Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 01-24-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Conan the Barbarian is going to be played by...

This faggot.

http://spectacle.provocateuse.com/im...n_momoa_06.jpg

His name is Jason Momoa and he's a faggot. Why is he a faggot? Because he's not a fucking barbarian, that's why the fuck he's a faggot.

http://compresadeadamantium.files.wo...n-momoa-31.jpg

Do you see this faggot destroying his enemies?

http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/f...0825-65369.jpg

Do you see this faggot loving to see his enemies driven before you?

http://blindie.com/wp-content/upload...momoa-lola.jpg

DO YOU THINK THIS FAGGOT WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THE WOMEN?

Fuck you Hollywood. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

This is a barbarian.

Notice how he's still ready for combat? Notice how he's fucking huge? Notice how he's a black haired ARNOLD FUCKING SCHAEUWAHRNAGGER? FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

ETA: FUCK. YOU.

Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Credge; 01-24-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
I went to see Book Of Eli last night.... one of the previews was for the remake of "Clash of the Titans"........ impressive effects, but it looks like they trashed the story to all shit.

I agree....... Fuck Hollywood.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
Speaking of likley upcoming waste of time/money films, they're doing the A-Team.

Fuck you Hollywood. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
I find it ironic that the word 'faggot' has been used so often and unpunished in the original post considering it is a highly offensive slur for homosexual people. You can argue about tongue-in-cheek intentions all you want, but everyone knows had I made this thread and replaced every discriminatory slur for homosexuals with the word 'nigger' even in a playful context, I would have been quickly warned or banned. Is that the double standard creeping back in?
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
I find it ironic that the word 'faggot' has been used so often and unpunished in the original post considering it is a highly offensive slur for homosexual people. You can argue about tongue-in-cheek intentions all you want, but everyone knows had I made this thread and replaced every discriminatory slur for homosexuals with the word 'nigger' even in a playful context, I would have been quickly warned or banned. Is that the double standard creeping back in?
It sure is.

Ain't life a fucking bitch?

Ronald Reagan

Old 01-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
had I made this thread and replaced every discriminatory slur for homosexuals with the word 'nigger' even in a playful context, I would have been quickly warned or banned. Is that the double standard creeping back in?
I think if anyone had done that they would've been warned or banned, Credge included. At least a faggot is the practical polar opposite of a barbarian. Throwing in nigger would'nt've even made any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
His name is Jason Momoa and he's a faggot. Why is he a faggot? Because he's not a fucking barbarian, that's why the fuck he's a faggot.
Boom. Context.

On topic: yeah what the fuck?

Last edited by Circuitous; 01-24-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Circuitous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
Bridget
Banned

Your subjective definition or a qualifier statement does not override average usage and expectation. It would be like writing. . .

"I hate the president of this country. I am going to assassinate him tomorrow morning with a high powered sniper rifle!"

. . . in your local newspaper and then adding at the end (when asked why you wrote that). . .

"Oh! What I meant by 'hate' was 'love', and what I meant by 'assassinate' was 'adore' and when I said 'high powered sniper rifle' I was actually using it to mean 'a bouquet of flowers and some chocolates'. Yep? See? I'm not a psychopath, because I redefined those words when challenged."

Sorry, but you're playing with words. People have expectations. You're not wiping your hands clean after doing the dirty work. The intention was obvious: to imply homosexuals or "faggots" in this case are too '* weak, effeminate, fragile, sensitive, etc' to be barbarians, generally perceived as 'strong, manly, built, insensitive, heroic, etc'. * That happens to be an offensive stereotype.

Here are the rules. Even though you're a retired development team member, I am going to post them here so you can review them as well. Let's not allow a double standard and let's all be fair and responsible and civil. Alright? Cool.

Quote:
2.2. Be reasonable. Be civil and respectful when posting regardless of what you’re saying or to whom you’re speaking. Being civil means, at a minimum, all of the following: no harassment, racism, sexism, homophobia, nation-hating (“country bashing”), clan bashing, pub-player bashing, “n00b” bashing, etc…. This rule extends to EVERTHING related to the forum: name, threads, posts, PMs, images, your profile, etc…

Last edited by Bridget; 01-24-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #8
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

I'm sorry Bridget, do you want me to change my post to fit your PC needs? I gladly will.

ETA: Life is still a bitch.

Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Credge; 01-24-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #9
Bridget
Banned

I don't have a problem with you, Credge. I don't see why anyone should get all upset over some goddamn words, but the admins and everyone on this forum got all tied in a knot when I told people to get over the word 'nigger' to which they said 'It might not bother you, but it bothers other people. So, you have to be considerate.' I just wish they would enforce this ideology consistently, instead of letting some of it go past even after recognition (such as 8269 once saying 'faggot' on a thread specifically about homosexuals. I don't have anything against him, just the fact that he got away with it. Why is 'faggot' okay to say but 'nigger' sends everyone into a frenzy?)

Old 01-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
Z4toichi

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
All three of the guys that were competing for the role sucked balls. If I had to choose between the three, I would say jared padalecki would be the better choice, he kinda resembles arnold, and hes been putting on muscle weight...This will be one movie I will pass on.
Z4toichi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #11
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
I don't have a problem with you, Credge. I don't see why anyone should get all upset over some goddamn words, but the admins and everyone on this forum got all tied in a knot when I told people to get over the word 'nigger' to which they said 'It might not bother you, but it bothers other people. So, you have to be considerate.' I just wish they would enforce this ideology consistently, instead of letting some of it go past even after recognition (such as 8269 once saying 'faggot' on a thread specifically about homosexuals. I don't have anything against him, just the fact that he got away with it. Why is 'faggot' okay to say but 'nigger' sends everyone into a frenzy?)
It's cultural. I agree that they're just words 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4toichi View Post
All three of the guys that were competing for the role sucked balls. If I had to choose between the three, I would say jared padalecki would be the better choice, he kinda resembles arnold, and hes been putting on muscle weight...This will be one movie I will pass on.
Same same same same saaaame!

I don't mind the hair choice here. Conan's supposed to have charcoal colored hair and brown is better than blonde. I guess. He's also supposed to be fair skinned and have piercing volcanic blue eyes. Well, I guess fair skin isn't right. He's supposed to have bronzed and scarred skins, although Cimmerians have fair skin (think Saxon). Despite this, he's 1/4th of something other than Cimmerian.

However, that guy just doesn't cut it at all.

Ronald Reagan

Old 01-25-2010, 12:13 AM   #12
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
He's an actor.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:17 AM   #13
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
He's an actor.
So is Charlie Sheen but I don't think he'd play a Barbarian very well.

Ronald Reagan

Old 01-25-2010, 01:33 AM   #14
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Make-up and CG can go pretty far.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:03 AM   #15
Suite307

No one in this century has the accent / skills of Arnold. He raped steroids in the ass.
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 AM   #16
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
Make-up and CG can go pretty far.
I lol'd.

Anyhoo... it's Conan. Who gives a fuck?

Old 01-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #17
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
What you miss from that image is that the man is not the barbarian, he's the sex toy of the woman, who is the real barbarian but chooses to hide her martial prowess due to the current views of society. The positioning of the skull is representative of the hidden undercurrents of sexual violence, primarily the violence caused by women. It is why we all defer to our wives in times of duress. We know they will kill us if we speak out of turn. *checks over shoulder*

This bitch is a barbarian, sir. Not a faggot.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
Etzell
D&A Member

It's a remake of Conan. If the choice of actor is your biggest problem with that, you seriously need to re-think your priorities.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2010, 04:43 AM   #19
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell View Post
It's a remake of Conan. If the choice of actor is your biggest problem with that, you seriously need to re-think your priorities.
I don't follow.

Have you read any of the books or short stories revolving around Conan? Arnold wasn't exactly an accurate depiction of the character, but he was far, far, far, faaaar closer than this guy in every way imaginable.

Are you suggesting that the Conan books aren't worth making more movies about? Like, not even when he's an old king?

Ronald Reagan

Old 01-27-2010, 05:04 AM   #20
Etzell
D&A Member

I'm suggesting that it's more than likely going to suck.

If someone were making a film about a book series I liked, I'd be more concerned about that fact than who they got to play the main character.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote