Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 03-28-2005, 04:41 PM   #1
o_jefferino

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
PSP Launch

So far right now when I go to the popular gaming websites (gamespot, gamespy, ign) you see PSP all over the place. It's like Sony has flooded all this money into these sites to totally hype up this system. Then on IGN I read this http://psp.ign.com/articles/599/599156p1.html

First of all I don't feel one bit sorry for Sony. They got the whole concept of "portable" gaming system. I believe a portable gaming system is meant for on the road trips or just when your on a long subway ride or something. Personally I don't need to watch a stupid movie on a tiny screen on my portable system. I don't think I would need such good graphics either. I think the Nintendo SP is the best choice out there. I'm going to pay over 250 american which is like 350 canadian to buy a portable system and then also pay like 40 bucks for games. If i had tons of money then maybe. It's just way too much money.

Also I am sick and tired of these big huge websites bringing down Nintendo. I know they have big problems with their DS system (Lack of games!), but I believe in their new concept that graphics isn't just gonna cut it these days. I remember when the DS was launched in like November 2004 I didn't see anything written on the DS compared to what the PSP has right now. I didn't even know the DS was out and I check these websites everyday.

I can't wait for the revolution and I am probably gonna get a PS3 also because it's probably going to be the better system but Nintendo will always be my favorite. Who cares about microsoft. I hate microsoft and I hope their next gen system sucks ass!

End Rant....
o_jefferino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 04:47 PM   #2
o_zippy

u really should be using www.Gamingnewz.co.uk no more to be said! i do agree that microsoft suck!
o_zippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 05:06 PM   #3
o_binarylife

It's a portable gaming system, no different than any other. Small, cool, expensive, and rarely used. Nintendo was the only one I know of that came close to the best product.
I work at CCity, we had 25 to start with, and sold a total of 8 by the end of the day.
Best Buy had 130 to start with and sold all of them by the end. It seems that it'll do it's thing. I havent' met someone who owned it and didn't like it. But I still wont be buying it until it succeeds.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 07:40 PM   #4
o_anshinritsumai

I got mine at the midnight launch here in California (PST | GMT -08:00 fer you internationals). I haven't had one problem with it.

-Very sleek.
-Battery life is longer than expected, thankfully.
-Very smooth framerates on any game or movie played on it.
-Not bad considering it's running @ 2/3's it's processor capacity.
-Transfering files to the PSP using a "USB & b port cable" (one side is USB, other is B for Digital Cameras, MiniDisk Players, iPods, etc) is very easy to use.
-Thick ass manual that covers EVERYTHING
-Loads of games (and continues to grow)
-Loads of movies coming soon (also continues to grow)
-Easy controls
-Excellent Quality sound (especially for a handheld)

All GameStops, EBGames, and BestBuys in my area; are sold out.
o_anshinritsumai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 08:16 PM   #5
o_otiz

I may be talking about something else since I don't care about consoles but I heard that (probably PSP) had a problem where one of the buttons wouldn't work all the time because it was too close to the screen.
o_otiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2005, 08:28 PM   #6
o_etzell

Quote:
Originally Posted by otiz
I may be talking about something else since I don't care about consoles but I heard that (probably PSP) had a problem where one of the buttons wouldn't work all the time because it was too close to the screen.
That's the PSP.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2005, 03:43 AM   #7
o_thedarkone

I'm personally looking forward to Nintendo being crushed. They know that their next hand-held system won't be nearly as good as Sony's so they spout off crap about how they're going to come up with new ways to play games. Well, the DS has been out for a while and the games are what's still lacking.

And US$250 is C$304, if you were wondering..
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2005, 01:14 AM   #8
o_anshinritsumai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkOne
I'm personally looking forward to Nintendo being crushed. They know that their next hand-held system won't be nearly as good as Sony's so they spout off crap about how they're going to come up with new ways to play games. Well, the DS has been out for a while and the games are what's still lacking.

And US$250 is C$304, if you were wondering..
Also consider the fact that only the "Value Pack" is available. The suggested price for the unit alone with a sampler disk is supposed to be about $185. Based on known price of the Japanese unit selling for ¥185,000.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:40 AM   #9
o_yare

I purchased a Nintendo DS about a month ago, and I've found it to be quite entertaining.

Playing games and minigames on the touch screen has a satisfyingly direct control that is missing even from consoles. The 3D graphics do their job well, and the slated lineup of games looks interesting.

Ninteond DS's wireless is supposed to be made Internet-ready via some peripheral this year according to Nintendo sources at the GDC. I find this particular feature especially interesting.

The PSP has some good games on it as well. I think I'll be purchasing it when they fix all the problems and the price decreases a bit.
o_yare is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2005, 06:57 AM   #10
o_anshinritsumai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yare
I purchased a Nintendo DS about a month ago, and I've found it to be quite entertaining.

Playing games and minigames on the touch screen has a satisfyingly direct control that is missing even from consoles. The 3D graphics do their job well, and the slated lineup of games looks interesting.

Ninteond DS's wireless is supposed to be made Internet-ready via some peripheral this year according to Nintendo sources at the GDC. I find this particular feature especially interesting.

The PSP has some good games on it as well. I think I'll be purchasing it when they fix all the problems and the price decreases a bit.
Possibly the V-Pocket, which is a recently patented product by Nintendo at the same time they patented Palm OS for the V-Pocket.

Which is essentially a Nintendo DS with the ability to become a Palm. They will probably release a peripheral as well, for the DS's that don't come standard with Palm OS; in the future.

I've been reading alot on both the DS and PSP; and by what I can tell, both will hold their own for a LONG time. Considering DS has a reputable company behind it, and Sony has too, but not in the Handhelds. PSP is online out-of-the-box and can play online WiFi as soon as you purchase it and open it up. People have even found some ways to access an internet web browser on the PSP via Wipeout Pure (PSP Exclusive Wipeout title).

GG Nintendo DS.
GG Sony PSP.