Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > Server/Player Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #21
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
That is correct. If my ignorant friend looks at the quote it's exactly the same. Ignorance is such a wonder full thing. Also even if you change the original post that doesn't change the quote of the original post. Also please learn how to size your images so it doesn't do wacky stuff to the forums.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ignorantfuck (Custom).jpg (34.4 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by [AE] 82694; 05-06-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #22
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [AE] 82694 View Post
That is correct. If my ignorant friend looks at the quote it's exactly the same. Ignorance is such a wonder full thing. Also even if you change the original post that doesn't change the quote of the original post. Also please learn how to size your images so it doesn't do wacky stuff to the forums.

Sadly,there is a vBulletin mode that uses Lightbox that resizes it and then does a nice module popup to view it. But honestly, how hard is it to open up Photoshop, gimp, etc and resize it!

oh, AND WAH WAH WAH YOU GOT BANNED ON A VIDEO GAME SERVER, OH NOES YOUR LIFE IS OVER.
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014

Old 05-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #23
!nF3D4L
D&A Member

Class/Position: Offy ftw
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: ]NM[- `DIB5
Send a message via MSN to !nF3D4L
I will just say for the record that I know for a fact his 9 year old son plays on that account. I have played with Death for over a year and he is very strict on his language but yes his 9 year old son does play on that account. I also play with his wife but that is fairly irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
From that angle it looks like she has a flaming penis...
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
Yeah, cause big bad infy is the center of all things development. He is, however, the center of all things cool.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:56 AM   #24
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by !nF3D4L View Post
I will just say for the record that I know for a fact his 9 year old son plays on that account. I have played with Death for over a year and he is very strict on his language but yes his 9 year old son does play on that account. I also play with his wife but that is fairly irrelevant.
Chances are if he'd come to our forums and asked us about it politely, instead of this rant, it would have been reversed by now. He's still available for a ban review, but I highly doubt after his posts that it would be granted.... but not in my hands. Shame he had to react like this to an automated ban.

Scuzzy

Old 05-07-2010, 01:18 AM   #25
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Can't we all just get along? Ahh fuck it...

DOWN WITH THE MAN!!! *fist shake*
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 05-07-2010, 03:03 AM   #26
{Vax}
IRL Civilian

Class/Position: Pyro / Offensive
Gametype: Capture the Flag
He just got his ass kicked :O!

Old 05-07-2010, 03:17 AM   #27
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Interesting thread we got here.

Man makes comment on another thread. Admins move his comments into their own thread. Admins title thread 'Waaahhh! I'm banned'. Admins change title to 'I'm banned' after I point out how rude that was. Scuzzy implies man is a liar. Scuzzy insults his family by calling man's son imaginary. Someone defends man revealing he does have a son that plays on his account. Scuzzy continues to make man out to be a bad guy by suggesting he need not create a fuss about it and should have taken it to the Old Timers forum, forgetting that this thread was not created by the original poster, but was constructed by the admins off a comment he made elsewhere. Man thrown under bus by administrative team. Fortress Forever's community ages once more.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:26 AM   #28
{Vax}
IRL Civilian

Class/Position: Pyro / Offensive
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post

Man makes comment on another thread. Admins move his comments into their own thread. Admins title thread 'Waaahhh! I'm banned'. Admins change title to 'I'm banned' after I point out how rude that was. Scuzzy implies man is a liar. Scuzzy insults his family by calling man's son imaginary. Someone defends man revealing he does have a son that plays on his account. Scuzzy continues to make man out to be a bad guy by suggesting he need not create a fuss about it and should have taken it to the Old Timers forum, forgetting that this thread was not created by the original poster, but was constructed by the admins off a comment he made elsewhere. Man thrown under bus by administrative team. Fortress Forever's community ages once more.
Maybe was a bad day for Scuzzy

Old 05-07-2010, 06:10 AM   #29
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
I think [AE] 82694 is a o-t fanboy and probably a red neck too D:

Last edited by zE; 05-07-2010 at 06:11 AM.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #30
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:

I understand that you do not follow this thread of conversation, so I'm going to walk you through it like you were a little girl, maybe even show you some pictures, and then maybe you'll grasp it. Are you ready? Ok, hands above your desk, let's begin...

Death Dispenser started off this conversation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the death dispenser
Well over zealous is quite an understatement. I was playing on one of the two servers for this game today. The afore mentioned OT server. My 9 year old son tried to join me and was banned. Then when I asked why my 9 year old might be banned I was promptly banned as well. I guess that question was a bit out of line lol. I know 6 people who have played this mod. ALL of them are banned at that server. So lets be frank here. The admins there are jerks. With that kind of thing going on and with there being so few servers, this mod will never have a chance to grow. It's a real shame as this is a much better game than tf2 will ever be. No one wants to play with abusive admins. You may think that 2 players wouldn't make a difference. I suspect the total number is significantly higher than that. Which is the difference between a populated game and what we have here, a game with so few users it cannot in its present form gain an audience.
Now, did you see what I did there? I "quoted" him, this means I took his earlier statements and I showed them in this post. "quoted". Now, the guy above, he's the guy that started the "conversation", I know that's a big word kiddo, but hang in there, it'll be ok buddy.

His entire premise is that the admins are abusive.

Now here's where I change it all up!!!! I'm going to "quote" myself here, which again means I'm showing you what I said previously. Here's the first line of my post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy <---- That's me, that's my name there, you follow?
Your ban was automated, no admin was involved.
Wow, I pointed out that admins had absolutely nothing to do with his ban!!! It was automated!

Whoa Whoa Whoa Bridget, calm down calm down... it's OK! Automated.. automated... in this situation that means that a person didn't ban him, a computer program that linked his account to a previously banned account banned him.

Now, he called me a liar. Our policy on additional steam-ids is well known and very clear, which is why I pointed him to a link to them for review. Oh, yeah... um, well, a "link" is a pointer to another webpage. If you click on them with your mouse you go to another site, or page on the same site... It's a bit confusing, maybe one of your friends can give you a demo.

Now, why did we change the title of the thread. Well, there's this guy in the forums...

He's a little sensative, and he was very very upset that the thread was titled "Waaaaah I was banned." and he complained. It wasn't fair.

It's hard to believe someone can take their forum reading so fucking seriously that they actually had to complain about "waaaaah", but hey... It takes all types, right?

Yeah, it takes all types. So, my advice to you, in this order:
  1. Grow up a bit. Forums are not as serious business as you think.
  2. Grow a pair.
  3. Get a life.

Scuzzy

Old 05-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #31
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Find some cover, Scuzzy's trolling.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #32
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Find some cover, Scuzzy's trolling.
Just pointing out that you're being a baby Bridget. You always have to make everything about you, and frankly this conversation doesn't have a damn thing to do with you. Go get some sleep.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #33
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Dont worry bridget, your clan server overtrowned o-t servers in popularity/number of players so its all good D: And all these US banned dudes, where they go after their bans .p Its a win situation.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #34
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
the death dispenser: You're not attacking the evidence, you're basically just using an emotional appeal to claim they're all liars, which makes me think you're either not being smart about this or else are lying. Let's say this was a case of mistaken identity or something. If you were smart, you would appeal them, explain you don't know why you were banned, maybe get re-instated, then start recording demos of your future games there if something ever happened again, so you have evidence. They already have evidence. Considering how your ban was AUTOMATED, that really flies in the face of what you're saying, and O-T has a whole system set up to keep logs, which makes the evidence stacked against you, which implies you're lying.

The only way you're telling the truth is if O-T has this big conspiracy set up to change the logs for specific people they don't even know, then ban them at random for no reason. While possible, that makes no goddamn sense. So carried out logically, here are the only 2 conclusions I'm seeing from what people are saying here:

1. There's an O-T conspiracy to ban you and people you know for no reason.

2. You're lying or remembering things incorrectly about one or more things you've said so far.

If I was a judge, I would rule #2 is more likely.

It doesn't help your claim that I've played on O-T for a long time and have never seen anything like what you're describing. I have on rare occasions, seen people banned for guilt of association, mistaken identity, or cracking a joke at exactly the worst time (an admin is upset over someone else, but confuses the joke as being associated with that player), but an AUTOMATED ban would be immune to any human error like that.

Last edited by chilledsanity; 05-07-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #35
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Here comes the forum lockdown, and the subsequent removal of proof of the administrative team's trolling.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #36
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

You know what It is locked. But I'm locking it just cause you said so. please note no proof has been removed.

Last edited by [AE] 82694; 05-07-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #37
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
For future reference, see the thread Ban Review Info--stickied in this section.

Also see the Forum Rules. Relevant bullet points include:

Quote:
2.5. If you have a problem with one of the moderators, admins, or another member of these forums, either email them or send them a PM.
There's also the Public to Team Communication forum, where you can talk to the dev team in private (this means no grandstanding).

Quote:
3.3. Do NOT make threads whining/complaining about how server XYZ is lame because it banned you. If you have issues with specific servers, take it up in with those individual server operators, or use our Server/Player Discussion board.
In this case the discussion was split from the original thread and put in its proper place.

Closed Thread