Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Maps

Old 09-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #21
ddm999
worst ff player eu

Class/Position: o - no, d - scout
Gametype: IvDZ
Posts Rated Helpful 18 Times
I love how there's a set route, even though there isn't.

You always go far right at the start because then you don't have to go round the block then over the thing, and you always hit the right up ramp because it's really difficult to pull the centre route off and you always get slowed down by it, and you don't land correctly for the left route from the first right route.

Also the upper routes that I was going to put some kinda of separate race for are kinda useless apart from the first one which is pretty required for a fast run because of the height it gives you. :P

Can I just say though, jesus fucking christ squeek I'd never be able to go that fast through this. (how can you be good at coding a game, making maps for that game, making gamemodes for that game in another language to the coding, be fucking sweet at the game, and be good at all parts of the movement system in the game too)

(also, holy shit you were 20 seconds away from the map end - imagine if it ended while you were doing that run :P)

So, I'd love to see how you ppl should think I should improve this. (for the next map, because there's no real way of fixing the problems with this one without completely changing it)

Get rid of the trigger_push entirely, make it cover the whole map rather than just the floor, not use trigger_ff_script's to respawn you but instead of respawning you just killing you because I messed it up, and any particular textures / texture sets you'd like to see? (or maybe even a race map based on an actual CTF map - which would be kinda fucking awesome - and I'm prolly gonna go decompile shutdown2 to try and do that right now?)

edit: just noticed something in your vid, squeek.

how the fuck did you die at the start

Last edited by ddm999; 09-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.
ddm999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #22
the_cake
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 144 Times
Damn baby you hit dem trigger_pushes so smoooov.

squeek mastering useless skills again.

And yea make another one ddm. These maps are oddly competitive and fun at the same time.

Last edited by the_cake; 09-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.
the_cake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #23
ddm999
worst ff player eu

'These maps'?

Calm down, I've only made one, and it may just be a fluke that it plays so well (except it doesn't and is reliant on pretty much cheating the map).

Old 09-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #24
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm999 View Post
'These maps'?

Calm down, I've only made one, and it may just be a fluke that it plays so well (except it doesn't and is reliant on pretty much cheating the map).
I think you should make more in kinda the same style. The trigger pushes are kinda weird, but they make the map fun.

But maybe a change up in textures. I can't tell if I got a headache from the textures, or just from playing the map for 50 minutes at a time.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #25
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
maybe make multiple lanes for different teams, blue has pushes, red doesn't etc or have a button that enables or disables them.

Last edited by NeonLight; 09-11-2013 at 10:00 PM.
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #26
ddm999
worst ff player eu

dammit squeek I just accidently downloaded the old base_race cause it's the first one you uploaded and you uploaded separately rather than overwriting.

I'm planning on making another one of these - after my epicenter remake (that's not bs based pushes xD)

It'll prolly be like trimp_trainingz, but with a timer (ppl would get so raged everytime they miss a trimp xD)

Actually, adding base_race to trimp_trainingz would be cool as shit. Who made it?