Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3m
wow that is the biggest generalization I have ever heard. i guess your saying like when you flush a toilet? no. if it was this simple it would be known already. thanks again for trying to shut me down.
Books are for reading.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #222
halo

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Lol. It gets right on my nerves when people leap headlong into a topic they clearly know bugger all about but hold the strange belief that they can argue a case about it. Fumbling along spouting bollocks. Ignorance is fine so long as you're aware of it. Everyone should know what they're good and bad at. Nuk3m is a prime example. If you're going to start making claims about the nature and origin of the universe then you can at least do people the common courtesy of reading some books and knowing what you're talking about. It's massively arrogant to pretend like that. You only decieve yourself.

Quote:
Wait maybe its better if i type in English instead of Spanish. Oh wait? Usted es demasiado divertido! pene cabeza.
Oh noes! You called me a dickhead in spanish. Wow you must be some kind of genius. I'll have to stop noticing that you can't write, or follow a coherent train of thought, now.

E perché cazzo non me lo dici in inglese, testa di minchia?
halo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2007, 01:48 PM   #223
Bubbles
Bueno

あなたの異端の議論は私を私の胃に病気にする!
Me in my stomach it designates the argument of your heresy as the sickness!
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2007, 06:22 PM   #224
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
coulda phrased that nicer but thats ok ill look into that

Last edited by Nuk3m; 08-30-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2007, 06:27 PM   #225
Nuk3m
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo
Lol. It gets right on my nerves when people leap headlong into a topic they clearly know bugger all about but hold the strange belief that they can argue a case about it. Fumbling along spouting bollocks. Ignorance is fine so long as you're aware of it. Everyone should know what they're good and bad at. Nuk3m is a prime example. If you're going to start making claims about the nature and origin of the universe then you can at least do people the common courtesy of reading some books and knowing what you're talking about. It's massively arrogant to pretend like that. You only decieve yourself.
it is not ignorant to say, gravity isnt the only benefactor to a black hole. it is ignorant if he said something more persuasive, and less generalized that could be taken into account. if this generalization was purely the only thing accounting for black holes, they wouldnt be wondering about them on science programs and articles. However, the final, correct description of black holes, requiring a theory of quantum gravity, is unknown. although currently being discriped using GTR.

thats because discussion isnt for understanding and learning? I like how people like halo, and uber launch attacks at me to drag this thread down. If I dont know something, that means I wonder about it. if i knew wth a black hole exactly was composed of I wouldnt ask, and if you walked into class and asked someone a question, I would think you would find it rude of them to tell you to go read a book.

instead of politely helping them out in a nicer manorism like, Hey Nuk3m, here are some books/links that help explain black holes.

Last edited by Nuk3m; 08-30-2007 at 06:43 PM.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:50 PM   #226
Bubbles
Bueno

Thick people use thick letters :---------DDDD

Old 08-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #227
Nuk3m
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
Thick people use thick letters :---------DDDD
?

this thread is far past discussion.

/thread

Old 08-30-2007, 08:35 PM   #228
Bubbles
Bueno

I just wanted to do my share of generalization.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #229
halo

Quote:
if i knew wth a black hole exactly was composed of I wouldnt ask, and if you walked into class and asked someone a question, I would think you would find it rude of them to tell you to go read a book.
When someone answered your question you said:

Quote:
wow that is the biggest generalization I have ever heard. i guess your saying like when you flush a toilet? no. if it was this simple it would be known already. thanks again for trying to shut me down.
Basically you were deriding someone with a bullshit similie for pointing out that gravity is a factor in producing the characteristics of black holes. As far as I know that is correct. Isn't that a lot ruder?

I'm not too good on astronomy but I think a black hole is an area of gravity so strong that it even pulls light in so it's impossible to directly detect. They can only be seen by their interaction with nearby matter meaning that exactly what's in there is anybodies guess. The theory I recall is that when you get a sufficiently massive quantity of matter in a sufficiently small area of space (supposedly a point of infinite density, zero volume) it produces an infinite gravitational pull changing the shape of spacetime.

All black holes are formed by stella gravitational collapse and gravity accounts for their characteristics. All the theories I know agree on this. What scientists argue over is exactly what's beyond the event horizon. Whether the mass of a black hole is infinitely dense (some models allow for infinite density and some don't.) They also argue over the Hawking Radiation which, theoretically, black holes emit, and various other things to do with the mechanics of a blackhole and creating a model that wholly accounts for them.

So as I understand it, he was right and you were wrong. Gravity makes black holes 'work'.

Last edited by halo; 08-30-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:59 PM   #230
accrede

Googled earth black hole radius and found this simple url:

http://www.upscale.utoronto.ca/Gener...lackHoles.html

An interesting quote from the same site:

Quote:
Some Schwarzschild Radii

We can calculate the Schwarzschild radius for the mass of the Earth: it works out to be about one-third of an inch. What this means is that if we could compact the Earth so that its radius gets down to one-third of an inch, the gravitational attraction becomes strong enough that the Earth gets crushed out of existence, creating a black hole.

The comparable figure for the mass of the Sun is about 1.1 kilometers.

For a mass of 2.5 x 1053 kg, i.e. a 2 and a 5 followed by 52 zeroes kg, the Schwarzschild radius is about 17 billion light years. This huge mass is an estimate for the total mass of the universe. Also, given that the age of the universe is 15 billion years or so, 17 billion light years is awfully close to the size of the universe. Does this mean that the universe itself is a black hole?

It turns out that this question is the same as asking: is the universe closed. If the universe is closed, then it is fairly accurate to say that it is a black hole.
Another useful link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

Last edited by accrede; 08-30-2007 at 10:17 PM.
accrede is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2007, 10:58 PM   #231
Nuk3m
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo
When someone answered your question you said:

Basically you were deriding someone with a bullshit similie for pointing out that gravity is a factor in producing the characteristics of black holes. As far as I know that is correct. Isn't that a lot ruder?

I'm not too good on astronomy but I think a black hole is an area of gravity so strong that it even pulls light in so it's impossible to directly detect. They can only be seen by their interaction with nearby matter meaning that exactly what's in there is anybodies guess. The theory I recall is that when you get a sufficiently massive quantity of matter in a sufficiently small area of space (supposedly a point of infinite density, zero volume) it produces an infinite gravitational pull changing the shape of spacetime.

All black holes are formed by stella gravitational collapse and gravity accounts for their characteristics. All the theories I know agree on this. What scientists argue over is exactly what's beyond the event horizon. Whether the mass of a black hole is infinitely dense (some models allow for infinite density and some don't.) They also argue over the Hawking Radiation which, theoretically, black holes emit, and various other things to do with the mechanics of a blackhole and creating a model that wholly accounts for them.

So as I understand it, he was right and you were wrong. Gravity makes black holes 'work'.
fuckin british people always with your snide comments go back and have some tea and crumpets. keep trying to derail my integrity, as I will yours

Old 08-31-2007, 12:40 AM   #232
halo

Quote:
fuckin british people always with your snide comments go back and have some tea and crumpets. keep trying to derail my integrity, as I will yours
Are you aware of the concept of irony? Got quite a lot of it going on there.

Integrity is something that the arrogant, self-righteous and those with inferiority complexes attribute to themselves. It's public relations, image, how people view you. Something I noticed about your posts is that you average the word "I" about twice a sentence. Pretty self-centred. Derail my integrity all you want, I hate all that shit.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:00 AM   #233
Elkz
Drum & Bass

Location: ...the fish that doesn't swim is the badger like his shoes without.
Quote:
You sir, are an arse, but wait; why am I calling you 'sir'- for somebody to say something as immature as this its quite blatant you are a child.

You boy, are an ignorant fool. Ban this person already.
Elkz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2007, 01:09 AM   #234
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
What? He just gave you the answer you were looking for. Nuk3m, it's like you are begging for people to have a reason to dislike you.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2007, 03:51 AM   #235
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Nukem, the problem is that you're talking about shit you don't know two shits about. You ask stupid questions that have nothing to do with the thread, and when people answer them correctly, you get mad because you can't understand. You try to write things to act like you know what you're talking about, but it really makes you look retarded, especially since you can't even get the English syntax down. Do us and yourself a favor--quit posting.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #236
Nuk3m
Banned

this fucking forum is filled with cunts, seriously. Antagonize me fine go ahead. Thats all you fuckers have been doing for a month. I hope FF fails and all you thunder fucks kill yourselves. None of you would be deserving more then that. Got cancer or some sickness? I hope it eats you alive.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:45 AM   #237
Nuk3m
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkz
You sir, are an arse, but wait; why am I calling you 'sir'- for somebody to say something as immature as this its quite blatant you are a child.

You boy, are an ignorant fool. Ban this person already.
I hope you die too.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:04 AM   #238
halo

Your head is seriously fucked up there, got quite a persecution complex going on. You speak like a child as well. Talking about integrity and then you go and spew out all this immature rubbish. All I've been doing is criticising you for posting crap. My criticisms are fair, if a little harshly put.

I don't really want you to stop posting I want you to use your head about it more and dump off all the psycological backage you seem to be hauling round because it's annoying.

Grow-up, stop being such a child, learn to write better, stop trying to impress and don't post bollocks you don't understand. Then no-one will have a problem with you. Simple as.

Unfortunately you'll probably just get all upset again and fall into the delusion that everyone's out to get you because it's so much more convenient.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:46 AM   #239
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
I'm kinda surprised of how downhill this thread went and yet I had nothing to do with that downfall. Stunning. I didn't even mention the link between atheism and elite bunnyhopping skillz yet.

Scuzzy

Old 08-31-2007, 12:34 PM   #240
Bubbles
Bueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
I'm kinda surprised of how downhill this thread went and yet I had nothing to do with that downfall. Stunning. I didn't even mention the link between atheism and elite bunnyhopping skillz yet.

Scuzzy
Highfive!