Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 06-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #21
Loader
>_<

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Is it your contention that leaving Iraq and Afganistan and apologizing will stop the current Islamic terrorism in the UK? In the future will the UK need to look at the religious make-up of a country before deciding to invade?
Jesus, please remove your head from the sand.

The UK has had alot of problems with terrorism. The muslim/islamic communities in the UK are very large.

Your ignorance is very worrying; as I have said there are other things in the world that are not american.
Loader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 02:31 PM   #22
Uncle-Argon

Current headline on the BBC news site:

'Police hunting London car bombers'

Amazing breaking news that, and I figured they were just gonna let it slide.
Uncle-Argon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 02:38 PM   #23
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-Argon
Current headline on the BBC news site:

Amazing breaking news that, and I figured they were just gonna let it slide.
Sounds better than "No news now...we'll let you know when there is..."

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #24
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader
Jesus, please remove your head from the sand.

The UK has had alot of problems with terrorism. The muslim/islamic communities in the UK are very large.

Your ignorance is very worrying; as I have said there are other things in the world that are not american.
Loader, not sure why you think I'm blaming this on America, or linking your terrorism problems to America, so I have no way to respond to that assertion again. I haven't said that and you continue to believe I did, you can stop now.

What I did say was that people in this forum often give the impression that they blame America for growing terrorism based on our foreign policy. That being said I am not linking American foreign policy to the UK's current terrorism problems. However, if people believe that American's problems are due to American foreign policy, then by the same token the Islamic Terrorism problem in the UK can also be attributed to the UK policies.

There are people here who have described me as a "war-monger". I am more then willing to other solutions, believe it or not. So, here you are, in this situation. How are pacifists going to solve this current problem in the UK? This is your chance to explain to me your strategy, which to now I haven't understood.

Scuzzy

Old 06-30-2007, 03:46 PM   #25
Jifcuits

There's a good chance that the terrorists were British so there's not a lot you can do about it internationally

Car on fire just drove into glasgow airport!
Jifcuits is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #26
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Well, Ronald Reagan said it best. Paraphrasing: "Ya'lls can't understands the shit goin' on with the desert folk. Get cho cracker asses outta there so they be leavin' us in peace, yo. Word."

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 04:53 PM   #27
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Well, Ronald Reagan said it best. Paraphrasing: "Ya'lls can't understands the shit goin' on with the desert folk. Get cho cracker asses outta there so they be leavin' us in peace, yo. Word."
Didn't he say "Biaaatch!" at the end of that?

Old 06-30-2007, 05:10 PM   #28
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jifcuits
There's a good chance that the terrorists were British so there's not a lot you can do about it internationally

Car on fire just drove into glasgow airport!
Off the top of me head the Metro bombers also British citizens weren't they? So you're dealing with radical elements of a particular population...but your own citizens nonetheless.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:00 PM   #29
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Now one in a Spanish Airport and one in Glasgow (The one in Glasgow was just on fire...still, that isn't the point). Seems like shit is hitting the fan.
Rutabeggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 06:33 PM   #30
SizeableSSonic
Joystick Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Engineer or Sniper
Gametype: CTF
Send a message via AIM to SizeableSSonic Send a message via MSN to SizeableSSonic
Yea, I have a sinking feeling a much bigger attack is about to take place...

Old 06-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #31
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizeableSSonic
Yea, I have a sinking feeling a much bigger attack is about to take place...
I agree.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:25 PM   #32
Loader
>_<

Scuzzy:

I'm not blaming anything on America, I'm just saying there are other things in the world that do not involve America.

I never once blamed America for this. The UK have had a hell of a lot of problems with terrorism.

Your ignorance is terrifying
Loader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #33
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Loader, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe he is accusing you of that. So why are you defending an accusation that wasn't made?

"Current headline on the BBC news site:

Amazing breaking news that, and I figured they were just gonna let it slide."

Current Headline on most American news shows: "Paris Hilton out of Jail!? And who's Brad Pitt going to marry next week?"

...I hate our news system with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 09:44 PM   #34
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader
Scuzzy:

I'm not blaming anything on America, I'm just saying there are other things in the world that do not involve America.

I never once blamed America for this. The UK have had a hell of a lot of problems with terrorism.

Your ignorance is terrifying
Ditto with what Binary said. Also, you scare easy. So now that you've agreed with me that the UK has a terrorism problem, how would you solve it?

Old 06-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #35
Jifcuits

Work with the islamic community in Britain to help them feel less alienated and help route out islamic extremism in Britain. Deport foreign radical clerics that preach in Britain
Jifcuits is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 10:15 PM   #36
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

It's difficult to weed out the extremists as they don't all live locally in the UK. Many of the extremists come from their middle eastern "base". I agree with trying to make them feel less alienated, but I think the Islamic community has to work on their image, because while not all Muslims are extreme, their image has been tainted due to the extremists.

Kinda like Americans and Bush. All of us suffer cuz he is a blithering moron.
Rutabeggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 11:02 PM   #37
own3r
Custom mapper

Extremism is less about alienation and more about anger that the western countries such as the UK and US have invaded muslim lands. This anger is channeled by manipulative community heads with influence over others. These people interpret the muslim beliefs differently to "moderate" muslims telling people they will go to heaven and get x number of vergins by killing themselves and others. Maluable minds go along with it...

The conflicts in the middle east are a big mess it has turned out badly just like vietnam. I just wish they would stop sticking around for the oil and get out before more of our soldiers have to die.
own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #38
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by own3r
Extremism is less about alienation and more about anger that the western countries such as the UK and US have invaded muslim lands. This anger is channeled by manipulative community heads with influence over others. These people interpret the muslim beliefs differently to "moderate" muslims telling people they will go to heaven and get x number of vergins by killing themselves and others. Maluable minds go along with it...

The conflicts in the middle east are a big mess it has turned out badly just like vietnam. I just wish they would stop sticking around for the oil and get out before more of our soldiers have to die.
Assuming for the moment that you're correct that they're doing it in retaliation how would you explain the numerous centuries prior to the existence of both countries? Is it always someone that's causing them to retaliate? Or is there something more simple that seems to find these specific radical elements using these actions to further their cause?

BTW, what documentable evidence supports your position that we're just there for the oil?

Old 06-30-2007, 11:29 PM   #39
own3r
Custom mapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
Assuming for the moment that you're correct that they're doing it in retaliation how would you explain the numerous centuries prior to the existence of both countries?
Ever heard of the crusades?
Quote:
Is it always someone that's causing them to retaliate? Or is there something more simple that seems to find these specific radical elements using these actions to further their cause?
You mean IRA style? Well it is revenge for what they must see as violation of muslim lands, they are doing it to hit countries where they are vulnerable to try and force them to pull out. That you could say is furthering their cause.

Quote:
BTW, what documentable evidence supports your position that we're just there for the oil?
Well lets see:

WOMD... not there. They never had any "documentable evidence" they were either it was all lies.

Threat to the US and UK... other side of the world with no WOMD so not really.

A country rich in oil which they started to tap shortly after the invading of iraq, obviously weren't wasting any time and obviously a priority. They also held converances for business opportunities after the invasion.

The only leg they have to stand on is that saddam is a dictator so to diffuse the violence they humiliated and executed him. To be honest with the torcher and such both the US and UK are involved in I don't think our governments are that much above him. The only difference is that the genocide we commit is not on our own people. Its on other largely defenceless nations, whose population resents our being there. Personally I don't think we should be there at all, I don't think blowing people up is an acceptable solution either.
own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 11:46 PM   #40
tu!

so when is the usa and uk gonna "win" the war on terror already...?
tu! is offline   Reply With Quote