Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-14-2005, 11:22 PM   #21
o_mooga

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Your right but quick switch or last wepon means the same thing unless you're binding. And Q is the defalt button BTW...
o_mooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2005, 01:48 AM   #22
o_sobe green

I didn't say you were. I was simply stating the actual command name.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #23
o_comrade tiki

No, I did not hack. Yes, I got all ten captures and most of the 17 kills were grenade kills.

I do like the fire extinguisher idea, with the primary being swinging it and the secondary being spray it. Mostly, the pyro seems good in my opinion. The one change which I reccomend, though, would be a more constant stream of fire, and not having those silly puffs. The glide-along-wall idea would be interesting, but unnecessary, and it may hurt other classes too much. The IC is for firing just around corners.

I am fine with switching between 5 and right click. I am very used to it. I use no change scripts or the sort. Those ten captures were all achieved by giving a quick press to the 5 key.
o_comrade tiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2005, 06:08 PM   #24
o_lord asriel

1) I think conversation about keys is totally uneccesary; it is far too easy to script things like that that thankfully arent considered cheats (actually, since i've lost a portion of my life binding 64 messages, feel free to ask me for any help in tfc commands )

2) I cant have an opinion on if the pyro is underpowered, since i dont play, but too few people play this class damaging the diversity. Either make him better, I suppose, or if this would damage the balance, make him somehow more...wanted to be played.

Personally i could hit noone with the flamethrower.
o_lord asriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2005, 06:20 PM   #25
o_silver

thats cuz it fired like a close range nail gun
o_silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2005, 01:59 AM   #26
o_comrade tiki

The flames should actually be faster moving, and a more constant stream. That would enable quicker and easier ignitions, allowing more people to enjoy the class. However, recently I have seen several more pyros than usual. The non-pyro community has gotten somewhat bored, and therefore less populous. The true pyros stay more faithful on average. Pyros are more common in pub servers. Clan servers always think that a soldier or something would be of higher value, and pyros just don't commit to one thing often.. When I am flaming some soldier and a sniper walks into the room, I go after the sniper.

Sooo I reccomend a steadier stream of fire, and a bit faster out of the zippo. Neither really affect the effectiveness of the pyro, except maybe more output of fire. Then, the flame impact damage could be lowered a point.

Old 02-16-2005, 04:37 PM   #27
o_zdrozz

A useful flamethrower and better IC jumps would make the pyro pretty nice for O, IMHO.
o_zdrozz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2005, 07:09 PM   #28
o_sobe green

A thing to keep in mind though, if the Pyro is made useful it is going to be really hard for one Pyro to kill another. Already fighting another Pyro as a Pyro is annoying, I can't imagine having a near draw. It usually comes down to who pulls out the shottie and has the most grenades left right now.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2005, 02:29 AM   #29
o_fonfa

pyros kicks ass, ill be very happy if he gets stronger, as no one uses them

its the tfc's best class, he can kill, he can cap, he can burn your hairy ass in a sec
o_fonfa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2005, 01:39 PM   #30
o_comrade tiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZdrozZ
A useful flamethrower and better IC jumps would make the pyro pretty nice for O, IMHO.
A better jump would imply more damage. IC jumps tackle 64-unit heights perfectly, which is a very useful height. Napalm-IC jumps are perfect for the most common second-level heights, 128-unit. They're both good as they are. Perhaps pyros are better when rare, to avoid pyro-vs-pyro fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
A thing to keep in mind though, if the Pyro is made useful it is going to be really hard for one Pyro to kill another. Already fighting another Pyro as a Pyro is annoying, I can't imagine having a near draw. It usually comes down to who pulls out the shottie and has the most grenades left right now.
If the pyro is made tougher, then it will be harder. If the pyro is made more damaging, it would have the opposite effect. I have fun fighting inexperienced pyros (who are usually a pyro simply because they hate being lit by my fires), as they always forget grenades and the single shotgun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonfa
pyros kicks ass, ill be very happy if he gets stronger, as no one uses them

its the tfc's best class, he can kill, he can cap, he can burn your hairy ass in a sec
Like you said, it's a good class. He doesn't need to be much stronger at all, in my opinion. The only two weapons which are pyro-feared are the Engineer's EMP Grenade and the Soldier's Rocket Launcher. When the pyro is used, it is used well (usually). I am afraid that if the pyro becomes stronger, it will become a whore class. Currently it is one of the few classes not accused of being cheap.

Old 02-17-2005, 02:12 PM   #31
o_funboy

The ETF pyro is practically spot on and can easily compete with the othre classes
o_funboy is offline   Reply With Quote