Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Tech

Old 01-22-2010, 04:25 AM   #1
Focksbot
Ambassador of Everything.

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to Focksbot
Sony VegASS.

I've got a problem with my copy of Sony Vegas 9.0. I don't know why (this happened like a long time ago) but I decided to delete the program by going to the folder and deleting it. Awesome mistake. Oh, right. The uninstaller or something wouldn't work properly, methinks. I had it on an internal hard drive that I briefly unplugged so I can reformat another one for my pal. Yeah. Well the tradeoff sucks major [bathroom sealant].

So then I reinstall it and it goes "LOL THIS APPLICATION FAILED TO START BECAUSE THE APPLICATION CONFIGURATION IS INCORRECT LOL YOU'RE FUK'D". So I reinstall it. SAME THING.
I try it on my other main internal hard drive.
SAME THING!
I use CCleaner to wipe my registry after uninstalling it, then I reinstall.

Spoiler alert!
SAME THING HAPPENS.
End spoiler alert!

Piece of CRAP. So then I decide to manually comb through the registry and delete all values that end with veg. It took two hours. My hands started hurting from the constant rhythm of CTRL F->CLICK-DEL. I end up busting my Microsoft Word (fixed easily), and also solved the Vegas problem too.

Like a few days ago I decided to use the program again.

GUESS WHAT? THE PROBLEM'S BACK!!!!
So yeah, can you guys help me out with this? There's got to be an easy and effective way to fix this from happening AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. I've got a portfolio to work on [Film Production is my planned major] and this problem is doing a pretty damn fantastic job at preventing me from progressing.

PS: I use XP, not Visstuh.

While I'm at it, does anyone know why sometimes a flashdrive will lose space even though it's empty? I figured out that I have to reformat the thing, but come on- this isn't supposed to happen.

Last edited by Focksbot; 01-22-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Focksbot is offline   Reply With Quote