Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #1
o_82694

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
FF BASED CLAN WEBSITE DESIGNES

I belong to the [AE] Clan and am currently looking for any help/resources to design a FF based clan website. I'm not very comp. literate but am trying to do the foot work to update our website.Hope fully this will help spread the word by your official release.

We tried CTF (cough cough) and shall we just say wasn't satisfied. I am anxiously waiting for your release and would like to be one of if not the first west coast ff server.
o_82694 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #2
o_ihmhi

Which site is your, this one or this defunct one? Or something else entirely?

Well anyways, I do web design, I could help you guys out. I do not work for free but I know what it is like to run a clan so I am willing to make an exception as a courtesy. At the very least I could help you.
o_ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 12:06 AM   #3
o_82694

Sorry got distracted by the kids. Neither site here are two links [AE] or we used to be known as the ASSEATER CLAN

Old 02-22-2007, 12:15 AM   #4
o_ihmhi

Dude, your site just needs some polish. The logo up left is ass and the color scheme is not perfect. It is honestly mostly aesthetic stuff. I would let the various people who reply to this thread help you figure out how to color it better and spruce it up.

Basically, if your website were a car, it just needs a new coat of paint and a detail job.

I just had a realization: "Detail job" sounds dirty. =\
o_ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 12:33 AM   #5
o_teamstevo

Ass eater clan, has a nice ring. Just open up photoshop and design something, usually the programming is much more difficult than actual design.
o_teamstevo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 01:57 AM   #6
o_vendicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Dude, your site just needs some polish. The logo up left is ass and the color scheme is not perfect. It is honestly mostly aesthetic stuff. I would let the various people who reply to this thread help you figure out how to color it better and spruce it up.

Basically, if your website were a car, it just needs a new coat of paint and a detail job.

I just had a realization: "Detail job" sounds dirty. =\

its using PHP Nuke... thats kinda what you do to PHP Nuke websites, you spruce them up and make them look fancy, nothing more then that... its mostly all coding stuff that would need to be done... as a matter of fact, he could just google and good PHP template and use it and be done with it, and just replace the default pics with some custom ones and thats it hes done...
o_vendicator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 03:22 AM   #7
o_707

Thanks for all the input fellas, The [AE] clan is looking forward to fraggin with you all when FF is released. We got kinda hung out when it comes to the website, one of our member offered to redo it, started it, and left us for css.
We're also part of a TDM community http://thekillingzone.comCheck us out and maybe stay for a map or two
o_707 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 07:57 AM   #8
o_417

Thanks for the input in regards to our request fellow FF hopefuls

Indeed we are using PhpNuke for our current platform. It wasn't my choice but the clan member who offered to design it wanted to use it.

I only know enough about it to keep the site up. Shoot I don't even know the version we are running but I'm sure it's in need of updating. It's also got some issues I never have had time to look into but it functions okay.

All we need is a custom theme designed with FF in mind we can use and a sweet flash into and we'd be good to go. When the mod releases someone will probably make a FF theme.

If I ever get the time I will research how to do themes with PhpNuke and make one. The key for me is finding the time because real life doesn't allow me much of it to do fun stuff like web design, graphic design, plug-in writing, online gaming and so on.

Heed this warning if you like to game: NEVER have kids!
o_417 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 08:44 AM   #9
o_led

Whats up with ppl using only silly numbers for forum-names ?!
o_led is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #10
o_[ae] 5316 *tkz*

Because thats what we do? And its not just forum names.. these are our in-game names
o_[ae] 5316 *tkz* is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 11:32 AM   #11
o_led

Must say thats pretty un-personal imo, but hey - whatever floats your boat i guess
o_led is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 12:13 PM   #12
o_nodnarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707
Thanks for all the input fellas, The [AE] clan is looking forward to fraggin with you all when FF is released. We got kinda hung out when it comes to the website, one of our member offered to redo it, started it, and left us for css.
We're also part of a TDM community http://thekillingzone.comCheck us out and maybe stay for a map or two
I thought I remembered [AE] from somewhere. you have a right up on tkz....and my server is on the same box as tkz...wow small world.
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #13
o_[ae] 5316 *tkz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnarb
I thought I remembered [AE] from somewhere. you have a right up on tkz....and my server is on the same box as tkz...wow small world.

So you're the one who's stealing all our megahurtz!

Old 02-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #14
o_[ae] 5316 *tkz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led
Must say thats pretty un-personal imo, but hey - whatever floats your boat i guess

Oh, and to that:

It's pretty much the whole idea. We're a team, and play as one. Having a ton of numbers to remember during match play is a lot harder to remember than individual names. Adds a bit of confusion to the mix.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:58 PM   #15
o_zydell

Just use this header:

Curse the fonts on that webby!
o_zydell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 04:37 PM   #16
o_sta_sirtiger

yay....the attack of the numbers ^_-
PM me and I'll make y'all a complete working leet site (no one beats the Tiger in design, sorry)....
o_sta_sirtiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #17
o_nodnarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AE] 5316 *TKZ*
So you're the one who's stealing all our megahurtz!
no thats the DOD:S servers.
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 08:38 PM   #18
o_82694

WOW never expected this good of response thanks to all. Now the hard part of making a decision with the other clan members.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:18 AM   #19
o_tennovan

I'm a software engineer and am developing some real cool stuff right now that you guys could definitely use. PM me and in the next month or so, I'll send yall links to my development page to check things out. Also, I can design a site for you if no one else does... the least I could do is some flash work for ya.
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2007, 12:35 AM   #20
o_707

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82694
WOW never expected this good of response thanks to all. Now the hard part of making a decision with the other clan members.
We're easy ZIP, just not as easy as you
o_707 is offline   Reply With Quote