Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
the death dispenser

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I was banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity View Post
Yeah I dunno, on one side they probably are eliminating some players and can occasionally be overzealous about some things, on the other hand, I'm guessing most of their bans are justified and make for a more civil environment. I've played O-T off and on for a long time and have never been banned, though I got kicked twice. Once for spamming in fightyard (which I thought was silly, it's practically a DM map), and once for being AFK (oops). I have seen some kicks for guilt of association with one player causing trouble, but it's been very rare.

And yeah, 2 players not playing one server I doubt makes any difference at all regarding the mod.

Well over zealous is quite an understatement. I was playing on one of the two servers for this game today. The afore mentioned OT server. My 9 year old son tried to join me and was banned. Then when I asked why my 9 year old might be banned I was promptly banned as well. I guess that question was a bit out of line lol. I know 6 people who have played this mod. ALL of them are banned at that server. So lets be frank here. The admins there are jerks. With that kind of thing going on and with there being so few servers, this mod will never have a chance to grow. It's a real shame as this is a much better game than tf2 will ever be. No one wants to play with abusive admins. You may think that 2 players wouldn't make a difference. I suspect the total number is significantly higher than that. Which is the difference between a populated game and what we have here, a game with so few users it cannot in its present form gain an audience.

Last edited by [AE] 82694; 05-06-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
Hawk Eye
Who the fuck is this guy?
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O Preferred
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: [AE] Asseaters
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
/me waits for Scuzzy's log-story

Old 05-04-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Me too, I hope that 9 year old was kicking ass and talking shit lol

Old 05-05-2010, 03:49 AM   #4
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
/me watches Fortress Forever decline more and more.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:10 AM   #5
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the death dispenser View Post
Well over zealous is quite an understatement. I was playing on one of the two servers for this game today. The afore mentioned OT server. My 9 year old son tried to join me and was banned. Then when I asked why my 9 year old might be banned I was promptly banned as well. I guess that question was a bit out of line lol. I know 6 people who have played this mod. ALL of them are banned at that server. So lets be frank here. The admins there are jerks. With that kind of thing going on and with there being so few servers, this mod will never have a chance to grow. It's a real shame as this is a much better game than tf2 will ever be. No one wants to play with abusive admins. You may think that 2 players wouldn't make a difference. I suspect the total number is significantly higher than that. Which is the difference between a populated game and what we have here, a game with so few users it cannot in its present form gain an audience.
I haven't played in a while, maybe it's changed. In the past, I'd guess there was a ratio of 1 out of maybe 30 or 40 games that I played on O-T where I'd see what I thought might be admin abuse. So I found it very rare, maybe it was just the times I was playing. Not to say people didn't get banned, that happened frequently, but usually the banned people were just being pricks.

Last edited by chilledsanity; 05-05-2010 at 06:11 AM.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Take it up at [o-t] not here.
http://forums.oldtimersclan.org/faq....q_ot_unbanning

Just look for your name, also you were banned first then the other two accounts. One last thing I was in the server when you were warned verbally about your language, and your reply was " I don't see any admins".
http://forums.oldtimersclan.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17

5/04/10 5:17 pm The Death Dispenser Disrespecting Players/Admins
(Unreviewed) STEAM_0:1:375941 Additional Account (killr STEAM_0:0:831129) - Additional Account (ShErA STEAM_0:1:381885) - Calling women bitches on the server.

Last edited by [AE] 82694; 05-05-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:58 AM   #7
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Your ban was automated, no admin was involved.

The original account, STEAM_0:1:381885, was banned on November 9th, 2008 for calling the female players in the server bitches even after you were told to stop.

Your STEAM_0:1:375941 and STEAM_0:0:831129 had also been previously temp banned for other issues, but when you connected in succession last night the server auto-banned all of them. Once one link was made, all accounts were mined and fined automatically.

And just to head off the "oh that wasn't my account, blah blah blah, you can save the bullshit. If you ever so kindly click here: http://tracker.thecatacombs.net/?ip=...187.76&ex_ip=1

You'll notice that, again not surprisingly, all three steam ids were linked together as far back as 2003... you know, back when you're "9 year old" was still in diapers and learning to walk. So, don't blame your imaginary kid, blame yourself.

Thank you and good night!

Scuzzy

Old 05-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
the death dispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AE] 82694 View Post
Take it up at [o-t] not here.
http://forums.oldtimersclan.org/faq....q_ot_unbanning

Just look for your name, also you were banned first then the other two accounts. One last thing I was in the server when you were warned verbally about your language, and your reply was " I don't see any admins".
http://forums.oldtimersclan.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17

5/04/10 5:17 pm The Death Dispenser Disrespecting Players/Admins
(Unreviewed) STEAM_0:1:375941 Additional Account (killr STEAM_0:0:831129) - Additional Account (ShErA STEAM_0:1:381885) - Calling women bitches on the server.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #9
the death dispenser

That's total crap and you surely know it. fwg.clanservers.com I run a family friendly cs team. Anyone who cares to look will see that you are slandering the reputation of as a person who does not deserve it. When you claim that I was misbehaving and that my reply was that "I don't see any admins" then you are a bold liar. Truly despicable to come in here and reply to my legitimate criticism of admin abuse which I have discovered is legendary among the very few players who play this game. I will put my behavior in servers against you or anyone else at any time. That's the real problem with admin abuse in a game like this which is being killed by admins who are out of control. All it takes is one dishonest person such as yourself to justify their idiotic behavior. If you cared about the success of the game then you would also be outraged that these people have played such a large part in killing the game. Yet you choose to come in here and lie. You can reply if you wish but I will not see it as as soon as I post this reply to your lies I will delete this site and never return. Unlike you I am not interested in perpetuating online arguments with anonymous people who really do not matter in my real life. I do want to tell you though that I am highly offended at your lies and slander. You and so many people like you seem to enjoy conflict and the internet is a great place for you and those like you to exhibit behavior that you would certainly never have the nerve to exhibit face to face to anyone. So you enjoy playing this dead game which you are helping to kill. I will simply go back to counter strike where I can control the environment and simply eliminate troublemakers such as yourself from my life

Old 05-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
the death dispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy View Post
Your ban was automated, no admin was involved.

The original account, STEAM_0:1:381885, was banned on November 9th, 2008 for calling the female players in the server bitches even after you were told to stop.

Your STEAM_0:1:375941 and STEAM_0:0:831129 had also been previously temp banned for other issues, but when you connected in succession last night the server auto-banned all of them. Once one link was made, all accounts were mined and fined automatically.

And just to head off the "oh that wasn't my account, blah blah blah, you can save the bullshit. If you ever so kindly click here: http://tracker.thecatacombs.net/?ip=...187.76&ex_ip=1

You'll notice that, again not surprisingly, all three steam ids were linked together as far back as 2003... you know, back when you're "9 year old" was still in diapers and learning to walk. So, don't blame your imaginary kid, blame yourself.

Thank you and good night!

Scuzzy
You're a despicable liar. The fact that my son uses that account is well known and not something I will defend to an offensive troll such as yourself. Enjoy your dead game liar

Last edited by the death dispenser; 05-06-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Have a good day and thanks for playing FF.

I think the facts shown speak for themselves.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #12
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Quote:
That's total crap and you surely know it. fwg.clanservers.com I run a family friendly cs team. Anyone who cares to look will see that you are slandering the reputation of as a person who does not deserve it. When you claim that I was misbehaving and that my reply was that "I don't see any admins" then you are a bold liar. Truly despicable to come in here and reply to my legitimate criticism of admin abuse which I have discovered is legendary among the very few players who play this game. I will put my behavior in servers against you or anyone else at any time. That's the real problem with admin abuse in a game like this which is being killed by admins who are out of control. All it takes is one dishonest person such as yourself to justify their idiotic behavior. If you cared about the success of the game then you would also be outraged that these people have played such a large part in killing the game. Yet you choose to come in here and lie. You can reply if you wish but I will not see it as as soon as I post this reply to your lies I will delete this site and never return. Unlike you I am not interested in perpetuating online arguments with anonymous people who really do not matter in my real life. I do want to tell you though that I am highly offended at your lies and slander. You and so many people like you seem to enjoy conflict and the internet is a great place for you and those like you to exhibit behavior that you would certainly never have the nerve to exhibit face to face to anyone. So you enjoy playing this dead game which you are helping to kill. I will simply go back to counter strike where I can control the environment and simply eliminate troublemakers such as yourself from my life
Wow, telling it like it is.

+1.

Last edited by Raynian; 05-06-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #13
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
Wow, telling it like it is.

+1.
Were you there? If not I say you know absolutely shait about what happened.

If there are so many banned people all that would do is fill up another server.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #14
Raynian
D&A Member

You're that ignorant?

Old 05-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #15
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Coming from the guy with this under his avitar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian
So what is more ignorant, ruining pickups, spawn camping, rage quitting, or protecting your server environment?

Old 05-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #16
Raynian
D&A Member

Ignorance != rudeness

Old 05-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #17
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
Ignorance != rudeness
Cool now that you understand your own ignorance you can start to work on it.

Last edited by Scuzzy; 05-06-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: moved bridgets post to the right area...

Old 05-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #18
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
You're a despicable liar. The fact that my son uses that account is well known and not something I will defend to an offensive troll such as yourself. Enjoy your dead game liar
Beauty, see Section II.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #19
Raynian
D&A Member

Old 05-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #20
Hawk Eye
Who the fuck is this guy?
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O Preferred
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: [AE] Asseaters
I assume that was Zip changing the thread title.

Closed Thread