?

Old 06-17-2006, 12:07 AM   #14
o_soulcutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbrifer
Besides, spring 2007? FF will be far out the door and kicking the crap out of all other mods by then
What makes you think FF will be out before then?
o_soulcutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2006, 12:11 AM   #15
o_kam

isnt ep2 going to be "the vehicle one"? probably some kind of vehicles in dm or ctf

wouldnt be surprised if it was shitty port of tfc though
o_kam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2006, 04:57 AM   #16
o_imbrifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCutter
What makes you think FF will be out before then?
My hope... *pout*
o_imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #17
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack

What free addon days?

The only one i rember is TFC and i cant even be certian if TFC was started by a mod group and then just "eaten" by valve before release, because CS and DoD were their own mod before Valve ate them up.

I dont know about the TFC team but all the other mods were their own private team that valve just endded up sponsoring

It would be the equivilant nowadays of valve adopting a mod and letting you download it through steam.

I just hope their not talkin about TFC source, look at what they did to poor oldschool HL DM with HLDM source

No hi def kit.... the HL2 physics does not make up for no high def model kit that most everyone who played HLDM was usin from blueshift ;/ (im not shure if there was some conflict with the company gearbox who may still own rights to it) And unlike with the HLdm for steam you couldnt just splice the pack and replace models. Not to mention the weapon calibrations were all outta whack.
o_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #18
o_frenchtoast

I wanna see Valve team up with Gearbox and make another OpFor.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #19
o_ginger lord

Obviously Ricochet: Source
o_ginger lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #20
o_vampiricus

its just a weak excuse for a retail to try to start up hype about something.

what-ev
o_vampiricus is offline   Reply With Quote