Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Maps

Old 03-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
o_soundchaser

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
woody

i get a woody looking at this SS http://flexy.tnradio.net/ff_flexibility_0040002.jpg

looks great!!
o_soundchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
o_loader

A woody??? How old are you? 6?
o_loader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2006, 06:04 PM   #3
o_dr.flexyjerkov

So you all know.

The progress on flexibility has not came to a hault. I have just been very busy at recent but am still aiming for complete version for release of FF.
o_dr.flexyjerkov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
o_otiz

Simple yard, I love it. The lighting is awesome don't change it.
o_otiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #5
o_donny

Somehow I dislike the pillars in the bridge.

BUT

I have an idea for you. Make a bridge just like that but with extra.
In the middle there would be an ( o ) (the ()'s are the ledge of the bridge and in the middle there is a pillar which has a room inside that has 2 enterances on the sides (not on the base side) from which you can climb up from the water incase you got owned and you fell into the water.
Why?
1. It's original (remember the credit me though, since this was my idea, if you use it. I was planning to use it myself but I dont have any ctf maps or anything to use it on, so I give it to you. (yes this is offical announcemt of the ending of ff_rust or ff_baseflag because they became so big.)) and 2. I hate (and some others perhaps) when I get rocketed' or granaded' in 2fort in to the water as hwguy and I have to swim all the way down and drown in to the water if Im low on health.

feel free to use it.

Edit: Incase you dont understand what I mean I can draw it on paint and you'll see my horrible mouse skill!
o_donny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2006, 09:29 AM   #6
o_player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
...and you'll see my horrible mouse skill!
Very true :P
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2006, 11:24 AM   #7
o_stino

Quote:
Somehow I dislike the pillars in the bridge.

BUT

In the middle there would be an ( o ) (the ()'s are the ledge of the bridge and in the middle there is a pillar which has a room inside that has 2 enterances on the sides (not on the base side) from which you can climb up from the water incase you got owned and you fell into the water.
Why?
1. It's original (remember the credit me though, since this was my idea, if you use it. I was planning to use it myself but I dont have any ctf maps or anything to use it on, so I give it to you. (yes this is offical announcemt of the ending of ff_rust or ff_baseflag because they became so big.)) and 2. I hate (and some others perhaps) when I get rocketed' or granaded' in 2fort in to the water as hwguy and I have to swim all the way down and drown in to the water if Im low on health.

feel free to use it.

Edit: Incase you dont understand what I mean I can draw it on paint and you'll see my horrible mouse skill!

i don't know if you know it, but i've found a map on this forum with that idea
o_stino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2006, 03:45 PM   #8
o_puppychow

pillars on bridge will get in the way of fast gameplay imo.
o_puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2006, 04:35 PM   #9
o_etzell

Quote:
Why?
Go play gasworks from HLDM, they've got 3 or 4 of those. While your placement is different, the idea itself isn't.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2006, 12:07 PM   #10
o_dr.flexyjerkov

THE EVIL BLUES ARE ATTACKING... SO I BEEN TOLD

Quote:
My dear Dr. Flexyjerkov

I have recently found out about the evil blues, they are trying to set you up!!!! They are hacking your computer and they want to put hacks in your Fortress Forever maps so you will get caught and banned from FF for eternity!!!!

This is totally unacceptable, join the great yellow team and we shall protect you from these evil people, I cried every day you were innocently banned from TFC, history may not repeat itself and your maps should be protected from these evil people!!

Please contact me ASAP so I can help you out!!!
I decided to not put who i recieved this PM from as the evil blues may attack him also...

Old 06-29-2006, 12:43 PM   #11
o_player

Clearly Zydell, I received a PM from him about my sginature, about Comic Sans

Everyone try your best to ignore Zydell's posts, they are just an attempt to exploit your weakness. As you can see, he has already succeeded with a few people, most notably dr.flexyjerkov.
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2006, 12:44 PM   #12
o_zydell

Weakness? weakness? I want people on yellow for their strengths, not their weakness, our combined strengths shall lead us to victory! We shall ride the holy golden llama's on FF_Flexibility one day, mark my words!!!

All I do is offery protection of all those highly skilled innocent people from the evil claws of the blues, in the yellow team they can say whatever they want!
o_zydell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2006, 01:01 PM   #13
o_dr.flexyjerkov

heh i never realised these teams meant so much to you both...
well ill stay yellow as i'm happy with it

Old 07-16-2006, 04:42 PM   #14
o_nodnarb

any updates?
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2006, 08:45 PM   #15
o_sh4x

Pretty useless to comment on textures for now since the FF textures aren't out yet. Everyone should know that by now, no excuse!
o_sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2006, 09:18 PM   #16
o_rival13

I think you need a bit more roof structure. The rooms are large with flat or nearly flat ceilings (primarely talking about the ramp room here). I know you are still in the early stages of this map, but some larger variations or some kind of support truss would help break up the large span of concrete and make it appear as if there is actually something holding up the ceiling.

Your flag room and outside of flag room look good. I like the columns but they still feel a bit bare. Maybe some more contrast in your lighting with darker shadows or different color lighting? I dunno, just a suggestion. You've got alot of main structure up and Rival Likey!
o_rival13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2006, 11:18 PM   #17
o_buckshot enema[x7]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4x
Pretty useless to comment on textures for now since the FF textures aren't out yet. Everyone should know that by now, no excuse!
My bad. I didn't realize every map under development would go through another texture pass when they released a texture pack.
o_buckshot enema[x7] is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2006, 11:31 PM   #18
o_dr.flexyjerkov

thanks for all the comments, ill think of adding ceiling supports for all the rooms as i know half life has a nice choice of models which i can use to give it a more realistic look.

Currently working on water route and outside

Cant decide whether to have a cliff style outside or concrete walls.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:28 AM   #19
o_nezumi

Both. Bits of cliff with concrete support type thingies breaking it up. Been done before but looks good.

Sentance fragment.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2006, 03:15 AM   #20
o_kam

Lighting is repetative.
FR is still a huge bitch!
General plain lookingness, kinda why you should wait till you've got atleast one room sexified before showing it off.

Quote:
Pretty useless to comment on textures for now since the FF textures aren't out yet.
Uhh no? Most of the map screenies in the media page are using default textures only...
o_kam is offline   Reply With Quote