Old 05-26-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
Chickenprotector
Flamer of Worlds
D&A Member

Class/Position: Pyro (O)
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Got a Question? Inquiries about development for FF or the like

Since FF's development is kicking into gear with an engine move, etc, I felt it would be best to create a thread for questions. (Sticky request?)

I moved my inquiries over here. Developers and moderators are free to modify this post as they see fit.

Ground rules:
  • Questions need to be constructive. Constructive means like the few listed below. If you don't word it correctly someone will misunderstand you and a whole flame war will erupt because of it. Clear cut questions.
  • Don't act like a tool.
  • Developers are under no obligation to answer every question that pops across this thread and don't need to participate if they don't want to.
  • Sometimes the question you post may have already been answered. Don't ask for a dev (only) to answer the question. Plenty of people here know superficial knowledge and will help you if they can.
  • Discussion about certain aspects is allowed, but no flame wars, please.

Anyway continuing topic...

Questions:

Before I begin, let me say this is subject to change and provided you have the information on it.

How do you intend FF to go forward as an indie title, free-to-play or pay for it?

In short you intend to remake FF from scratch using the assets you have as a reference and basically updating the game, correct?

The jist of what I'm getting is that you intend on releasing multiple clients of different versions, I.E. one being TFC, while the next being what FF currently is, etc. Is this what you all intend on doing, or is it something different? I feel this would be highly inefficient, it'd be more worth your time to tack additional game modes on as plugins for the new client.

Last edited by Chickenprotector; 05-27-2014 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Ground rules and simple inquiries.
Chickenprotector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2014, 01:22 AM   #2
Fruitcake

Gametype: AvD/IvD
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Does anyone have any experience working with unreal editor? If so,
how does it compare to hammer in terms of user interface, functionality and overall quality?
Also do any of the devs have prior experience with unreal engine?
Fruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2014, 01:54 AM   #3
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitcake View Post
Does anyone have any experience working with unreal editor? If so,
how does it compare to hammer in terms of user interface, functionality and overall quality?
Also do any of the devs have prior experience with unreal engine?
Not sure about the rest of the guys but I worked with unreal before source and its approx 10000% better than hammer in every way
9:17 PM - DEXTER: can you teach me how to play o
9:17 PM - squeek.: you jump a lot
9:18 PM - squeek.: and do sweet moves

8:55 PM - FDA: fart in you fridge and blame it on wild animals
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote