Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Push for smaller league format?
Yes, we should try 4v4/5v5 22 40.74%
No, keep the chaos of 9v9/8v8 32 59.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2007, 04:12 AM   #41
Racer

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Having run a league now for a few years and played in many clans in pretty much every TFC league since UGL I also have some insight . Smaller league sizes (5v5 etc) help a clan, sponsors and lan events. I personally LOVE TFC 9v9. It was the Best MP till BF2. BF2 8v8 just as fun.
But most BF2 players would rather play 12v12 or even 16vs16. But no league has ever ran that size successfully.
The most popular games Professionally are usually 1v1 and 5v5.

I agree that the challenge of strats in TFC, do we go 4 O with 5 d or vice versa or rush 6 etc. That helps make TFC so awesome. But I also believe it's what pushed the smaller games like CS, DoD and CoD past it. 4v4 or 5v5 just more efficient.

I'm sure TFL and STA will go 8v8 or 9v9. They will probably offer a A&D and a 5v5 also. its been successful for them so why change. Established teams wont want to rock the boat and new teams will just go with whatever. With probably no LAN tournaments of any size or support from Valve all the mods like FF wont ever become big. Gaming online has just gotten to diversified. Xbox 360 and PS3 have divided the crowd along with hundreds of new games. CS is firmly entrenched by Pro gamers and tournament admins.
Commercial games like CoD2 cant break CSs grip on pro play. It will be uberhard for a mod.

However If my league MLO ever gets the new site coded (our coder split after taking $1,000- so I wont pay out, without the coding anymore) we will launch FF as 5v5 for pro tournament play as MLOs goal is for Pro play and Live Lan tournaments. So far we have paid out just over $4,000.

In Korea Pro gaming is huge. Why cant it be in the US or Europe? I believe it will be one day.

Last edited by Racer; 05-17-2007 at 04:21 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote