Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 03-23-2005, 07:51 AM   #1
o_groovyf

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
US school massacre

Someone's just posted a link they got from google regarding the shooter....

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...%22+nazi&hl=en

Quite an interesting read considering it's a year old, and it's the same person
o_groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 08:00 AM   #2
o_cudweiser

http://www.blistering.com/fastpage/f...idx/1/menuid/1

How long do you think it will take the media to blame this all on Heavy Metal??
o_cudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 09:20 AM   #3
o_dirkpitt

creepy
o_dirkpitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 12:02 PM   #4
o_frenchtoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudweiser
How long do you think it will take the media to blame this all on Heavy Metal??
A day or two, but then they'll just jump on the Marilyn Manson bandwagon. TBH, I've seen interviews with Marilyn, and the one on Bowling for Columbine, he seems like an intelligent guy.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 12:03 PM   #5
o_etzell

For the record, his name is Todesengel or "Angel of Death."

That's German.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 05:57 PM   #6
o_cudweiser

Read "The Long Hard Road Out of Hell" Frenchtoast, he is actually a really intelligent guy, plus the book is good too.
o_cudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 07:18 PM   #7
o_anshinritsumai

If music doens't get blamed for it, games like Grand Theft Auto certainly will. Again.
o_anshinritsumai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 08:05 PM   #8
o_shaggy

Personally i blame it on the upbringing of kids today. Slowly, we've regressed in teaching our children right from wrong. It just gets worse, each generation. If parents stop placing their needs above the children then this wouldnt be an issue. And for god sake dont spare the rod. Today, all the parents want to be is their child's friend. Sheesh, sure you look like the good guy, but your hurting them soo much at the same time. And finally, if the schools were allowed to beat the children like they use too, then kids wouldn't have soo much power. I mean why should a kid listen to a teacher when their only threat is to inform the parents (who arent going to take displinary action) that their kid has been acting up.

Solution: bring back spanking or fine the kids (for parents who are set on no spanking). Here is the beauty of this system. Children fear spanking and the ones that get fined will fear the wrath of their parents. Heck it even makes since fining the kids. I mean when a student is disturbing class, the child is slowing down the productivity of the teacher, who is being paid by our tax dollars. And so the public should be reimbursed. The money from the fine will go towards improvements on the school which would otherwise come from tax dollars. In the end, it saves the public some money. Anyways enough of my ranting. What can i say i'm a parent.
o_shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 08:06 PM   #9
o_frenchtoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudweiser
Read "The Long Hard Road Out of Hell" Frenchtoast, he is actually a really intelligent guy, plus the book is good too.
Yeah, a lot of these guys are. For example I picked up the autobiography of Anthony Kiedis, he was addicted to heroin, cocaine, marijuana and LSD when he was 10, and yet he, in his interviews and his book, is an extremely intelligent guy.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2005, 01:31 AM   #10
o_yare

I know people are upset that because of incidents like this, every kid who writes dark poetry or expresses any kind of violence is psychiatrically evaluated, but maybe that's a good thing.
o_yare is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2005, 05:32 PM   #11
o_realchaos1

i recognized this event on the cryo site...
http://www.cryosynthesis.com/syntax/index.php
o_realchaos1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2005, 11:32 PM   #12
o_spader

Not all these shootings are because of the upbringing like (sorry I dont remember your name) said.

Take the case with the Oregon shooting. Kipland Kinkel.
Anyone who have seen the documentary knows that he suffered from serious mental illnesses (I as a n00b phychiatrist can spot traces of Borderline Personality Disorder, for instance).

He was harassed and bullied in school though, and I think that "that" and a combination of his mental illnesses and desperation made him do what he did.

Kipland Kinkel is in jail *for life I think*, for those who wonder.

/Spader
o_spader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2005, 11:45 PM   #13
o_nomak

Well to be honoset kids like this do this due to personal problems that others might imply on them. For instance the columbine shootings, the two kids were "gay" and were made fun of so their lock just broke and they went crazy. This kid in this indian reservation probably felt like an "outsider" because he was kept sort of "locked up" since he lived in a reservation. He was probably teased around for being native american and such. He also looks a bit on the heavy side from the pictures so im guessing people would have made fun of his looks. As everyone does. Human miscomfort is a natural thing but only to a certain extent. Once it goes to far their is no going back.
o_nomak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2005, 04:51 AM   #14
o_etzell

1) The Columbine kids (Further regarded as Klebold and Harris) weren't gay.
2) Klebold and Harris didn't want it to be a school shooting. They wanted it to be a major terrorist event. The first wave was the shooting. They were to kill themselves afterwards, which they did. Following this, some of the people fleeing were to get into their cars to leave, and get blown up by bombs in the parking lot (that never went off.) The final wave was to take out rescue crews trying to help the wounded out of the school, using the bombs that were planted in the cafeteria, which also didn't go off. These three waves were supposed to take out hundreds of people. I did my homework.
3) The two had a long history of violence, and threatening their classmates with death. It wasn't a "OK THAT IS IT! THEY MADE FUN OF US FOR THE LAST TIME! TOMORROW THEY DIE!" type of thing. This was planned out EXTENSIVELY.
4) Those guys weren't innocent children who couldn't take it anymore. Quite frankly, they were assholes, as can be determined from the previous chunk of my post.
5) Mr. Weise planned his murders as well. He was a member of several Neo-Nazi sites, and believed in the teachings of Hitler vehemently. It, also, wasn't a "they've pushed me too far, now they die" thing. It was a "now they die" thing.
6) If you look at his flash animation, you'll see that he had no problems with what he did, especially because he followed almost all of it, minus the cop car-grenade part.
7) Reservations aren't farmhouses with barbed wire fences keeping the residents in. They're very similar to regular towns, it's just that they are government lands given specifically to Native Americans. Also, there were MANY Native Americans around him, it wasn't as if he was the lone minority in a sea full of white people.

In conclusion, the three people mentioned in my post were sick, sick people. They had psychological problems stemming much deeper than teasing. There is NEVER a reason or justification for murder. NEVER.

~End Rant~
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote