Old 01-29-2005, 03:51 AM   #61
o_zeroclash

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Admins are not a bad thing they are just idiot control
o_zeroclash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2005, 07:55 PM   #62
o_returner

Hmm, I found a new server. Unfortunately, it has friendly fire enabled so it's flooded with teamkillers. Also, a Wireplay Rock server appeared from nowhere. All the players left pretty soon, though.
o_returner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2005, 08:07 PM   #63
o_ohcanep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut
If the game is "dead" to you, then stop playing, as it's more than alive for many of us.
Three available servers seems pretty dead to me, yes. They are all Wireplay's, one of them runs 2fort, the other runs well and the third has some classic maps. I've never seen ravelin online, and the last time I played hunted or warpath was two years ago or something.
What kind of filters do you use? I use < 150 ping filter only and I get ~230 servers (at least 20-40 with people playing).
o_ohcanep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2005, 09:17 PM   #64
o_returner

This is embarrasing: the reason why I couldn't find many servers was that I had only opened ports 27000-27015, and some servers used higher ranges. Steam didn't even see the servers. I have a hardware firewall that blocks all ports except those that I've specifically opened.

Gah.

added: still too many deathmatchers, though.

Old 01-30-2005, 05:10 PM   #65
o_digital_ghost

Yea i've never had much trouble finding servers with people. There are some good ones out there to that house a lot of " old schoolers" to. Killing Fieldz, ( who used to be 100 acre bloodbath at one time i think), and the Old Timers Fun House. Very excellent spot and bunch there.
o_digital_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2005, 05:52 PM   #66
o__thursday_

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
It is half dead I would agree. All the old personalities have disapeared leaving generic lifeless mongs insulting you everytime you killed them. No wait hang on that's still the same as it always was, except you knew the generic mongs by their real names :P
Oh how I agree.

There was once a time when Andys Royston Vasey server ruled among all across the UK, that is no more
o__thursday_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 04:29 AM   #67
o_intrntrage

All I know is that I can't wait for FF to come out!
o_intrntrage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2005, 03:26 PM   #68
o_badbrain

Quote:
What little interaction I had with the community over at Planetfortress convinced me that I should stay far, far away from it. They were possibly even more more retarded than the Counter-Strike community.
Mhhhh good thing about TFC community is, u don't have this many Weapon and Miltary Freaks as in the CS Community ^^

What i always liked about TFC and Quake, was the fact that the Games didn't try to be realistic. So there weren't so many Players playing it because they thought war an weapons in reallife were cool. ^^""

I'm very glad that TFC actually is still alive and hope that the cool game idea never get's perverted into some kind of sick warproganda(see c&c generals though it's not a fps).
o_badbrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 02:59 AM   #69
o_sobe green

I haven't played TFC in roughly a year until last night. After reading post after post after post I had to finally load up TFC and see what it was like. After a few failed attempts at finding human players I decided I'd find a concmap server. Somehow I managed to find one that had three guys on it and I joined in. I was having some serious trouble concing, for one my ping was 200, and it was a new concmap I hadn't played before (that I can remember). They ignored me for a little while, (they were building teleporters at each jump for some reason) until one guy noticed I was having trouble. He showed me how to do the jump and after a few (more like 20) tries I had it. Unfortunately I couldn't find any normal servers other than this one, but it shows that the community does have its reputation (to a point) still. I also made sure to let them know about this place, suprisingly neither of them did. Maybe they'll show up. They sure seemed excited about it.

On another note, post some IPs that have human players, or private message them to me if you don't want to feel like a spammer. These boards have got me back into the game.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 05:34 AM   #70
o_zeroclash

I posted a link to a server above the web address is the IP have fun!
o_zeroclash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 06:08 AM   #71
o_anthraxium[wu]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
After a few failed attempts at finding human players I decided I'd find a concmap server. Somehow I managed to find one that had three guys on it and I joined in. Unfortunately I couldn't find any normal servers other than this one
thats cuz you live in arkansas sobe
o_anthraxium[wu] is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 08:21 AM   #72
o_digital_ghost

new [OLD TIMERS FUN HOUSE #1] Fast D/L's
IP: 69.93.145.213:27015

old [OLD TIMERS FUN HOUSE #1] Fast D/L's
IP: 205.234.159.2:27015

note: neotf servers. but not alot of peopel use neo that much on them, very nice place, great bunch of people.
o_digital_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 09:52 AM   #73
o_sobe green

Well I just played in zeroclash's server. My name was "Fortress-Forever.com" and I was crowbaring and knifing. Good times.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 01:46 PM   #74
o_thefinn

Come play on Drippy's 2Fort. one of the best servers you'll find, and one of the better communities to boot.
o_thefinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 03:06 PM   #75
o_returner

I'm going to commit ritual suicide soon.

I went to a server. The opposing team just camped outside our base and did nothing else. They also chased me for no reason. I went to another server. More chasing. And then to a third server. The respawn spamming was so bad that I couldn't even open the door without blowing up. And then a medic (my greatest, most sincere wish is that the medic will be removed from FF) charges through the door and infects everyone.

When only prepubescent newbies remain, even the best mod turns to shit.

Old 02-01-2005, 03:58 PM   #76
o_gunslinger

Sounds like you're playing the wrong game to me.
o_gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 04:01 PM   #77
o_binarylife

lol

That's when you start spamming your own respawn. Newbies never see it coming.

Just kidding, you just gotta find the right server. I always play on the same one and make sure I know the admins. That way, I know when they're playing and never have any problems.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 04:02 PM   #78
o_returner

As I've said, there are very few servers within 100 ms. Wireplay servers are almost the only ones that I can play on. And Wireplay sucks.

Old 02-01-2005, 04:06 PM   #79
o_binarylife

Then rough it up and go play NeoTF, plenty of servers even under 100ms.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2005, 04:29 PM   #80
o_returner

NeoTF is server side... and I've only seen one NTF server. Seeing as how you live in Pennsylvania, how can you possibly know what servers are under 100 ms from Finland?