Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 08-11-2005, 09:55 PM   #21
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
http://www.got3n.com/player.php?pid=Arnie_Ze_Austrian

The only thing I dislike about the game is the thankless task of holding pressured points and getting artilleried(like that's a word) every 3 mins... :/
I always seem to end up on the clueless team, too. That gets maddening at times.

Old 08-11-2005, 10:48 PM   #22
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
is it just me or are no servers returned when you check the RANKED box?
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2005, 11:23 PM   #23
o_frenchtoast

I only play Ranked, I pwn.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2005, 11:51 PM   #24
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I played the demo at someones else computer and I spent the whole day playing it.
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 12:04 AM   #25
o_fizzle

what unlocks have you guys gotten
personally i've only gotten one so far, the PKM and it rips the shiz out of everyone

anyone get the 50 cal?
o_fizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 12:07 AM   #26
o_shadowfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchman MM
From all the talking they're doing about the game, it reminds me of Operation Flashpoint which kicked so much ass but no one played it.
I played OFP. It was the best i only stopped playing it once i got CS. I was playing it like crazy altough i would get booted from half the servers coz i had dial up. Campaign game mode online whoowee with alot of people is alot of fun. Capturing towns getting money and buying stuff to own the other team. I dont think OFP got the recognition it shouldve because it was a great game and in my opinion BF1942 was a rip off it because it was there before BF1942
o_shadowfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 12:25 AM   #27
o_cmart

I'm already really bored with it. I played the original BF plus all the mods for a year or two, along with UT2k4 onslaught and ctf. It needs something else besides driving your jeep in circles around the map capturing points with the occasional jet dropping a bomb on you or tank getting in your way. I know theres a domination and ctf game type in the works, hopefully that with spark some more interest.
o_cmart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 12:28 AM   #28
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle
what unlocks have you guys gotten
personally i've only gotten one so far, the PKM and it rips the shiz out of everyone
I played around a bit with the unlocked weapons when they were unintentionally unlocked. I didn't like the replacement Assault rifle, because it didn't have a grenade launcher; I love the grenade launcher. I also tried the replacement Sniper rifle. Wow, it actually works! The standard rilfes seem very inconsistent (despite the fact that they're rated higher under "accuracy"), but the replacement is super-strong. Almost the AWP by comparison I don't tend to snipe much though, so I actually unlocked the Rocket dude's shotty. The shotty is pretty strong, but has no range, and takes forever to reload.

I like the Spec Ops dude, so is the replacement machine gun any good for him?

Also, what do you guys use for server browsers? I ever-so-hate BF2s ingame browser.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 12:35 AM   #29
o_frenchtoast

I've unlocked 2. I unlocked the Support gun, and it's really good. Fairly inaccurate, but very strong. Then I unlocked the Medic weapon, and it's frekin accurate as hell.

I unlocked those 2 becaue they're the main classes that I play.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 01:17 AM   #30
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

The spec ops rifle is allegedly the best unlock if you're getting your first. I have to say I really like it. It's accurate over long distances, much better than the original.

My only complaint about the unlock system is that it doesn't remember what your preference is. If I've unlocked a gun and chosen it, I still need to choose it next time I start up BF2. It's pretty annoying.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:11 AM   #31
o_fizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles
The standard rilfes seem very inconsistent (despite the fact that they're rated higher under "accuracy"), but the replacement is super-strong.
thanks, thats just what i was wondering, the default sniper rifle, on any army does seem very under powered, which agrovates me. it says effective up to 1000 meters...try 50

i was just using the american sniper rifle a few mins ago, and found that you have to aim quite high to hit your targets. the bullets arch is way out of controll, even the mp5s arch isnt that small
o_fizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 02:55 AM   #32
o_kam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedBunny
Gazelle.
That was my second guess. Is it the new ff logo?
o_kam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 03:59 AM   #33
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaMIKazE
That was my second guess.
That was my second guess as well. My first guess was a demon
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 04:44 AM   #34
o_balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchman MM
From all the talking they're doing about the game, it reminds me of Operation Flashpoint which kicked so much ass but no one played it.
i used to play it loads on a LAN with my pals and yes it does own. vast maps with plently of vehicles and tactical missions There was a strong sence of realism in it too... not really the graphics, just the landscape and the surroundings

But yeah, ive been playing BF2 lately too. Almost half way up Lance Corpral atm and its getting better every time . I like the whole squad and commader thing, but the vehicles are definatly the best . Apache all the way !!

Quote:
The spec ops rifle is allegedly the best unlock if you're getting your first. I have to say I really like it. It's accurate over long distances, much better than the original.

My only complaint about the unlock system is that it doesn't remember what your preference is. If I've unlocked a gun and chosen it, I still need to choose it next time I start up BF2. It's pretty annoying.
Am i the only one whos weapon(s) are staying unlocked from the first time i did it ? I went for the spec ops too, think im gonna go for sniper next though .

Btw Defrag, do you have xfire? me and carwash usually have a few games here and there and do quite well

edit: Jiggles, ASE works and its 10x better. You can also get rid of the intro movies so all you have to do is hit enter and your in
o_balls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 05:45 AM   #35
trepid_jesse
Fortress Forever Staff

Some guy mentioned renaming those video files that are loaded when you open BF2, and that works.

I think you re-name all but two, I mean.. it's not hard to figure out which ones you rename I'm just too tired and lazy to go look right now.

You're just renaming them so that BF2 can't find them when it loads.

Trepid, what?
trepid_jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 06:00 AM   #36
o_psycho_soldier

I pray that BF2 doesn't influence the development of FF at all. I don't like BF2 at all... =/
o_psycho_soldier is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 08:08 AM   #37
o_leetard

I love BF2.

Havent played it much the past month or two, I bought it few days after it was released and played it pretty much non stop. I wish more of the servers would be ranked, thatd woop ass. All servers should be ranked, the weapon unlock/rank system is just too cool, and too many fools dont enable it. I personally play special forces and anti tank. I love to make things go boom. Also have a canny for sniper, since theres so much terrain to hide in, and sniping can take some skill (unlike TFC:P).

And personally, I suck at flying aircrafts. I just suck, no matter how much I practice. I drive a mean APC or tank, though. Countless times ive won the transport/tank award.

Damn, I need to play it now. Too bad I need to sleep for work

Someone decide on a freakin server so we can all play. A RANKED one.
o_leetard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 08:16 AM   #38
o_robg

Guys don't post stuff like this, I can't afford to buy new games and you're making me do it..
o_robg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 08:48 AM   #39
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
the barret sniper rifle is tripe. its powerful, as in it can kill in one, but ive found it cant hit its target for shit over any decent distance. try setting up camp under one of the pylons on the cliffside on kubra dam. even though ive been on target, ive rarely hit anything. also some sort of distance meter would be nice so i could aim up when needed
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2005, 12:28 PM   #40
o_balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepid_jesse
Some guy mentioned renaming those video files that are loaded when you open BF2, and that works.

I think you re-name all but two, I mean.. it's not hard to figure out which ones you rename I'm just too tired and lazy to go look right now.

You're just renaming them so that BF2 can't find them when it loads.
yes, located in "C:\Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies" rename all but menu.bik and menu_loggedin.bik and thats it
o_balls is offline   Reply With Quote